Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2014, 09:38 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
fellow countrymen on the other side of the Donbass border.
These "fellow countrymen" already quarrel with each other, it seems to me, and can't even allocate money.

Besides, how they "help" the population there? Most people want to work, not to participate in their bloody "computer games".

Quote:
one who in his own words "has a comfortable situation"
Well, you have even more comfortable situation: you are sittting in the other country and advise me, what to think about the politics of the country, where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 11:53 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Just happen to read a French newspaper headline : it says : "Insurgents in E Ukraine shoot down an airliner, 49 dead"!
So you see people how western medias lie : a military plane transport becomes a commercial airliner ! they don"t even say that the casualties are soldiers, so in the mind of the readers it can only be civilians!
As Josef Goebbels put it "repeat a lie a thousand times, it becomes a truth!" sickening!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:58 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Airliner = a plane used for transporting passengers or cargo.

The plane:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-76

The Ilyushin Il-76 (NATO reporting name: Candid) is a multi-purpose four-engine strategic airlifter designed by the Ilyushin design bureau. It was first planned as a commercial freighter in 1967, as a replacement for the Antonov An-12. It was designed for delivering heavy machinery to remote, poorly serviced areas of the USSR. Military versions of the Il-76 have seen widespread use in Europe, Asia and Africa, including use as an airborne refueling tanker or as a command center.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:12 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Just happen to read a French newspaper headline : it says : "Insurgents in E Ukraine shoot down an airliner, 49 dead"!
So you see people how western medias lie : a military plane transport becomes a commercial airliner ! they don"t even say that the casualties are soldiers, so in the mind of the readers it can only be civilians!
As Josef Goebbels put it "repeat a lie a thousand times, it becomes a truth!" sickening!
A lot of western media outlets correctly identified it as being a military aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Airliner = a plane used for transporting passengers or cargo.

The plane:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-76

The Ilyushin Il-76 (NATO reporting name: Candid) is a multi-purpose four-engine strategic airlifter designed by the Ilyushin design bureau. It was first planned as a commercial freighter in 1967, as a replacement for the Antonov An-12. It was designed for delivering heavy machinery to remote, poorly serviced areas of the USSR. Military versions of the Il-76 have seen widespread use in Europe, Asia and Africa, including use as an airborne refueling tanker or as a command center.
Airliner - "Although the definition of an airliner can vary from country to country, an airliner is typically defined as an aircraft intended for carrying multiple passengers or cargo in commercial service."

The term "airliner" is always used to denote civilian aircraft. This IL-76 that was shot down was not a civilian aircraft. Many, if not most media outlets correctly identified it correctly. Other media outlets felt it needed to spin the heading a little, as "shooting down an airliner" makes it look like an innocent civilian airliner was shot down.

The definition varies country to country, so in France the term "airliner" may apply to military aircraft as well.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:21 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Oh I understand following your views (from someone who in his own words "has a comfortable situation in Moscow")the President of Russia should , like Pontius Pilatus, wash his hands of the bloodshed in the Donbass and let his countrymen (yes the Ukraino -Russians of the Donbass are your countrymen Mister ) be slaughtered by Kiev's ragtag. I have an opposite opinion, I hope that he will by any means that will not anger the West too much , which would be conducive to (scandalous) economical sanction against the Russian people , help the population of Novoya Russia. And you should be ashamed as a Russian to have so little empathy with your fellow countrymen on the other side of the Donbass border.

I remember as Moscovite once has put it, "I have typical petite bourgeoisie mentality and I want to enjoy my comfortable life in Moscow" or something like that. Made me chuckle for a while, because it described rather well my own family left behind in Moscow. But then, again, there is a reason why the rest of Russia hates Moscow big time.
I can't relate to people of Donbass, but I can't relate to people of Rostov, people of Kuban ( Southern Russia) either. Most likely it's a "class" thing, but as long as these Russians are related to each other, being one region throughout history, as long the rest of Russians are ready to give them a hand, (no matter what slimy Putin says or does,) as long as they are ready to host children from Ukrainian war zone ( I know Pskov region took quite a few right away,) I'd say Russia should take a firm stand and to help people of Donbass.
I know it's a "blue color" region for the most part, I know many of "rebels" are simple folks with very "left" ideas ( that doesn't sit well with Moscovite I've noticed,) - I understand it all, and although I can't relate, but Kiev's inadequate government that relies on Ukrainian nationalists, ( although officially denouncing them) and serving American interests shouldn't be either trusted or supported as well.
Interestingly enough, Russians from Donbass ( as much as Eastern Ukrainians) have never been nationalists. If anything else, being traditionally of the "left" train of thought, they are the "internationalists" in their nature, but from what I see, they get a lot of attention from Russian nationalists now, starting from Zhirinovsky and down the line. And if Putin ( who tries to distance himself now from people of Donbass, in order to keep his pocket stuffed, while being dependent on Western financial system,) does not act accordingly, I can see the nationalists becoming a more prominent force in Russia, since the question of Eastern Ukraine brings a lot of support there and stirs a lot of emotions.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:57 PM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
I wonder, when in Ukraine will be the days of mourning for those killed junta civilians and not the military, performing clearly criminal orders of Ukrainian government? Meanwhile in Donetsk again something explodes, I sit and listen, afraid to leave sleep.
Are people so bling and can't see the truth? Nobody can explain why people from Donetsk and Lugansk regoins running away to Russia if russian terrorist really exist.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
So, the West accuses Russia of not securing the border enough to allow fighters and weapons through, and accuses Russia of even supplying these items. As with the Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, no proof is provided, or the proof is ambiguous and "take my word for it".

Anyway, back to the secure border; the West complains when Russia has troops on the border, then complains the border is not secure; how in the heck does anyone expect Russia to secure the border? The US could not even secure the Iraq-Syrian border and there were over 150k troops in Iraq, along with numerous intel support. The US obviously cannot even keep its own southern border secured.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:04 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, the West accuses Russia of not securing the border enough to allow fighters and weapons through, and accuses Russia of even supplying these items. As with the Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, no proof is provided, or the proof is ambiguous and "take my word for it".
The Kremlin has already admitted giving assistance to the separatists. I think it was last week.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:29 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
The Kremlin has already admitted giving assistance to the separatists. I think it was last week.

LOL , what did "the Kremlin" (palace) send ? cooks, butlers, limousines ? "the Kremlin"....what stupid expression

Old 06-15-2014, 01:47 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Quote:

LOL , what did "the Kremlin" (palace) send ? cooks, butlers, limousines ? "the Kremlin"....what stupid expression
Not familiar with that expression? The White House and Élysée are used in a similar way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe