Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 01:23 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times

Advertisements

The west doesn't need a conflict to damage Russia, Putin is doing a pretty good job of that already. If Russia invades the Ukraine the sanctions will come raining down. Russia's economy is a basket case already, so do they really have the balls for an invasion? I think not.

Out of this mess one thing has become clear, Russia cannot be trusted. After Angela Merkel met Putin she told President Obama that "Putin is living on another planet" That remark came as no surprise to everyone, except the Russians of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 05:55 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Not sure about what you're saying Selena but I think the eastern Ukrainians simply wanted more autonomy not total independence. The concept of Novorussia was something more of an idea put forth by the people with the guns, from what I understand. The common people have not been adequately addressed in this matter.

I still think the people should be consulted and presented with referendum with options (as an example, separation or federalization) and a vote should be held. Nothing should be imposed on them by the east or the west in any form. Barring that if I were Putin I would carry out no less than an invasion of the eastern Ukraine with a military border BEYOND the Dneiper river as the west (specifically America) desires nothing less than conflict. It's best to put as much distance between Russia and them at any cost.
Right, first we wanted just more authonomy and didn't even think about separating from Ukraine. Instead we were called russian occupants. Some members of parliament, like Irina Farion encouraged "conscious ukraians" to shoot "occupants" and told it right in the Parliament, which has a lot of evidences. After this we started to think about independence and referendum, we are normal people here and not going to suffer the humiliation of those people who not only know what they say, but live at the expense of our regions at the same time. After all this was referendum, to decide what do we want- independence or stay in Ukraine. The vast majority of those who came to the referendum voted for independence. We're just tired from attempts to Ukrainianise us. We have different characters and different story, they glorify the Nazis, we have the 9th of May as one of the major holidays, they believe that Russian are enemies, we still believe that one day our people will again be fraternal nations, they want the European Union and we want to stay with our brothers with whom several decades were in the USSR (I'm not talking about the restoration of the Soviet Union, but between our countries are still strong ties). And we don't want they forced us to speak Ukrainian, as I have told already most people here can't speak and understand Ukrainian.

Last edited by Selena822; 07-11-2014 at 07:22 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I can see your point of view. I've been to Russia, Belarus, Poland and Ukraine many times over the years both for work and pleasure. I know people have different views of things and I have seen some of the hostility directed towards ethnic Russians. Using the Russian language has gotten even me dirty looks in places such as Rivna.

The biggest problem I have seen here in the west is the almost total ignorance of your part of the world in all respects. Ignorance begets fear, fear begets hatred, hatred begets violence. Considering your history I think that you have reason to keep one eye on the people across the river. The likes of Farion will gladly use the radicals there for their own ends just as the Nazis did.

A question. What do you see in the future concerning the industry of eastern Ukraine?

Old 07-11-2014, 09:01 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
"A rocket strike in the east Ukrainian region of Luhansk has killed at least 19 soldiers, Ukrainian officials say, blaming it on separatist rebels.
They said rebels had fired a barrage of Grad rockets at troops in Zelenopillya, a village near the Russian border.
The pro-Russian rebels say they "destroyed a column" of troops there.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko vowed retaliation, saying: "For every soldier's life, the militants will pay with tens and hundreds of their own."

BBC News - Ukraine conflict: Many soldiers dead in 'rocket strike'

Hmmm... where have I heard that before?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I can see your point of view. I've been to Russia, Belarus, Poland and Ukraine many times over the years both for work and pleasure. I know people have different views of things and I have seen some of the hostility directed towards ethnic Russians. Using the Russian language has gotten even me dirty looks in places such as Rivna.

The biggest problem I have seen here in the west is the almost total ignorance of your part of the world in all respects. Ignorance begets fear, fear begets hatred, hatred begets violence. Considering your history I think that you have reason to keep one eye on the people across the river. The likes of Farion will gladly use the radicals there for their own ends just as the Nazis did.

A question. What do you see in the future concerning the industry of eastern Ukraine?
We have developed metallurgical and energy field, coal, gas, manganese. We will not have to starve. We hope only for themselves, it is clear that Putin is not in hurry to take us back to Russia so happens nationalization of enterprises, changing laws. What will be further I don't know, but our government has experiences consultants and potenial of our areas is very good, it is not true that we are living on subsidies from Ukrainian government

Old 07-11-2014, 02:44 PM

121 posts, read 388,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The west doesn't need a conflict to damage Russia, Putin is doing a pretty good job of that already. If Russia invades the Ukraine the sanctions will come raining down. Russia's economy is a basket case already, so do they really have the balls for an invasion? I think not.

Out of this mess one thing has become clear, Russia cannot be trusted. After Angela Merkel met Putin she told President Obama that "Putin is living on another planet" That remark came as no surprise to everyone, except the Russians of course.
Hahahahaha.

Germany is the first economic partner of Russia in Europe. Sanctions against Russia will only harm German and European economies, while the Ruskies would still find a way to sell their raw resources to China, Korea and Japan.

Obama and rest of western retard leaders have sold Iraq to Islamic terrorists. It's better for them to keep their hands off of Ukraine and stop annoying the Russian bear.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 PM

566 posts, read 503,730 times
If my kids were forced to learn at school that Fascists and murderers like Stepan Bandera were in fact heroes, I would pull my kids out of that school.

That is what's happening in the new Ukraine, as well as Latvia, Lithuania; fascists are glorified, the Red Army did not free anyone in WWII but instead occupied those nations; everyone is bad but the murderers of men, women, and children in the camps(who are heroes). Hooray for the Ukrainian nationalists, right sector, and Bandera worshippers... is their new chants and slogans

Yes, I do hope the Russians beat back the Ukrainians ASAP, despite the sanctions, and let Donetsk and the entire Russian speaking East join Russia.

Ukraine.
What is that country anyway? Is it even a country or a collection of regions, ethnic groups, languages, religions, etc.?

Old 07-11-2014, 09:26 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,380 times
A surprisingly truthful article by an american reporter :
The Silence of American Hawks About Kiev
I guess it is just the beginning. Sooner or later this mean informative war of the western corporate media against Russia will be eventually lost.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,458,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
If my kids were forced to learn at school that Fascists and murderers like Stepan Bandera were in fact heroes, I would pull my kids out of that school.
That is what's happening in the new Ukraine, as well as Latvia, Lithuania; fascists are glorified, the Red Army did not free anyone in WWII but instead occupied those nations; everyone is bad but the murderers of men, women, and children in the camps(who are heroes). Hooray for the Ukrainian nationalists, right sector, and Bandera worshippers... is their new chants and slogans
Yes, I do hope the Russians beat back the Ukrainians ASAP, despite the sanctions, and let Donetsk and the entire Russian speaking East join Russia.
Ukraine.
What is that country anyway? Is it even a country or a collection of regions, ethnic groups, languages, religions, etc.?
You are right. Judging by your words, it is clearly that people in the USA start understanding what occurs in Ukraine in reality.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Motorola got married.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xw6yMBaGec

Classy wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe