Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansIsland View Post
Typical Russian false flag nonsense... I hope Ukraine succeeds in this struggle.

Prepared by Russia.....one of the world's foremost violators of Human Rights....
Relative to the world, Russia has a great human rights record, much better than the US's great friends Saudi Arabia and China.

Last edited by boxus; 05-06-2014 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 10:03 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
By the way, yesterday appeared video in internet where a masked man says about Chechens in Ukraine. I think it's a hoax. Of course, in the Ukraine may be Chechens, Ossetians and other Caucasians, but in very small quantities. Chechens do not hide the face and say with a Caucasian accent:

Spoiler

On the first video man with a beard!

This recording soldiers battalion "Vostok" ("Vostok" battalion - a battalion 291st Motorized Rifle Regiment 42th Guards Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation). This battalion has an interesting history. Formed in 2003 from the militants who were in the Guard self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria and sided with the Russian federal forces. Soldiers of the Battalion took part in Chechen war, a set of anti-terrorist operations, conflicts in Libya and Georgia.

Battalion disbanded in 2008 after the conflict in Borozdinovskaya village. After the murder in the village forester, who was the father of one of the soldiers of the battalion, about hundreds of fighters battalion attacked the village using heavy equipment. Was burned several homes, one person was killed and eleven missing (they were killed or sold into slavery, which still exist in remote villages of the Caucasus). Detachment commander was arrested after the attack.

For these people the war is not a job. For them the war is a life.
In August 2008, Georgians throwing new weapons and well-fortified positions, when they learned that will fight against these fighters. Even Russian treat them with caution and respect.

I think that we will not miss their appearance in Ukraine. The number of victims by the Ukrainian army will increase by tens, hundreds, and possibly thousands of times. For example, they can capture the "Grad" and other heavy artillery and attack the Ukrainian position.

But more likely, they do not will appear in the Ukraine.
Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specia...stok_and_Zapad

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-06-2014 at 10:24 PM..

Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, if that was so, then Russia would have proclaimed this with Georgia, but they did not.

What makes the "fascists" accusations come are all of the swastika type symbols sprawling up everywhere.
Unfortunately it's more than just sprawling swastika type symbols. I don't watch Russian TV, but I've just listened to this new witness -she was in that building in Odessa during the fire. I don't know what to say any longer after listening to her. I mean what do you say when you hear about people being gassed, about men being separated from women, men being shot at a spot or beaten to death, people being dragged to the basement of the building and so on.
I mean the basement has been sealed off during the inspection - that's a known fact, and now the officials in Ukraine are acknowledging that at least fifty more people are unaccounted for (there might be more, according to the number of the dead in the near-by morgue (I am trying to piece different sources together)

This journalist is asking her questions, and she is answering to the best of her knowledge, so although she cant answer all the questions, obviously, the bottom line is clear, even though I still don't quite understand exactly what saved her. (Well you can listen yourself, it's quite consistent with what others were saying too, but she is giving much more details.)

Как убивали людей в доме профсоюзов - YouTube

I mean you can fight for unification of the country of course, but when you choose the methods of terror towards the unsubmissive population, it's the end of it - Russia or not.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
As for Ukraine: I don't think there's any doubt that all this process, that's happenning in Ukrainian south-east, is Russian conspiracy.
Where is the proof?

For example, I think, in all events to blame the U.S., because they recognized the new government and participated in the protest movements in Kiev. In addition, the U.S. is beneficial tensions between Europe and Russia: they will sell gas to Europe higher prices, will have large military budgets, will force Ukraine into debt and will put military bases there. But without proof it's just a guess.

And that Russia gets in a conflict in Ukraine? Sanctions, the negative image, war of 100 km from the border.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-07-2014 at 01:49 AM..

Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Relative to the world, Russia has a great human rights record, much better than the US's great friends Saudi Arabia and China.
To be honest, Russia's human rights record isn't much better than China's. And that's already quite telling...

Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Russia, with the great human rights track record, enforced serfdom until 1861.

... Not that for example Austria was much better in this sense.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
The Pro-Russians aren't either really good on using secure lines. SBU leaked tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J18RziLIl30

Barkashov is the leader of the... fascist National Unity Party in Russia, and as you can see they have a swastika in their emblem.
Oh right, they are third position, not fascist. Only Estonians, Latvians, Germans, Hungarians and Italians can be fascists. And Kiev.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The Pro-Russians aren't either really good on using secure lines. SBU leaked tape:
During the evening I do a dozen such leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Barkashov is the leader of the... fascist National Unity Party in Russia, and as you can see they have a swastika in their emblem.
Russian have long forgotten about the National Unity Party (Russian "РНЕ"), as well as about "Society Memory" (Russian "Общество Память"). It is a relic of the 90s. Although maybe now they also have some support, I do not know.

Barkashov name I had to score in Google, because I did not know who he is.

And they do not use the swastika, they use Kolovrat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolovr...mbol%29#Slavic).

Old 05-07-2014, 08:37 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
boxus..I think you erred on this one real real real bad. I'd think there must be something in the Russian psyche which drives them to oppression when they believe they are furiously in the right. We've seen it egregriously done in the 20th both in their own country among their own people and in Eastern Europe populations.

I think the historical actions of the Russians has subjected Central and Eastern Europe to not only a physical but more importantly a psychological devastation among those who lived during those bad times and their succeeding generations that still reverberates in the area to this day. Has it been helped? I'd say...no.

From the looks of it, it is an area of silent and vocal hatreds, envy and revenge mixed in with autocracy and corruption. The past I'm afraid hovers over the land like a wraith swallowing up everything. Russia I think did incalculable damage to its country, other countries and to its public relations. A writer I came acrosos wondered why the Latvians hate the Russians, the Poles, the Estonians, the Hungarians. Apparently, Russia seems to have a penchant for not making 'friends'. She just sucks up hatred. I think her behavior brings it on. She wouldn't know what 'rights' are if it hit her in the face.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 AM

84 posts, read 87,543 times
Default One post from an Ukranian forum

«I'm from the Donbass and here are many normal thinking people those hate separatists. And believe me, they are becoming every day more. Separatists...these morons aren't able to think: after they came banks and ATMs have closed, and people now can't receive pensions and salaries. The networks do not deliver food and goods for fear of looting. Trains, planes, buses, etc. are canceled. Another couple of weeks, may be a month and separatists will be lifted with the fork. They came to our village Volnovakha yesterday and nobody supported them. None came to meet them, and they were sent to d*** in the town council. These morons were disappointed and wrote on the pavement "You are cowards" and left. I needn't even to take my gun Saiga. Ukrainian flags fly over all the buildings proudly today.We won't surrender them Volnovakha!»
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe