Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 07:52 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlk9mX76TtQ#t=137
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 AM

Inhabitants of Kramatorsk are greeting "liberators" "with love".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ-g1pA2PXQ

Old 05-03-2014, 08:01 AM

10 civilians were killed and 40 were wounded after ukrainian soldiers opened fire on them in Andreevka.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:24 AM

Odessa. After the hell. Relatives of dead people are here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU5eNNy3olI#t=13

Old 05-03-2014, 09:13 AM

Kramatorsk. These young man told about girl-medic that was killed by fire of the BTR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEUL9_jajNY

Old 05-03-2014, 10:20 AM

152 posts, read 260,786 times
I wonder, what would be life expectancy of rebels who would try to take over some cities in Russia.
And proclamating, say, "Republic of Kazan".

Old 05-03-2014, 10:24 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
I was wondering; is it possible to swing the thread back to the topic? The future of Ukraine.

Has anyone's predictions at the start of the thread been shown true?

I still am under the opinion that these people taking up arms and fighting are fools; they are going to hurt/kill each other while the billionaires and power mongers kick it back in their ivory towers. I have no idea why these people feel to do the bidding for others like this, on both sides; they need to get together and through the Kiev gov out, all of them, the oligarchs and political power mongers. But of course new ones will fill the void quickly, it is like that area of the world just cannot escape this type of leadership.

But heck, even in the US, we are looking at potentially two families running things for year after year (Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush potentially running for President), and we have elected officials that have spent decades in office; it is like it is human nature to have sort of monarchy type establishment.

Point is; people on both sides are cannon fodder (except for the extremist on each side, ideological BS), they are going to be the ones injured/killed and for what? For the Putins, Yanukovichs, and Tymoshenkos sitting there, getting rich, gaining power, out of harms way?

Old 05-03-2014, 10:33 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
We want to live!
Atai...I agree! But you are looking at one side with your videos. Normally I do not look at videos but I was impressed after I saw one where a journalist went around near the eastern and southern areas of Ukriane and just interviewed ordinary people about the situation they were experiencing. Consensus appeared that it didn't matter which 'side' Ukrainians' or 'Russians' were on but what was uppermost on their mind was SOCIAL ORDER which apparently has eroded around them. They cannot live their lives now without the interference of bloodshed or propaganda....from both 'sides'. I lament their situation.

So I am hoping but nervously that the May 25th elections in Ukriane will go on as planned without violence.
Unfortunately, I am not too confident of that. If it is in Ukraine's interest to take control of its government and better deal with the destabilization of its country we have already seen that from previous events what is ostensibly Ukraine's 'interest' along that line is apparently not in Mr. Putin's. He, of course, doesn't want to see a viable and functioning state at this time. And we can see that again as his ertswhile 'advance guard' is now fiddling around in Odessa formerly a quiet sector and. Hey come to think of it does that perhaps relate to the Russian Black Sea fleet moving around?

Old 05-03-2014, 10:36 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
I wonder, what would be life expectancy of rebels who would try to take over some cities in Russia.
And proclamating, say, "Republic of Kazan".
Very short, your point?

The difference is; Yanukovich was a fairly elected president, in which was overthrown by a group in which their leader was not elected, thus used force to install into power someone they wanted. This is the equivalent if the TEA Party overthrew Obama and installed someone they wanted, what do you think the result would be?

The new Kiev gov is not elected, they do nor represent anyone because they were not elected. People who are protesting against this non-elected gov is being met with violence from the new gov. However, the protesters are being labeled "terrorists" or "rebels" by the new gov, while the new gov always labeled themselves as "protesters". Interesting, protesting and overthrowing an elected president they are simple "protesters"; protesting an unelected government they are called "terrorists". The former regime killing a few protesters after protesters attacked and occupied gov buildings is labeled an "atrocity". The new regime using the military against civilians (excuse me "terrorists) are labeled as "maintaining control and carrying out anti-terror operations".

You see, an elected government is a legitimate gov, in case you forgot, Yanukovich even gained votes of many ethnic Ukrainians as economic interests are important. However, the new gov is not elected, thus are not the legitimate gov in many people's views, especially of those who voted for Yanukovich.

As far as your post; what would the life expectancy be of rebels who wanted to overthrow the US gov? Would the US gov not fire upon protesters attempting to oust the US president?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:51 AM

102 posts, read 106,125 times
This topic named "the future of Ukraine". After watching the movie about yesterday events in Odessa, may i ask my european friends, you want to accept Ukraine to EU? Do you want to give visa access for our youth to your countries?

ТА Одесса 20140502 203940 - YouTube

People who had not been burnt but they were beaten by fascists after. At the end the winners sang the Gimn of Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe