Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 12:50 PM

29 posts, read 38,266 times

Advertisements

Typical Russian false flag nonsense... I hope Ukraine succeeds in this struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
WHITE BOOK ON VIOLATIONS OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND THE RULE OF LAW IN UKRAINE (NOVEMBER 2013 — MARCH 2014)

https://vk.com/doc1786874_295491526?...560dc26ae9b37d
Prepared by Russia.....one of the world's foremost violators of Human Rights....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 01:01 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He is giving the reason - the civil population that they are trying to avoid bombing.
Good reason ( at least officially) particularly after that "fire" in Odessa.
I already put the word "fire" in quotes, because as I see now, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine has confirmed the information of the journalists that about 50 people are "unaccounted for," "missing" after that fire.
80 are still in hospitals, 26 of them - in serious/critical condition.
Someone HAS to make investigation into what really took place there.
Interestingly, the police stood by and did not intervene. Someone gave them the order not to interfere. I think that the investigation will be only after the overthrow of Kiev government. When the current leaders will appear before the International Criminal Court. It was a massacre.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Quote:
Other than that - I don't see any problems with the rest of Ukraine going its own way and trying their luck with EU ( or whatever this "alignment" with EU can offer them.)
In the context of having the two states or any others who want to throw their lot in with Russia, I think more and more
as this fractious conflict goes on I'd say having Ukraine 'going its own way' is as futile as putting perfume on a mountain goat regardless of so-called 'federalization' as a possible solution, erasure. In my view, even the 'dismemberment' of Ukraine will not give her peace. Unfortunately, she's like a rat caught in a trap.

I think books will be coming out soon on Ukrainain/Russian cultural identity fairly soon if not already. Most probably real hard now being a 'Russian' in Ukraine. No doubt even a Ukrainian in Ukraine. And what does it mean to be a Ukrainain in Russia now? Wars have a nasty habit of divorcing people from their land and identities. It's a mess.

And I'm just wondering myself whether this conflict we are seeing now in the 21st was a fait accompli considering what happened in WWII and post-war in the two countries. Perhaps Kiev and Mr. Putin have scratched the itch too much this time around. The rash now bites real bad.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 PM

29 posts, read 38,266 times
If you want Ukraine to be united you're a fascist according to the Russian media. Greatly overstating the influence of Right Sector.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 PM

84 posts, read 87,529 times
Default Pilots of helicopters crashed at Slavjansk

Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansIsland View Post
If you want Ukraine to be united you're a fascist according to the Russian media. Greatly overstating the influence of Right Sector.
Russian logic is simple:
In WWII Russia fought against who? - Fascists
If you are against Russia - Fascist!

Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 PM

152 posts, read 260,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Russian logic is simple:
This is the attitude we get from Russians all the time here in Latvia. We are fascists by default. Although I haven't seen more racist, homophobe and hateful nation than Russians.

As for Ukraine: I don't think there's any doubt that all this process, that's happenning in Ukrainian south-east, is Russian conspiracy.
And in my opinion, all men who have guns in their hands and who are opposing Ukranian army, are legally allowed to be killed. Donbass is still Ukrainian territory! I wonder what would happen if some crazy people would declare their republics in some Russian cities... What is your guess - what would be their life expectancy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFmEV1SvzHI

Last edited by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang; 05-06-2014 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Russian logic is simple:
No, if that was so, then Russia would have proclaimed this with Georgia, but they did not.

What makes the "fascists" accusations come are all of the swastika type symbols sprawling up everywhere.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
This is the attitude we get from Russians all the time here in Latvia. We are fascists by default. Although I haven't seen more racist, homophobe and hateful nation than Russians.

As for Ukraine: I don't think there's any doubt that all this process, that's happenning in Ukrainian south-east, is Russian conspiracy.
And in my opinion, all men who have guns in their hands and who are opposing Ukranian army, are legally allowed to be killed. Donbass is still Ukrainian territory! I wonder what would happen if some crazy people would declare their republics in some Russian cities... What is your guess - what would be their life expectancy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFmEV1SvzHI
Of course, people like you automatically declare Russians second class citizens; you refuse to accept they are part of Latvia, and will forever keep that wall between both groups.

And you may think there is some Russian conspiracy in Ukraine, however, if everyone was so into the new gov, there would be no issues at all to begin with. I guess it is still difficult for you to understand that people will react negatively to the president they elected getting ousted in a coup; I do not see what is so darn difficult for you to understand about this. How would you like it if the Russians in your country ousted your president? Probably would react hostile to that, right?

And go figure you are all for the people opposing the army to be killed, you were earlier crying on here how the gov shot at the Maiden protesters, now you are all for sending the army to kill people opposing AN UN-ELECTED GOVERNMENT.

Ukraine is a failed state; two revolts and is near bankruptcy. East Ukraine is much wealthier and more productive than the west, and E. Ukraine is sick and tired of W. Ukraine overthrowing gov after gov, because W. Ukraine can never field a candidate that will win an election' at what point do people continue to stick together? Do you think the USSR should have stayed together? Yugoslavia? Serbia? India? What is the line you think countries should stay together or break apart? Or how about acknowledging how the borders of Ukraine were even formed and how that should be factored in? But you will not answer this, you are obtuse and only know how to parrot "Russia bad! Russia bad!"

Old 05-06-2014, 09:14 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansIsland View Post
Tell this to the people in Odessa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe