Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 01:52 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
So, "Motorola" is Russian? Heck, is there even a single "Ukrainian" left that's fighting for Novorossia?
Yes, of course. Local guys out there about 90%. In commanders choose people with combat experience and charisma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 03:29 AM

Local guys out there about 90%. = Local guys there is about 90%.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 AM

1941 returns:
Izvarino. On the south-east of Ukraine Alexander Scriabin (militiaman, rebel) ran under the tank with a bunch of grenades, thereby he saved his unit from destruction. Alexander was 54 years old, he worked at the mine Talovskaya. Alexander left a wife and two daughters.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 07-08-2014 at 04:32 AM..

Old 07-08-2014, 04:42 AM

202 posts, read 224,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
1941 returns:
Izvarino. On the south-east of Ukraine Alexander Scriabin (militiaman, rebel) ran under the tank with a bunch of grenades, thereby he saved his unit from destruction. Alexander was 54 years old, he worked at the mine Talovskaya. Alexander left a wife and two daughters.
So another terrorist is dead.
Good news.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
So another terrorist is dead.
Good news.
As some people say: real men do not die in their beds. Cherished memory.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
As some people say: real men do not die in their beds. Cherished memory.
A real man doesn't need grenades to fight for justice in 21st century unless he fights against it.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
A real man doesn't need grenades to fight for justice in 21st century unless he fights against it.
Then I guess you will not mind to dissolve NATO?
And, I wonder why the U.S. has the most powerful army in the world?

Old 07-08-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Then I guess you will not mind to dissolve NATO?
And, I wonder why the U.S. has the most powerful army in the world?

If NATO dissolves it dessolves, it's internal affair of member states having nothing to do with the current situation in Ukraine where terrorists from the foreign country fight Ukrainian army and try to break its integrity with the support of Moscow.
US has (among other things) the most powerful army in the World because US invests rational amount of money in research and development which brought military superiority over the rest of the World which more or less try to live on debt and pretending how great they ( Europeans ) are, or tried to impose dictatorial regime known as communism and pretended how better they (Russians and Eastern Europe) are than the rest of the world while shooting its own people on their own boundaries.

US superiority in almost every aspect of the science and technology is an outcome (consequence) of the stupidity of people in the world who rather lay under the tree or march on the 1 May than work and develope its society.
US reached its superiority because they offered best conditions for the development of one in the contrary to the former Soviet union which in its stupidity rather ordered people to invent things under the threat.
This kind of leadership is still alive in Russia Putin's orders to create Russian version of iPad or iPhone so Russians can buy good Russian technology instead of bad imperialist Apple product was very amusing.
Russia is still the same "hole" with its natural resources incapable of offering any alternative to the European Union.
It's very undestandable then that Russians are almost at the boiling point and capable of invasions and mass murderring when countries like Moldova, Ukraine or Georgia enter NATO or EU rather than some from-the-start-failed Russian Euro-Asian union. It's like spitting in Putin's face and it must be punished with importing terrorists into foreign and independent country.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
The fact that the Motorola guy is wearing a Soviet Guards badge tells everything.

Fighting for something that doesn't exist anymore and hopefully doesn't return.

Deal with it, says even Putin.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The only "camps" I know about where civilian refugees from eastern Ukraine have been temporarily sheltered are children's summer camps, which have been hastily refurbished to accommodate women, children, and the elderly. Many churches and charitable organizations have assisted, and local citizens are bringing in food, clothing, and other needed supplies. See jeremiahshope.org for more information about just such an organization assisting civilian refugees from Slavyansk. All of these refugees chose to leave Slavyansk to protect themselves and their children from the violence and totalitarian regime attempting to establish itself in place of the rightful, democratic government of Ukraine. I hope and expect most of the refugees will return, now that Slavyansk has been liberated and stability and legal government are being restored.

Also, as of today, water and electricity are being repaired in Slavyansk by the order of the elected Ukrainian government, and food - bread and stew - is being given free of charge to the residents, who have been suffering under the control of "Donbass" for the last three months.

Don't be so quick to swallow all the negative propaganda which is coming from Russia. Are you aware that the Kremlin is paying people to post pro-Russian, anti-Ukrainian (and often anti-American) falsehoods and major distortions of fact in the comments section of many prominent Western news sources, including "The Washington Post", "The Wall Street Journal". CNN, ABC, "The New York Times", and many others? Their efforts are very obvious, given frequent misspellings, misuse of words and colloquial American English phrases, non-native English speaking grammatical mistakes, and of course, their obvious slant and deliberate disinformation.

Such comments are very much like the black and white pictures a "Novorossiya" supporter has recently posted in this thread, claiming that they are current pictures from the conflict at Slavyansk. Instead, they appear to date to World War II - they are certainly not contemporary, as can be easily determined by the uniforms of the soldiers, particularly their helmets. How dumb do posters like this think the rest of us are??

So - read as many different news sources as possible, Western as well as Russian and Ukrainian. Have an open mind. Read the comments from the various leaders, then research what they're talking about for yourself, looking for all points of view.

All these claims of the Kyiv government being fascist are hogwash. Yes, there are right-wing parties in Ukraine - just as there are democratic parties, leftist parties, probably libertarian parties, green parties, progressive parties, conservative parties, and certainly moderate, middle-of-the-road parties, which draw the greatest number of supporters.

This is a trait of a healthy democracy, where all are allowed freedom to think for themselves and draw their own conclusions about the best way to govern. The existence of such parties doesn't mean that the elected party in power necessarily holds or endorses the same views - just that the overall government allows its citizens the freedom to believe as they think best, and to support those who hold the same views. You won't find this sort of freedom in Russia at present, sadly...and it's very sad that many in eastern Ukraine were fed a diet of Russian propaganda and were victimized by fear tactics based on lies.

It's clear from the comments of many civilian residents of eastern Ukraine that their support of "Donbass" is fear-based, and that they have no accurate knowledge of the Kyiv government's intentions. This was caused by Russia's - actually Putin's - efforts to lure eastern Ukraine back into the Russian sphere of influence, perhaps with the notion of recreating the old Soviet Union once again, despite the best interests of the citizens of the various regions and countries which were once part of the USSR, but which have been independent since the dismembering of the USSR. Rather than doing this honestly and forthrightly, so that the countries of the former Soviet Union might perhaps join Russia not politically, but for economic, cultural, trade, educational, health, and environmental reasons, Putin chose to lie, to spread fear, to foster violence and terrorism, all for his own ambitions.

Wretched little narcissistic man...

So - turn off the Russian channels, read and watch as many different news sources online as you can, if you can't tune in the Kyiv-based TV stations, listen to western radio broadcasts, and try to get a broader perspective of what is happening in your beautiful, long-suffering country. Things can get better - much better - but it won't happen under Putin's influence, nor with a tiny "Novorussiya" and non-Ukrainian, Russian-funded terrorists coming into Ukraine over the Russian border. It CAN and will happen in a united, democratic, free and independent Ukraine.

So learn the facts, be willing to have an open mind that can admit different viewpoints and ideas, and stop being afraid and stop attempting to spread fear. Learn what democracy truly is meant to be, and then work to create and sustain such democracy in Ukraine - all of Ukraine.
I know what difference between summer camps for kids and filtration camps. As for liberation of Slavyansk I will show funny pictures a little later. You will see what is going on there in fact- laughter through tears and shame for those people.
Times, BBC, etc... I believe my own eyes, come here and check who tells the truth.
As for history, it is my hobbies since I was 8 years old and I can tell a lot things about which people have no idea. I didn't become professional historian, but it doesn't mean that I don't know historical events of WW II or another important parts of Ukrainian history.
Also I am acquainted with a lot of people from different parts of Ukraine. 10% of them telling me: we will come and kill you, some of them were my friends (i thought so), the second part tells me that they pray for our success and don't want government killed us because we are not agree with them. Maybe it is time for you to open your mind? And of course I have no illusion about what is waiting for me and another my friends from "Oplot" if we will lose (I am member of "Oplot" since 2011 when it was just historical organization dedicated to the search for missing soldiers in the Great Patriotic War. For Kiev I am terrorist too, even if I don't take a part in defence of Donetsk)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe