Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You have to love the media: Ukraine crisis: Militants, army face off in Kramatorsk, Slaviansk - CNN.com

Notice now they are not "protesters" but "militants"; love the word play the media uses (as well as governments including the US, Ukraine, and Russia.)

Replace the word(s) "Ukrainian gov/army" with "Yanukovich"; people in the West would be going nuts if Yanukovich was using jets, helicopters, and the army to quell "protesters". However, it is alright if it is a western favored government conducting these actions. Like when Saudi Arabia sent 1000 troops into Bahrain to put down protesters, not a word from the US.
well said, especially the last sentence.
the west/US cares about democracy and freedom in other countries? What a joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Doesn't look good at all. The authorities in the Donetsk region are immobilized or have defected to the pro Russian side. In Kiev people have protested outside the Rada for two days demanding action, but nothing happens. The cleptocracy or roistokratia just revels in its impotence.

So sad. All the efforts and 100 deaths of the Maidanists... for nothing. I want my 10€ back which I donated for the cause.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Doesn't look good at all. The authorities in the Donetsk region are immobilized or have defected to the pro Russian side. In Kiev people have protested outside the Rada for two days demanding action, but nothing happens. The cleptocracy or roistokratia just revels in its impotence.

So sad. All the efforts and 100 deaths of the Maidanists... for nothing. I want my 10€ back which I donated for the cause.
Maidan's people now is beating each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlB37pr4_rc
And yes, they demand action but they do not want to fight themselves because they are cowards and capable just to kill unprotected Berkut.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:39 PM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times
As far as I understand some protesters are not just some young brawlers. There are even middle-aged people, who never protested before, but who are angry that their business doesnt't work since winter, thanks to all these protests in Kiev, or who are afraid that they won't be in need in Europe, because their business connected with our country and only with it. They have never thought about Europe and are interested only in their small business.

Perhaps, they are wrong. Or right. But nobody explained to them what to do. They have never thought about Europe.

So, the situation is complex.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:14 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
Perhaps, they are wrong. Or right. But nobody explained to them what to do. They have never thought about Europe
Perhaps and I think the 'fear' of the unknown seems to propel everything to chaos. It would seem there is great business potential to the West but much would have to be done to orient Ukraine to that approach. Alot of time, energy and willpower in effort would have to be allocated. But we can see the extent of the that fear among the various populations by geography. Seeing Ukraine supposedly going 'west' surely kills them but I'd think in the trade of nations it's perfectly natural. Russia doesn't have to feel threatened. It seems Mr. Putin's need to be economically 'paternalistic' toward Ukraine can indeed hurt future Ukrainian prosperity. At this point he is not affoding the country that right to choose if that is the path they'd like to use.

Right now we haven't see anything whatsover on a 'settling' of immediate tensions. Not a good sign. If Clint Eastwood came in on this 'town' even he would be over-matched in this claim for territory in the Ukrainain 'high-ground'. He'd call in the Wild Bunch...;-)...

Old 04-16-2014, 02:36 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwet View Post
I'm from Ukraine. And here I'm not typing this post, I'm CRYING IT to you! Do you hear me? Kiev does not rule Ukraine now! The nazi Right Sector does! It is the right sector and its radical nationalistic youths are now in East with that openly punitive and subversive war! It is the right sector who is provoking civil war in Ukraine! Legal "anti-terrorist" operation being initiated in Kiev? Lie! Ukrainian army officers refuse to carry out orders from Kiev, as nobody of them are going to use force against women and children that are Ukrainian civilians first of all! Those low coward attacks on people in East are the dirty doing of right sector only! It is simply impossible to stop fascist crisis in Ukraine while the right sector is well and acts all over Ukraine far out of control!!
What are you crying for?
Pravy Sector is like 000.00005% of the total Ukrainian population. So they are irrelevant.
IT'S ON THE FACT SHEET.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
erasure, I never claimed that the new government would be an uncorrpted and righteous one. I also would never claim that the Ukrainian goverment would be any better than the poisoner's previous.

So fuc^ing sad for the Ukrainian people and all those efforts and 100 dead.

Hope there will be an Euromaidan II and the Russki-dhimmi will be thrown back to Asia.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,142,460 times
They had 4 experts on National Public Radio today talking the usual American rhetoric about Ukraine and Russia. They were labeling the Eastern Ukrainian protesters as terrorist militant separatists and Yanukovych as a discredited leader guilty of ordering the shooting deaths of 90 Kiev protesters. When they started taking calls the listeners who called wasn't buying the rhetoric and wasn't bringing up facts such as the leaked conversation between the Estonian foreign minister and the EU foreign minister about the protesters and policeman were killed by the same snipers and the Yanukovych government was most likely not responsible for these deaths and how Russia had legitimate grievances about U.S. government involvement in the internal affairs of Ukraine. I guess ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, NPR, etc repeating the U.S. government's talking points about Ukraine seems to be not working as well as they thought.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:29 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
So much for those "anti-terrorists" operations, fizzled out rather quickly.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
erasure, I never claimed that the new government would be an uncorrupted and righteous one.
Well no, but you've notified us of a fact that the Right Sector has been disarmed last week-end and packed back home on some bus. So as we were having a collective sigh of relief here, taking your word that Right Sector is relevant no more, that person in Kiev apparently didn't get your memo and came here crying about the very Right Sector ruling Ukraine instead of Kiev's government.
How could this be???? THE RIGHT SECTOR IS ON THE BUS, ON THE WAY HOME, TO THE CROWN OF THE KINGDOM OF POLAND, HAPSBURG KINGDOM of GALICIA AND LODOMERIA ( at least that's what the short inquire on Lemberg is telling me.)

Quote:
I also would never claim that the Ukrainian goverment would be any better than the poisoner's previous.
Then what did you pay your hard-earned 10€ for? To provide someone with hot breakfast in the morning?
You know Putin wouldn't not sweat over it.

Quote:
So fuc^ing sad for the Ukrainian people and all those efforts and 100 dead.
So what did you think could come out of it? Did you honestly think that EU had the best interests of Ukrainians in mind? Seriously?

Quote:
Hope there will be an Euromaidan II and the Russki-dhimmi will be thrown back to Asia.
The Asians will not like your idea me thinks))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe