Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 04:29 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Reported battles Slovyansk.
This attack has failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 04:47 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
This attack has failed.
Russian Internet rages. But there is little reliable information. There are rumors of a few killed in the Slovyansk and Russian military to the border in Ukraine.

Slovyansk: http://youtu.be/JOL_WABnOUY

Old 04-24-2014, 05:01 AM

And as always, Ukraine does not observe all arrangements.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:12 AM

ODKB severed ties with NATO.
If you don't know, ODKB consist of Armenia, Belarus, Russia, Tajikstan, Kazahstan and Kyrgyzia.

There is reports that BTR's drivers speak English.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:42 AM

By the way, Ukraine has never had the right to nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons were the Soviet Union and Russia, as its successor. Not Ukraine.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:34 AM

Fascist antirussian march in Kiev. These fascists shout: "Satanic Russia!", "Slaughter russians!". Did you recognize fascist symbol Wolfsangel on the yellow bandages?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDvbgwYZos

Old 04-24-2014, 09:48 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
So what's going on here? And who is the REAL aggressor here, who is striving for the world domination, who is the culprit ( yet again) of the growing world conflict? Is it Russia or is it the US?
You tell me please.

Well you probably know my position on this. Each has 'interests' we cannot doubt that at all. It is the nature of nation-states. Plenty of he-said she-said dialogue going 'around with some abject stupidity in characterizing some of the participants. But usually rhetoric runs away with the upper hand in thess kinds of emotional things. rationality gets thown to the winds.

But I cannot see the EU and the US as the REAL aggressor. Other who have perhaps a jaundiced eye at the EU and US will disagree. Fair enough. But Russia took Crimea by force remember that. The EU and US were simply bystanders. Russia was the first to throw the gauntlet down. The time was right.

So now we are simply seeing a belligerent nation flexing its muscle and rattling the cages so to speak in its neck of the
woods. Ukraine and all the states along the Russian borders can see with their own eyes what is occurring with the Russian military. Previous to that, due to treaty obligations, NATO has not added more troops to those countries. But you see Russian moves now make them question that strategy. Why? because apparently Dr. Putin, a singular man who wants to 'help' people, feels it's a good time to push the status quo. Another ratcheting up of tension and making the states nervous.

Dr. Putin's operation is now well in gear.We now await the next moves as the poisons spill out in the east and south of Ukraine. Additionally, I would hate to see the beautiful region of the Baltic coasts be desecrated by Russian tanks and troops sweeping over the land since govts there are concerned. Why is this occurring? Perhaps all in the name of 'freedom?' Now if Dr. Putin believes that right now Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are now a threat to the 'giant' off to their east I'd say he's lost the plot big time. How can the big 'bear' be afraid of 'cats?'

All in all I have to say it is incredible that Dr Putin is puling off 19th century antics in the 21st. Crazy.....like a fox.

So let's go on and continue the dialogue.......

Old 04-24-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
But I cannot see the EU and the US as the REAL aggressor. Other who have perhaps a jaundiced eye at the EU and US will disagree. Fair enough. But Russia took Crimea by force remember that. The EU and US were simply bystanders. Russia was the first to throw the gauntlet down. The time was right.
Can you explain how Russia threatens Europe or US? But we can see NATO is closer and closer to Russian borders. Russia was cornered and forced to act. That is not an agression, it's self protection.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,624,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditrix View Post
in what is happening in Ukraine blame only the United States. call for sanctions, that would at least like to keep the dollar + ambitions. they are rapidly losing against the backdrop of Beijing and Moscow. As concerns the Donbas, in the case of genocide southeastern regions. I think Russia will not tolerate this and will bring the troops that will prevent spillage of blood.
That is also not true, not true at all. Both sides are to blame for playing political games in Ukraine trying to gain political advantage there, but Russia is actually totally across the line, totally in the wrong for what they are doing. They went into a sovereign nation and took a section of it- that is far more than anyone else has done there. And now Russia is inciting chaos on the east of Ukraine as well, my guess is to be able to create a seemingly valid reason to invade there, too.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:06 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I am not surprised to hear it.
This fella from "Brighton Beach" doesn't make an impression of professional objective journalist - he has his own agenda. So the "terrorists" might be right feeling suspicious about him and detaining him.
The last I've heard they want to exchange him for Pavel Gubarev - one of their leaders arrested by Kiev.

Pavel Gubarev - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe