Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 09:06 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by povar81 View Post
I honestly do not understand what in a world you are talking about?

Avatar was about invading innocent locals in order to steal their wealthy natural resources, much like Americans did with the Indians, that was the main analogy of the movie, imho.
And you think that you Ukrainians, the "locals" are all that different from Indians from the point of view of American corporations?
If you think that "of course we are different, we are white, we have "culture," then think about Russia and the nineties ( although you might be too young/too ignorant to know what took place there, when it comes to the role of American involvement in Russia's internal affairs.)
Another thing - when you express your opinion here as a Ukrainian, don't forget that yours is not THE ONLY opinion of Ukrainians. This is an opinion of an Ukrainian as well; care to tell us what she thinks about what's going on in Ukraine now, with her life experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YKN-bpbXus#t=50

Last edited by erasure; 06-19-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Who said that?
Donbass's always been a part of Ukraine, most of its population are Ukrainians.

No offense to Russians, but nobody's stupid enough to change one poor country to another poor country, economically I mean.
And you think that *other rich countries* will embrace you, admit Ukraine in their "club" and miraculously Ukraine will turn into Germany somehow?
Just lol. What naivite.

P.S. Another thing - I don't see Putin "changing" anything ( i.e. being willing to admit at least East Ukraine into Russia.) Don't hold your breath even here; he is counting his money and potential losses.
I feel awfully sorry for Ukrainians who are caught between the rock and the hard place.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:17 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Of course he did. It all just started from Crimea
It all began on Maydan, when Ukrainians began to kill police, demolish monuments on the law of force and take stupid laws. It was the collapse of the state, which has split the country. Everything else is just a consequence.

Quote:
Judging from your nickname you're Russian?
Yes.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Majority of Russians have always been savages that's not a newsflash for anyone who experienced their invasions, raping and stealing.
Good. Then I hope that they'll live up to these expectations and give this world, sliding into complete obedience to the power of corporate money a little shake-up, that no one would think again about invading, raping and stealing from them, (the Russians that is.)

Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,611 times
Russia threatens all world, as you say, but why you didn't say that NATO threatens Russia? What american soldiers and fighters are doing close to russian borders? So stop tell lies about "russian threat".

Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 AM

Vice News (English language)

By the way, notice how one-sided show situation. No word on the caravans of refugees in the Crimea and Rostov Region. Only soldier blabbed:

"трое детей, семья. Надо их защищать. Просто не хочется, чтобы эти укры пришли сюда, фашисты поганые. Горло грызть им будем, но не пустим сюда"

three children, family. We must protect them. I just do not want Ukrainians to come over here, fascists filthy. We will gnaw their throats, but we will not allow them to come here.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 06-19-2014 at 10:17 AM..

Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Vice News (English language)

By the way, notice how one-sided show situation. No word on the caravans of refugees in the Crimea and Rostov Region. Only soldier blabbed:

"трое детей, семья. Надо их защищать. Просто не хочется, чтобы эти укры пришли сюда, фашисты поганые. Горло грызть им будем, но не пустим сюда"

three children, family. We must protect them. I just do not want Ukrainians to come over here, fascists filthy. We will gnaw their throats, but we will not allow them to come here.
So when the Russian tanks will start rolling to Kiev as the end result of all this, someone will be whining again about the "Russian savages that pillage, rape" and whatever...

Old 06-19-2014, 10:33 AM

In Russia there are rumors about the movement of Russian troops to the border with Ukraine.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:35 AM

238 posts, read 198,210 times
Default Instead of a thousand words

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Majority of Russians have always been savages that's not a newsflash for anyone who experienced their invasions, raping and stealing.
Well-breaded Ukrainians near Russian embassy in Kiev

Against Russian savages near Ukrainian embassy in Moscov http://s00.yaplakal.com/pics/pics_or.../4/3206484.jpg
If you are actually saying here what you think and believe in your words, I feel sorry for you

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-20-2014 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 06-19-2014, 10:53 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
You know a while back I noted that I believed Russia really poured oil onto fires by annexing the Crimea. So if we add the Maidan to that we can certainly see that at bottom this is a crisis brought out of pure nationalism.
I do not think it brought out anything, these items were always there, even during the Russian Empire. Under the Empire and the Soviets, a lid was kept on the place, you notice how WW2 lifted this lid somewhat which is why there were Ukrainians on the sides of the Nazis.

When Ukraine became independent, no one in Kiev bothered to address issues that have inhabited the Ukrainian area for hundreds of years, Kiev simply swept it all under the rug hoping it would not be a problem. Well, it was a constant problem, just given the fact Yanukovich won the election it was clear to west Ukraine that east Ukraine is a problem it needs to deal with.

And of course yet another oligarch was put in charge, real big change there.

Quote:
Questio is why is it that when Ukraine seeks to explore another path the boom gets lowered on the country? She is doing what all great nations have the right to do and that is order their State in the best way they can for 'life, liberty and the 'pursuit of happiness'. So I will have to say why is 'nationalism' alright for Russia to pursue but not Ukraine? Frankly, I'd sugest it is Russian fear of nationalism in other countries.For is not Russia 'exceptional'??? And that is not me saying it. It is the government of Russia and Mr. Putin who believes in that.I do agree Russia has a 'great culture'. But her 'exceptionalism' can have a down side. We see it every day now in Ukraine.,
How did the boom get lowered on Ukraine? Its own population did so, first by overthrowing a democratically elected government, then Crimea wanting out, then Donbass rebelling. This all started with Maidan, nothing else. If there was no overthrow of a democratically elected leader, there would have been no conflict in Donbass, and Ukraine would still have Crimea.

And Russia does not fear nationalism, they have a lot of experience with it. The people who should fear nationalism are locals in the country, as nationalism tends to always turn ugly for segments of the population. In this case, numerous people in Donbass fear they are going to be the target of these nationalists.

Quote:
I think the violence used against Ukraine and causing her to defend herself, which heaps opporbrium on the country, just show how the pro-Russian opposition is bereft of ideas to solve the 'nationalistic' crisis. Rather than use ideas to discuss they simply use the gun. We need a better way. Thank you.
What violence against Ukraine? Kiev is the one launching the offensive against Donbass. If Kiev did not advance on Donbass, there would be zero violence. It was Maidan protesters who first started using violence, the entire philosophy behind Maidan was violence; they could not install a leader through a vote, so they overthrew the gov and installed one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe