Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times

Advertisements

Now Biden is in Kiev (after Nuland , Kerry and a score of others). Proof of the will of the US government to control Ukraine and integrate it into NATO. It is anything but normal bilateral relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden: The United States welcomes the changes taking place in Ukraine
(Russian language)
http://russian.rt.com/article/28831

How Russian see this:

Over Dollar give 11 hryvnia (under Yanukovych was stable 8)
Petrol 16 hryvnia (was 12)
Treasury is empty
Gold reserves of 15 billion (was 25)
Scythian gold taken out
Gas for the population is going up by 70%
Wage freeze and delay
Crimea sailed
South-East civil war
On the streets of banditry
In Parliament sit fascists, Baptists, Scientologists
More than 100 people were killed
The police did not inspire confidence
Berkut dispersed
Army starving and deserting
Media use propaganda

Now the question is whether it was necessary to overthrow Yanukovych. He was not a tyrant.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 AM

In general I think that the main problem is that 20 years ago the Soviet Union collapsed at nominal boundaries of the Republics, without considering the interests of the population living there. These problems will long haunt the Europe.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 AM

yes, I remember being schocked (the only one apparently) in 1991 at the dissolution of the USSR of the transformation of former stalinian administrative borders into international borders, with the benediction of the West. The same thing happened in Yugoslavia in spite of the resistance of Serbia up to 1999 and the bombings of NATO.
I guess the Powers that be didn't want to risk transfers of population as in the aftermath of WW2 if former internal borders were modified. I believe that it was a blunder however and that they should at least have tried.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,223 times
Quote:
These problems will long haunt the Europe.
Of course and arguably it's cause stems almost completely from the Russian side. They look to me to be angling for great position against that perceived threat to their west. It's their turn now for 'lebesnraum'. Russia now is exerting relentless pressure on the Ukraine. I think it's impossible for the latter country to exist as it is now without any interference from outside....and I'll say from 'both' the East and Western sides. This is simply turning out to be a astronomical problem where the gravitational pull of Russia and the West appears to be slowly ripping up Ukraine.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:15 AM

This is simply turning out to be a astronomical problem where the gravitational pull of Russia and the West appears to be slowly ripping up Ukraine.

Once again this wouldn't have happened if the West hadn't jumped in to dismantle the former USSR instead of moving more cautiously and progressively. Their big mistake was to enforce at all costs the borders created by the archenemies of the West, Stalin and Tito, sounds paradoxical to me!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,525 times
Ukraine’s Neo-Nazi Imperative

Exclusive: The mainstream U.S. news media is flooding the American people with one-sided propaganda on Ukraine, rewriting the narrative to leave out the key role of neo-Nazis and insisting on a “group think” that exceeds even the misguided consensus on Iraq’s WMD, reports Robert Parry.

Read: Ukraine’s Neo-Nazi Imperative | Consortiumnews

Last edited by Rozenn; 04-22-2014 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,301,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Of course and arguably it's cause stems almost completely from the Russian side. They look to me to be angling for great position against that perceived threat to their west. It's their turn now for 'lebesnraum'. Russia now is exerting relentless pressure on the Ukraine. I think it's impossible for the latter country to exist as it is now without any interference from outside....and I'll say from 'both' the East and Western sides. This is simply turning out to be a astronomical problem where the gravitational pull of Russia and the West appears to be slowly ripping up Ukraine.

First you say that the cause stems almost completely from the Russian side, then you mention the gravitational pull from both sides. You contradict yourself.

Comparing post-WWII borders to post-1992 borders, US/EU/IMF is clearly on the offensive and Russia is clearly on the defensive.

But, yes, I agree, I think it's impossible for Ukraine to exist as it is now without any interference from outside from both the eastern and western sides. This is simply turning out to be an astronomical problem where the gravitational pull of Russia and the West appears to be slowly ripping up Ukraine.

Two giant sucking sounds.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:13 AM

I wonder why the U.S. wanted to reconstruct a school in Sevastopol? For the children of officers of the fleet, which was supposed to be based there?

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM

And

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1

Interestingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe