Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: military crime of Ukraine

Anxiously awaiting something from Vladimir on the events there. If he doesn't do something to ameliorate or de-hype the situation there shortly he'll be seeing some more sanctions.
In fact from what I read on rebel's site lately, is a lot of questions regarding Putin's agenda; the same kind of questions that a lot of readers from Russia are posing as well. A lot of people are unhappy about his "double talk" and acceptance ( at least official) of Poroshenko. In fact that's why Russians are planning a big rally in support of Donetsk and Lugansk republics on Wednesday in Moscow. So this whole thing is much bigger than just "Putin."
We'll see how it goes.

Quote:
It is ludicrous to think Ukraine can let the separatists have their way.
Why? Because American corporations are already counting their potential profits that they are planning to get in East Ukraine? That's why it's "ludicrous?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
k350....

Re: The crash. Again not the topic of the thread but contrary to what you suggest there's an iceberg waiting to be explored underneath. Say maybe shades of a Katyn type scenario going on, eh? History does at times has a strange way of repeating itself.

Re: Poland

Believe this. Russian military planning for the 21st will be damned sure the Polish corridor to its Western border will never present itself for invasion. They've had it with Napoleons and Hitlers using it for a free pass into Russian territory. It follows that Russia will indubitably always want offensive capability in that sector of the long border. And with the Crimean grab they've given themselves some stronger offensive maneuver in that area as well.

That was not a "grab" - it was a prevention of NATO's takeover of Crimea with the following replacement of Russian fleet with the US Navy. In fact I've received yesterday a very interesting article written by an Italian ( sorry - it was translated only into Russian) that states a very interesting thing that that was the main goal behind the change of the government in Kiev. There are a lot of interesting facts there that I didn't know before, ( although that was my guess ( about the goal of replacement of the Russian fleet with American ships in Crimea) right away.)

That's a link to original article in Italian -

Subscription Plans

The world is a big chess-board indeed.

Quote:
Not sure if Mr. Putin plays chess but he seems to have an extraordinary sense of development and positioning for the East-West contest to come.
This "contest" has been cooked by the West in the nineties, although inadvertently so. It was not looking forward to it, but greed (and stupidity) are punishable, alas.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:00 AM

235 posts, read 211,044 times
Default Kramatorsk. The Eyes Of God.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,318 times
The Ukraine is a sovereign nation, if it chooses to join NATO then that is for the Ukraine to decide for it's self. What Putin has done has only convinced the world that what the Americans have been saying all along is true. Russia has not changed.

Putin talks about the Ukrainian government killing it's own people, then openly supports a butcher like the dictator Assad in Syria who has murdered tens of thousands of his own people. The hypocrisy of the Russian government is appalling.

The Majority of the Ukrainian people see their future in a free Europe not in a re hashed version of the disaster that was the soviet union.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:36 AM

235 posts, read 211,044 times
Default Two photos - two people.

On the first photo the girl from the Maidan wants pants with laces and EU
In the second photo Novorossiya's inhabitants ask that they weren't killed by those who was brought to power by the girl with lacy pants.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,223 times
Re: the expected rally in Moscow for the Donetsk and Lugansk republics on Wednesday

You know I 'd suggest pro Russian supporters/separatists are eager for that since it would certainly give more impetus for 'Russia', namely Mr. Putin himself , to cut more and more bark from the Ukrainian tree. That would embolden him more in the course he's taken.

And no doubt the commentary will have to be along the lines of 'We must destroy the Nazis and fascists of Kiev'. To the death!'. And as I have always thought that propensity to blame the West for this kind of banter is ludicrous. As what happened prior to WW II, I think we should never under estimate the power of lies and inane bombast to excite various populations. Once again it no doubt will be on display fomenting upheaval, violence and destruction. The dissemination of prevarication, exaggeration and propaganda is alive and well around the borders of Russia and Ukraine. There's plenty of it in the East and the West has to work with the dregs.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:23 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times
Oh Mr travric is disturbed by a rally on Moscow. Maybe rallies should be forbidden now, or only those of the political color agreed by the Western Powers. Or else : sanctions? The new conception of "democracy" in the West, I presume.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:53 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Putin talks about the Ukrainian government killing it's own people, then openly supports a butcher like the dictator Assad in Syria who has murdered tens of thousands of his own people. The hypocrisy of the Russian government is appalling.
The west condemns Assad for killing his own citizens but endorses the Ukrainian government bombing its own people in eastern Ukraine. Looks like 2 sides of the same coin to me.

I wonder Albion, what kind of butter do you like on your bullchit, salted or unsalted?

It seems to me that the common people of this world are being lied too and that includes you as much as me and everyone else. If you believe the west is CORRECT in what it is doing in Ukraine and Russia is WRONG then you sir are doing the worst thing a thinking person can do. Lying to yourself.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Ukrainian army shelling Slovyansk systems of salvo fire "Grad":

Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The Majority of the Ukrainian people see their future in a free Europe not in a re hashed version of the disaster that was the soviet union.
Soviet Union revived only in your false media and your heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe