Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Yesterday and today are very fierce fighting.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 07:12 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Russia's Top 80 Lies About Ukraine

As spread by Putin's trolls (paid and otherwise) here, there, and everywhere. And eagerly lapped up by clueless naïve Westerners who are desperate for something to validate their anti-Western -- and especially anti-U.S. and MOST especially anti-Obama worldviews.
Are there something more serious? Not based on screenshots from networks? One Russian journalist even promissed a bounty if will be evidences of such lies based on information from state channels or newspapers, it is your chance

Old 07-14-2014, 07:53 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: 'Yesterday and today are very fierce fighting'

I will ask can't Mr. Putin go on Rossiya tv and speak up to argue that ' TombstoneTerritory' should get a respite from the violence. That fellow what's his name...'Strelkov' looks like he's a loose cannon. The name he has is kind of interesting by the way. Watch Dr Zhivago. You will be introduced to 'Strelnikov' who said on the Revolution...' the personal life is dead in Russia.' Life imitates art now in Donetsk etc etc. Strelkov is on mission.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:49 AM

152 posts, read 260,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes it's sad to watch what's happening there and I don't see any "happy resolution" so far.
At first I'll add that it is probably pointless to give "arguments" all the time to prove that 'x' are the good guys and 'y' are the bad ones. And 'x' are there for the right cause and 'y' for the wrong cause. I think there aren't so much people that have accurate information.

About "happy resolution".
I see at least three possible ways how this process can develop.

1) Russia continues to give limited support to rebels. War can continue endlessly. Because we see that Ukraine kicks back.

2) Russia invades Ukraine, kicks their butts, destroys their army, probably many people dead because, as I already said, Ukraine kicks back. They won't capitulate just like that. Arranges "free and fair" referendums and elections after the mission is done.

3) Putin makes a call to Poroshenko and Girkin(or whoever is in charge). He organizes cease fire and disarmement, but this time on BOTH sides. Both sides step back. Putin and Poroshenko invite "ANO observers"(or whatever they're called") from many many countries including Ukraine, Russia, US and EU countries. Some kind of transition period is given(aproximately 3 months). Infrastructure that is the most urgent is rebuilt, people are given necessary humanitarian aid(don't know who's gonna pay though). Things kinda calm down a bit. And then really free referendum(-s) is arranged(without maasive agitations and probaganda). And let the people decide. That would be the "happy resolution". But I'm probably dreaming here.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Number 3 isn't an option, it's a dream. The US is largely behind this and some oligarchs, others. If those people don't own the east Ukraine there's no point in doing it at all. They aren't going to give up easily and this psychotic western mindset isn't going to go away either. Russia needs to make best of it and invade, take all of the industries and throw out any western corporations. Sanction, take over and throw out every western corporation in Russia.

I know it sounds bad but the west will do it anyway. Russia needs to grow some balls and accept the inevitable. There's nothing left to lose.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Are there something more serious? Not based on screenshots from networks? One Russian journalist even promissed a bounty if will be evidences of such lies based on information from state channels or newspapers, it is your chance
http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/do...my-hit-america

Frankly, I don't believe a single word that is posted by anyone claiming to be an ordinary Russian citizen who is genuinely concerned about the fate of Russians in "Novorossiya." The actions of Putin's government, and its documented history of systematically using the internet and social media to spread lies, have rendered your side permanently untrustworthy.

On the 0.0001% chance that you really are a concerned resident of "Novorossiya" and not a paid shill, I do feel sorry for you -- and you should start examining who's really responsible for your predicament. (hint: his office is in a big red fortress in Moscow.)

Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Russia's Top 80 Lies About Ukraine

As spread by Putin's trolls (paid and otherwise) here, there, and everywhere. And eagerly lapped up by clueless naïve Westerners who are desperate for something to validate their anti-Western -- and especially anti-U.S. and MOST especially anti-Obama worldviews.
Did they comment on this I wonder; ( Just curious)

https://twitter.com/PattonStan/statu...718720/photo/1

"Bloody safari; foreigners are coming to shoot at Ukrainians as if they are animals."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_a4P0lImc

Old 07-15-2014, 12:54 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/do...my-hit-america

Frankly, I don't believe a single word that is posted by anyone claiming to be an ordinary Russian citizen who is genuinely concerned about the fate of Russians in "Novorossiya." The actions of Putin's government, and its documented history of systematically using the internet and social media to spread lies, have rendered your side permanently untrustworthy.

On the 0.0001% chance that you really are a concerned resident of "Novorossiya" and not a paid shill, I do feel sorry for you -- and you should start examining who's really responsible for your predicament. (hint: his office is in a big red fortress in Moscow.)
Funny, but I live not in Russia, I am from Donetsk. My passport is in my profile. And just imagine, some people care about their native city and relatives just because they are normal people and not because somebody pay them. For you it is just politics, for me- lives of my mom, dad, brothers and two cats. I hope I will visit Moscov one day, I was in Russia only three times, but it was really great time.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 AM

Quote:
and you should start examining who's really responsible for your predicament. (hint: his office is in a big red fortress in Moscow.)
It's very simple. Blame those who helped arrange a military coup in Kiev. For example, this lady:

http://kor.ill.in.ua/m/610x385/1352032.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Nuland

Old 07-15-2014, 04:03 AM

Two video. Consequences shelling Snezhnoe. Severodonetsk female battalion.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe