Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 09:33 AM

84 posts, read 87,587 times

Advertisements

Возобновлени µ работы Ð¿Ñ€Ð°Ð²Ð¾Ð¾Ñ…Ñ€Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ½Ñ‹Ñ… органов - YouTube

Meeting in Slavjansk (East Ukraine) 14 April 2014.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_from_europe View Post
Today president Putin made a speech. He said that Eastern and Southern Ukraine ninety years ago were belonged to Russia and it was wrong to join them to Ukraine in 1920s. And he dropped a hint that Ukraine will disintegrate like Yugoslavia: "Politics of section, stripping, weakening both sides of whole nation continues. Someone is afraid of our power. Look at Yugoslavia and what they did with it. Apparently, they wants to do the same with us. If you look at what is happening, you will answer the question who achieves that".
And what? Get over it. It doesn't belong to Russia anymore.

And no one is afraid of Russia love. Russia is making a fool of itself by trying to attempt big power jumping activities in the 21st century. Aw well I don't really care and quite frankly I am glad Russia is thousands of miles away from me..

Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
And what?
That means that South-East of Ukraine is still culturally and ethnically very much Russian, and hence the current conflict between the South-East and Western part of Ukraine ( that has been under Poland, Austro-Hungarian Empire and what's not,) is very real. That's "what."

Old 04-17-2014, 10:38 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Putin has long indicated that he believes Ukraine to be a "make believe country" that is really a part of Russia. He has been saying this for years now.

That being said if a province of Ukraine votes in a free and fair referendum supervised by the international community to join Russia then so be it. But we cannot have any more sham referendums rigged by bringing in busloads of Russians across the border.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:00 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
erasure
By "changing their citizenship" I mean to be annexed. It seems to me that in Kharkiv people don't like this idea. Mostly in the small cities of Donetsk district. So, there are such people, but how many, I'm not sure.
Don't forget that Kharkov has been governed lately by a couple of Jewish guys (Kernes and Dobkin,) who were pursuing their own interests and policies, quite successfully before the latest events in Kiev, and who seem to be pursuing them still. So Kharkov of course is not the same as Donetsk, particularly if you take in consideration that Donetsk is historically the city of miners, the "blue color" kind of mentality, while Kharkov is not.
But at the end, Kharkov will be forced to take sides as well.

Quote:
I'm not sure that the MP, you often mention, have a real power in the region. And people who have power there may have other ideas.
Tsarev is a very controversial figure in a way, since he always has been in "Russian vector" party or whatever it has been called, and the basis of his beliefs was first of all economy of the region directly dependent on Russia I believe. Hence he is something of a "red flag for a bull," speaking of Kiev's crowd and the Right Sector of course. So on one hand he couldn't have been greatly known ( or popular) in Eastern Ukraine comparably to say Dobkin or Kernes, however what will come out of him as politician under the current circumstances remains to be seen. To me at this point at least, he embodies the "blue color" mentality of Donetsk region - much more so than Dobkin or anyone else. And that's why he is hated by his opponents and admired by his supporters with nothing in-between.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
We had a huge 17-member Russia debate on Tuesday on the national television and it took 15 minutes before someone mentioned the Pravy Sektor and Stepan Bandera. Then some insults both ways like "You serve the US" and "You serve Russia", and some Balt f**k dared to enter the studio with the St. George's ribbon.

Classic debate, never lolled this much. BTW, the quality of the discussion is better here.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 PM

235 posts, read 211,312 times
18+ The faint-hearted not to look

http://vk.com/video148933070_168131167

Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
That means that South-East of Ukraine is still culturally and ethnically very much Russian, and hence the current conflict between the South-East and Western part of Ukraine ( that has been under Poland, Austro-Hungarian Empire and what's not,) is very real. That's "what."
For sure. So just to put things together, Russia's got the Crimea and protected the 'Russians'. Maybe some bets on the East and South going over too?????? Not sure they'd do it off the cuff but rather let things play out. The Crimean episode worked very well for Mr. Putin. I wonder if he was surprised it was so easy.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:49 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Putin has long indicated that he believes Ukraine to be a "make believe country" that is really a part of Russia. He has been saying this for years now.

That being said if a province of Ukraine votes in a free and fair referendum supervised by the international community to join Russia then so be it. But we cannot have any more sham referendums rigged by bringing in busloads of Russians across the border.
You need to become familiar with the history of Russia and Ukraine, then you will not come these absurd statements in the head.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
For sure. So just to put things together, Russia's got the Crimea and protected the 'Russians'. Maybe some bets on the East and South going over too?????? Not sure they'd do it off the cuff but rather let things play out. The Crimean episode worked very well for Mr. Putin. I wonder if he was surprised it was so easy.
This has nothing to do with reality. Crimea first join, just for the reason that people want to avoid the mayhem of Crimea in their homeland. What is happening in the East today. Second Why do you pay Ukraine for Russian base in Crimea 11.4 billion $ advance? This board until 2017 inclusive. The second I saw no single Russian representative government on the Maidan. But, I saw dozens of American and European.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe