Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 08:32 AM

238 posts, read 198,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_from_europe View Post

Only 10% buildings are destroyed in Slavjansk - it's a success of the Anti - Terrorist Operation.
You forgot to add these photos- pay attention to the clothes, where you can't see faces and make sure it is the same people
http://cs620323.vk.me/v620323945/e41a/X2A0tdFJVGY.jpg
http://cs620323.vk.me/v620323945/e423/hoCbu0N0M6E.jpg
http://cs620323.vk.me/v620323945/e42b/80oHbEAJICs.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:53 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The fact that the Motorola guy is wearing a Soviet Guards badge tells everything.

Fighting for something that doesn't exist anymore and hopefully doesn't return.

Deal with it, says even Putin.
If you think that the traditional sign of the Guard - is an attempt to restore the Soviet Union, then you should be afraid. Here's a photo of customary parade on May 9 at the Red Square:

http://l-pics.livejournal.com/drugoi/pic/00z903wp.jpg

)

But in fact it's much easier. It's just a tribute to tradition.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
where terrorists from the foreign country fight Ukrainian army and try to break its integrity with the support of Moscow.
They protect people, while you support the Nazis. You supported them when they were killing police at Maidan, when they were killing people in Odessa, Mariupol, Slavyansk, Red Liman and other cities. You are blinded by hatred of Russia and you do not see the bound, after which the funds are no longer good. You can go on forever laugh at Russia, but it does not change the situation in Ukraine for the better.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:18 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
A real man doesn't need grenades to fight for justice in 21st century unless he fights against it.
Define what "justice" is.
What's "justice" for you is "injustice" for someone else.
That's why the world is a very volatile place. Always has been, still is.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 AM

If you say that the Ukrainian army is fighting with terrorists, tell me why on right hand this soldier is the red and black flag? This is the flag of the Nazi organization "Right sector"! And it is on hand Ukrainian soldier!

ßрðòøù áõúтþр - ÿþчðтþú ñþю ÿіô Úðрûіòúþю 6.07.2014 - YouTube

Old 07-08-2014, 09:27 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The fact that the Motorola guy is wearing a Soviet Guards badge tells everything.

Fighting for something that doesn't exist anymore and hopefully doesn't return.

Yes, they fight for something that "doesn't exist" any more, because what DOES exist in that part of the world is not good at all. These people are romantics, they miss the good and wholesome part of the Soviet life. And before you go up in arms - yes, there was such part to the Soviet system comparably to what came after.

Quote:
Deal with it, says even Putin.
Don't forget that people like Putin benefited great deal financially from the collapse of the S.U. Of course he wouldn't want to have it back, neither would he want to support people oriented for social justice, as a lot of Russian Ukrainians are, and Russians who go to fight there. ( Granted, part of them are nationalists - pure and simple, but that's only part of them.)
What would happen to all Putin's palaces - think about it.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM

Default Captive soldier of Ukrainian army: "If I did not give up, I would be turned into cannon fodder"

Captive soldier of Ukrainian army: "If I did not give up, I would be turned into cannon fodder"

The correspondent of "Komsomolskaya Pravda" managed to talk to five prisoners of war of LNR, which served in Ukrainian army. The oldest, whose name is Sergey, is thirty-three years old. He worked as an electrician. There are two children, a girl of two years old, and the boy of five at home, in the suburbs of Kiev. Father is a disabled person, mother is after a stroke... Wife had gone away, the whole family had survived only with his help. But, anyway, he was drafted.

- Received a call-up paper, then the second. All flushed down the toilet, - tells Sergey. - And then the police came with the third.They didn't even give me time to say goodbye to the relatives, twisted my arms and pushed into the car. We were comforted: they will release me a month later. They
said that we would stand at the checkpoints together with the traffic police. Nothing serious, only checking cars. Search for weapon in the trunks, check documents.

- There was a whole battalion of us, mobilized, - continues Sergey. - More than a half declared that they didn'twant to fight and that they wanted to go home. Others thought in the same way, but didn't spoke. Even the commanders - they were former officers, who had left in stock. They have families, children and even grandchildren. Why do we need this war, they said.

- Were you prepared for the war? Did you carry out military exercises? - asks the reporter.

- At first we had always being said that none of us would not participate in the hostilities. Our only task was to support access control. We lived right at the roadblock, and saw how armored vehicles were being edged, and understood that the authorities are going to unleash a real massacre. Local dwellers were afraid of "National Guards" and told that sometimes they made the real atrocities. They saw St. George ribbon somewhere in the corner in one store, and gave a burst of sub-machine gun fire at the counter, and then at the saleswoman. And we had good relations with the locals. We were even digging their vegetable gardens, they gave us food for this job. I asked when I would be allowed to go home. They looked at me with surprise and asked: "Don't you want to give your life for the Maidan?". Then I realized that will make cannon fodder from us.

- How have you become a captive?

- Sat in the car and drove away.

- What do you mean?

- A few days ago we were taken from the checkpoint, built in a row and announced that soon they would throw us in a fight. Required to be ready till the morning. Artillery was now rattling in Lugansk, I realized that I would live a couple of days - not more. Well, I can't kill people. And I don't want to know how to do it. No man has the right to kill someone. There are Kolek and Savik sitting here, and they have the same views. And we understood everything without saying a word, walked away and caught the car. We said to our guys that we would go for cigarettes. But we drove in Lugansk. At that time, it was hardly possible to arrive there.

- And why did not you go home?.

- So, there we will be caught and sent back. But here we won't be left to certain death at least.

Another two captives - Anton and Slava are different from Sergey. They are contract servicemen. Slava had been serving for the sixth year of his contract with Ukrainian army, which was coming to an end, and prolong it - God forfend!

- I thought I would serve for a full term as all normal people - he says with anguish. - But did not manage. They told in March that wouldn't give dismissal. We were also standing at checkpoints, also were waiting for rotations, vacations. But it seemed they had forgotten about us. It would be better they really forgot. Who did know that the war will be there! The real war.

All five of them are waiting for exchanging with captured militiamen. But Kiev is not in a hurry. And even if this happens, what will be with the prisoners later? One of them, as captives say, has already been exchanged. His fate is unknown, but militia hinted that Ukrainian troops didn't met him with open arms.

- You understand that you are deserter for those, who are from another side, - the reporter asks the father of two children Sergei. - You can be shot - such as it was earlier.

The sad guy nods.

- It turns out that it's true. But, maybe,the fate will have mercy, and I will see my children again. And then... Ah.. I would have gone somewhere. The main thing - far away from here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN7RZRTQ7w8

Old 07-08-2014, 01:44 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
^
So who tells 'truth'? I just read a piece about the effects on farming in the Crimea after annexation. Supposedly Russian support is 'spotty' , ferry service isn't so good out. Tourism is hurting and not many banks are operating. Prices for milk have doubled. But but the Crimea's minister of agriculture says the 'transition is going well'. He says the ferry problem was solved but the farmers laughed. So what is 'truth'???????

Old 07-08-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
^
So who tells 'truth'? I just read a piece about the effects on farming in the Crimea after annexation. Supposedly Russian support is 'spotty' , ferry service isn't so good out. Tourism is hurting and not many banks are operating. Prices for milk have doubled. But but the Crimea's minister of agriculture says the 'transition is going well'. He says the ferry problem was solved but the farmers laughed. So what is 'truth'???????
My friend lives in Sudak and often tells me that everything is great. Prices lower than it was in Ukraine and her salary rose. Private beaches back to the city property and now use them for free, illegal buildings dismantled, tourists come from all over Russia despite cold summer.
P.S I wrote this at the dictation of Vladimir Putin, sorry if not all the details are written

Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
ferry service isn't so good out.
Ferry dependent of weather. In the coming years will be built a bridge across the Kerch. It is expensive, but necessary.

Quote:
Tourism is hurting
You can view the webcam and draw conclusions:

Web ?????? ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe