Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 AM

202 posts, read 224,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
The same, we have the right for self-defence from Nazis. Or maybe hey will deport 7 million people (I am talking only about Novorossia and don't count people from Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa and Kharkov regions)? Do you actually know what is going on? I don't think so and your words about deportation sound absourd. Before they started to kill us we wanted only self-determination and we used this right, is it our fault that some big guys can accept using only those rights which will bring profit to them?
Russians can't use self-determination again as far as there already is Russian nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
no one cares about Russians.

well, talk for you (who apparently dream of ethnic cleansing for all Russian people), I do care for the Russian people.
Russian people ethnically cleansed or prepared ethnical cleanse multiple times in history why do you actually hate it when it comes to you ?
But my proposal isn't cleansing at all, you can stay, but accept Ukrainian rules and laws, or you have to leave.

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-18-2014 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to an edited post

Old 06-18-2014, 05:19 AM

238 posts, read 198,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Russians can't use self-determination again as far as there already is Russian nation.
The same with Ukraine, so why they can and we don't?

Old 06-18-2014, 05:36 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times
I don't see it as an very strange thing, ve expelled Germans similar way. history repeats itself again and this aggression will eventually end in Russian exodus.
Now you have the pluck to say that you are proud of the ethnic cleansing of the whole 2 million German population from Czechoslowakia (herded on cattle cars, many of them left to die of hunger and thirst on abandoned train tracks ) in the aftermath of WWII. It's seems for you right to retaliate on families, women, old people , children for the crimes the 3rd Reich did in their names.
I'm on a public forum here, so I'll refrain from calling you "names". But seeing you are from Slowakia, I'm not surprised at what is happening in nearby Ukraine if this train of thought is prevalent in Eastern Europe, nearly 70 years after the end of WWII (see, I'm not defending "the Russians" only). I don't actually believe I'll be able to change your barbaric ideas, because you seem hopeless , but I advise you to read some books of Primo Levy or Wassili Grossmann. VENGEANCE IS NEVER A SOLUTION!

Old 06-18-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
The same with Ukraine, so why they can and we don't?
Where did I say that Ukraine is about to use self-determination ? I am saying that if you don't like Ukraine you can't just cut out a piece of their land and connect it to the Russia.
You have only two options you etheir accept Ukrainian laws and rules or you leave the country.
You can't self-determine Russian nation again, you can't create a "new Russia"

Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I don't see it as an very strange thing, ve expelled Germans similar way. history repeats itself again and this aggression will eventually end in Russian exodus.
Now you have the pluck to say that you are proud of the ethnic cleansing of the whole 2 million German population from Czechoslowakia (herded on cattle cars, many of them left to die of hunger and thirst on abandoned train tracks ) in the aftermath of WWII. It's seems for you right to retaliate on families, women, old people , children for the crimes the 3rd Reich did in their names.
I'm on a public forum here, so I'll refrain from calling you "names". But seeing you are from Slowakia, I'm not surprised at what is happening in nearby Ukraine if this train of thought is prevalent in Eastern Europe, nearly 70 years after the end of WWII (see, I'm not defending "the Russians" only). I don't actually believe I'll be able to change your barbaric ideas, because you seem hopeless , but I advise you to read some books of Primo Levy or Wassili Grossmann. VENGEANCE IS NEVER A SOLUTION!
I am not proud of it, I have never said that it's good solution, but it's only solution. From history we know that Russians are aggressive people and have no respect toward one's life.
There is difference between having multiple options and choose the right one and having no option.
Russians used non-standard invasion and we unfortunatelly have to use non-standard reaction now.
That's all.
Germans were expelled from many central-eastern European countries on the base of the Potsdam Agreement.

Last edited by streetway; 06-18-2014 at 06:32 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times
@ streetway : I can only advise you to read Primo Levi, who refused although he was a former concentration camp inmate , to use against the nazis the same method they used , because as he put it "it would have been their final victory".
And about the German expellees, when you say "Potsdam agreement" (a sheet of paper), I understand "nemesis" or "vae victis". In other words despite our so called progress , humans didnt change since Roman times. Always believing that the others (here the "Russians") are the "savages" and us (the holier-than-thou Europeans) are "virtuous". Once again your way of thinking is wrong, and if all the Slowaks think like that, Slowakia shouldn't be a member of the EU, which (officially at least) is founded on human values.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 AM

238 posts, read 198,210 times
Quote:
Where did I say that Ukraine is about to use self-determination ? I am saying that if you don't like Ukraine you can't just cut out a piece of their land and connect it to the Russia.
You have only two options you etheir accept Ukrainian laws and rules or you leave the country.
You can't self-determine Russian nation again, you can't create a "new Russia"
It is Russian land with russian people, russian plants, factories and values. After th last events they could go anywhere they want, we didn't come to them to kill civil people, they did and they can't be our country anymore. Army can shoot its citizens only once, next time they will have to shoot in a foreign nation

Old 06-18-2014, 06:43 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,497 times
I can't believe that you are serious. You propose to expel people, who has nothing to do with that conflict on absolutely - yeah, absolutely - absurd ground that someone is going to invade Central Europe.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:53 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
I am saying that if you don't like Ukraine you can't just cut out a piece of their land and connect it to the Russia
Why not? Their ancestors have lived here for many centuries, and now they have to leave their land because of the policies of Kiev? This is nonsense.
Their ancestors lived on this land, even when the concept of "Ukraine" did not exist.

And let us recall Kosovo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe