Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
This thread is so long...I can't go through all of the pages.
Anyway is this new Ukrainian president doing anything practical or useful?
He doesn't doing anything without command from Washington. I could say more than that - everything he is doing is what Obama gives an order him to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 09:55 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
On the other hand, I'm ready to provide humanitarian help if need be, as I did for the Serbians victims of the ethnic cleansing of Kosovo by Albanians and NATO...
An excellent idea! Refugees from Slavyansk need help - they lost everything - their homes, peaceful life and their relatives. You can find contacts of organizer of help for refugees in Internet.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:17 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,029 times
Russia warns Finland against joining NATO - Norway Today

"Do Finland want to start World War III? It's something to think about if Finland wants to join NATO, warns Russian President Vladimir Putin's personal envoy Sergei Markov."

The source is a bit ****ty I have to admit

Old 06-09-2014, 11:45 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,223 times
Quote:
What can he do ? shoot on the civilian population too ? in what delusional
world are you living ?
Well Mr. Putin should be a statesmen not an arrogant 'petrodollar punk' pushing people around.

^ Take a look. The old KGB boy has now opened his mouth up against Finland.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:03 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Russia warns Finland against joining NATO - Norway Today

"Do Finland want to start World War III? It's something to think about if Finland wants to join NATO, warns Russian President Vladimir Putin's personal envoy Sergei Markov."

The source is a bit ****ty I have to admit
Yes, yes, this was because of some interview in Svenska Dagbladet and that Markov blamed Finland, Sweden, Poland and the Baltic States as the most russophobic nations which might ignite WWIII. Well, for all those "friendly" Russians out there, all of us would gladly change our geographical location as far away from Russia as possible.

As I said earlier, we have very good grounds for our russophobia, as being next to Russia haven't brought anything but misery to the neighbouring counties. Of course in Russian schools they teach only about peace and love, which is nothing but false. When the Asian horde moves westwards, it has brought nothing but misery and sorrow. The Slav-communist-BRSCHKDSFDGJFDHJHFGF-orthodox-mindless-serf-cattle horde wiped out 90% of my granddad's family, so I think I'll have the right to wipe out 90% of all of these fu**s that can't even write in proper letters. We'll call it square after that. 45% will do as well.

And for clarification, I don't hate the Russian people as a whole, I don't have a craving for blood, and I don't despise any poster just for being Russian. It's only Leninists/Stalinists/Kremlinists/Putinists and their mindless bots I hate. Being simply Russian I have no problems with, and will greet anybody just Russian as a true friend if that person wants to.

Last edited by Ariete; 06-09-2014 at 12:19 PM..

Old 06-09-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
As I said earlier, we have very good grounds for our russophobia, as being
next to Russia haven't brought anything but misery to the neighbouring
counties
And I'd just like to add that another country, specifically Poland, could be added to the list. I give the 2010 Polish plane diaster where a number of its top government officials perished in the crash in Smolensk. Another dismal topic for another thread but the theme is the same.......'questions' about Russian behavior. I think investigations are going on. But I haven't seen anything concrete on Russian perfidy. But there's talk and some strange happenings going on with the landing and after. So I'm not surpsied about the 'Russophobia.' Par for the international course.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
At the height of the Cold War, when the Warsaw Pact was a very real threat, Finland was neutral and not even a member of NAT0! and now in front of "almighty Russia" (whose military has 7% -yes seven percent-of the budget of NATO ), Finland, and, I heard, Sweden want to join NATO . Why ? what for? why such paranoia ?
Tell you what is going to happen : I don't know if they will actually join that criminal organization, and couldn't care less. But I bet that after having destabilized Ukraine, the Western Powers are soon going to try their luck with a neighbouring country that has been (incredibly) off the radar during the whole Ukraine crisis : Bielorussia (I don't say "Belarus" for I find the old name nicer, in the same way as some people would still give Burma its old name instead of his new, Myanmar).
The West-for whatever reasons, sincere or/and insincere- positively loathes Lukashenko - their distrust and hate of Putin pales in comparison...and now that the show is on,and the high beams are flooding that region of Eastern Europe, they would give the guy a free pass ? certainly not.
The MIAMC (militaro-industrial-academic-medatic complex) wants wars. So I don't believe things are going to calm down , quite the oppoiste. I'm certain the next months unforunately will prove that my hindsight is right.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,408,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
As I said earlier, we have very good grounds for our russophobia, as being next to Russia haven't brought anything but misery to the neighbouring counties. Of course in Russian schools they teach only about peace and love, which is nothing but false. When the Asian horde moves westwards, it has brought nothing but misery and sorrow. The Slav-communist-BRSCHKDSFDGJFDHJHFGF-orthodox-mindless-serf-cattle horde wiped out 90% of my granddad's family, so I think I'll have the right to wipe out 90% of all of these fu**s that can't even write in proper letters. We'll call it square after that. 45% will do as well.

And for clarification, I don't hate the Russian people as a whole, I don't have a craving for blood, and I don't despise any poster just for being Russian. It's only Leninists/Stalinists/Kremlinists/Putinists and their mindless bots I hate. Being simply Russian I have no problems with, and will greet anybody just Russian as a true friend if that person wants to.
You hate Russians, it is clear, you have genocide feelings towards Russians, no different than Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and other psychotic people who think mass extermination is the key to spreading their ideology.

And it is laughable being in Final and you think being next to Russia is misery. Finland, the area that belonged to Sweden, the area loss to Sweden when many years before Sweden invaded the Russian Empire. Who granted autonomy to Finnish areas? Oh yes, the Russian Empire did, Sweden never gave you Fins the time of day.

Even better, Finland declares independence upon the Russian Revolution, yet you criticize areas in Ukraine doing the same? Tell me, what is the difference between Finland declaring its independence from the Russian Empire and current areas in Ukraine declaring their independence?

Then you act like it is some great, never lingering tragedy the Soviets invaded Finland to gain back the territory the Russian Empire lost, and you continue blabbering about this non-sense a 100 years later. Oh wait, invaded territory they lost? You mean you did not support the Soviets doing so, but yet you support Kiev doing so? How is that?

And lastly, WW2, you know, when Finland sided with Nazi Germany and launched an invasion of the USSR. Who brings misery to who's borders? How many families did your Nazi Finland wipe out?

Old 06-09-2014, 05:26 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,408,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
And I'd just like to add that another country, specifically Poland, could be added to the list. I give the 2010 Polish plane diaster where a number of its top government officials perished in the crash in Smolensk. Another dismal topic for another thread but the theme is the same.......'questions' about Russian behavior. I think investigations are going on. But I haven't seen anything concrete on Russian perfidy. But there's talk and some strange happenings going on with the landing and after. So I'm not surpsied about the 'Russophobia.' Par for the international course.
There is nothing mysterious about the plane crash, the cockpit voice recorders are pretty clear in showing the negligence of the flight crew.

Poland is hardly some innocent bystander in the world, they have invaded Russia in the past numerous times (and vice versa), but everyone and their brother focuses on one, singular event which was WW2, conveniently ignoring all the history before that.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:39 PM

k350....

Re: The crash. Again not the topic of the thread but contrary to what you suggest there's an iceberg waiting to be explored underneath. Say maybe shades of a Katyn type scenario going on, eh? History does at times has a strange way of repeating itself.

Re: Poland

Believe this. Russian military planning for the 21st will be damned sure the Polish corridor to its Western border will never present itself for invasion. They've had it with Napoleons and Hitlers using it for a free pass into Russian territory. It follows that Russia will indubitably always want offensive capability in that sector of the long border. And with the Crimean grab they've given themselves some stronger offensive maneuver in that area as well. So with all that it is logical for Poland to have NATO look at the situation carefully since it is a target if hostilities break out.

Not sure if Mr. Putin plays chess but he seems to have an extraordinary sense of development and positioning for the East-West contest to come. Unfortunately, the Ukraine right now is the focal point of that rivalry and where Mr. Putin is acting as an out of touch doctor letting the patient bleed to death instead of closing the wounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe