Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 04:17 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times

Advertisements

Very well! Everything's ok then! Crimea is bliss!

Anything to the idea that after getting off the ferry trucks with Ukrainian plates get stopped at the border when transporting food? Supposedly for shakedowns by the Russian police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 06:37 PM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
62-year-old man from Donbass with bag over his head, bounded, says that he has never been a "separatists", for which he graciously promised only some 15 years in prison.
Leaving Oleg Lyashko (Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada and one of the main Nazis), one of the "liberators" promises him that he must be freed in 15 years... if he will survive. So we Donbas people are criminals and they are good guys? I am sorry? Are you sure that it is me who sho should be more open-minded? Some of you are blind with your hate to Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkNLm03tr9g

Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 PM

202 posts, read 224,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
They protect people, while you support the Nazis. You supported them when they were killing police at Maidan, when they were killing people in Odessa, Mariupol, Slavyansk, Red Liman and other cities. You are blinded by hatred of Russia and you do not see the bound, after which the funds are no longer good. You can go on forever laugh at Russia, but it does not change the situation in Ukraine for the better.
Only country that behaves like Nazi is Russia. Russian terrorists are in foreign country it's regular invasion commited by Russian army.
Russia occupies Ukrainian land and support terrorists in Ukraine.

It's very clear who is killing whom, who behaves absolutelly out of international standards and who is importing instability, crossing regular and internationally accepted boundaries of foreign country with its military.

Russians don't belong to the 21st century. It's not hatred it's fact.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:28 PM

202 posts, read 224,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Define what "justice" is.
What's "justice" for you is "injustice" for someone else.
That's why the world is a very volatile place. Always has been, still is.

Justice isn't

- invanding foreign country with your military to stop that country making its own dicisions.
- threatning that country with further military actions
- blackmailing that country with imposing embargo on thier export, because that country want to be a member of internationally accepted and most prosperous union.
- illegally importing military equipment through the boundaries of that country
- blackmailing EU if we accept Ukrainian membership
- forcing other Russian "allies" to follow Russian decisions because ..... because Russia.
- ...... and many many more

Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Justice isn't

- invanding foreign country with your military to stop that country making its own dicisions.
- threatning that country with further military actions
- blackmailing that country with imposing embargo on thier export, because that country want to be a member of internationally accepted and most prosperous union.
- illegally importing military equipment through the boundaries of that country
- blackmailing EU if we accept Ukrainian membership
- forcing other Russian "allies" to follow Russian decisions because ..... because Russia.
- ...... and many many more
I didn't ask you what justice isn't, I asked you what justice IS.
So try one more time pls.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:01 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Justice is about getting even.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:50 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
@ streetway : why the Donbass wouldn't have the right to independence that was granted Erythrea (carved up from Ethiopia) or South Sudan (carved up from Sudan), or Timor Leste (carved upfrom Indonesia) to take a few examples.
Why? because they are Europeans and not Africans?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:07 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Quote:
Tourism is hurting
Perhaps, next year will be better. I don't know. It seems to me that people there had mixed feelings towards Ukrainian tourists: there were a lot of them and now they lost them. But at the same time the people in the peninsula didn't like that Ukrainian tourists are poor. They thought that there will be more Russian tourists with larger sums of money.

But middle class tourists from our country can go everythere now. Recently I was in one Mediterranean country. I spent a very good time. Nobody there cared about politics, so when our colleague from Slovakia propose to close Europe for us or something like that, I doubt that Mediterranean countries will support it. It's not interesting for them absolutely, that's happening between us and our neighbors.

Will I go to the territory, we "returned"? At that moment - no. I will wait for several years, and then will make a decision.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:34 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ streetway : why the Donbass wouldn't have the right to independence that was granted Erythrea (carved up from Ethiopia) or South Sudan (carved up from Sudan), or Timor Leste (carved upfrom Indonesia) to take a few examples.
Why? because they are Europeans and not Africans?
Or USA, or all countries of ex- SU, this list can be endless. People don't know their own history, most countries were created because people wanted independence

Old 07-09-2014, 06:09 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
It's still not very clear, did they want independence. Or just higher salary. It's evident that such fast and moderately bloodless scenario that worked in the previous case is impossible here. Besides, in the previous case we at least had an opportunity to say that 1954 decision was also illegal. Now, we don't have such an "excuse" (even a weak one).

So, for the inhabitants of the region, whether they thought at first, it's better now to stay in the country to which they belong. I bet a lot of them already got tired of that insurgents.

Besides there is no evidence that the Right Sector will do the same atrocities that some of the people they worship, did during the WWII. A lot of Western Ukrainians participated in the atrocities, made by Nazi.

But not only them. And to say that they will repeat all this is as absurd as to say that modern communists (mostly harmless) will really act as in the '30s.

I don't say that the Right Sector is harmless. No. But to show them and then to show the atrocities of WWII (as they did on TV) and to say: "They will do the same", is some kind of manipulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe