Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 10:20 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Maybe it was partly a tactical withdrawal, but if it was well executed, there must be other forces at work beside separatist-dumbass-terrorist rabble.
Number one - there are enough of ex-Soviet-trained people in Eastern Ukraine among the rebels, plus of course Russians who come there to participate are knowledgeable people in the art of war.

Quote:
And I would like to express my condolences to the countries affected, and hope nobody of our Dutch, Australian, Indonesian or British posters here lost anyone near and dear.
Yes, a horrible tragedy ( oh my god 154 Dutch people alone!) my sincere condolences to the families, but I still don't understand how the civil plane ended up in a war zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

hmmm..going to be interesting when it gets to culpability. Not sure if this will be a canddate for the Hague. Moscow now knows without a doubt what's coming off the box. If it points to the 'Poroshenko group' you know he'll be on tv. If not well...let's see if he turns over the box. And if in fact the finger points ot separatists well it could be a whole new balllgame with commanders possibly like Strelkov ( I note him because he's supposedly 'running things' there on the separatist side in Donetsk) will be asked to visit somebody and have a chat. I'm afraid Mr. Putin will be losing whatever hair he has left since he would be put in a very compromised position. This will be a big mess.
If the plane has been hit by the missile so suddenly, what information would the black box bring? Who exactly has hit the plane and why? I don't think so, so it wouldn't make sense for Putin to keep the black box.
But I do agree that this whole ordeal might bring things to a breaking point.
Just BEFORE it all happened I've already read a very interesting article on rebel's site ( although somewhat sporadic,) about the internal disagreements in Putin's government ( on Ukrainian issue,) the negotiations with Akhmetov ( Donbass tycoon) to save Donbass from destruction, the ties between Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs and the role it plays in the unfolding events behind the scene.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:30 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Number one - there are enough of ex-Soviet-trained people in Eastern Ukraine among the rebels, plus of course Russians who come there to participate are knowledgeable people in the art of war.

Yes, a horrible tragedy ( oh my god 154 Dutch people alone!) my sincere condolences to the families, but I still don't understand how the civil plane ended up in a war zone.

"But many airlines continued to fly over eastern Ukraine. According to Flight radar24, which monitors live flight paths, the airlines that most frequently flew over Donetsk in eastern Ukraine in the last week were: Aeroflot 86 (flights), Singapore Airlines 75, Ukraine International Airlines 62, Lufthansa 56, and Malaysian 48. It was not necessarily a risky approach. The chance of a rocket reaching above 32,000 feet was considered remote, says Sylvia Spruck Wrigley, author of Why Planes Crash."

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28364306

Did you notice Putin's first reaction? No sympathy, no condolences, only a vicious attack against the Ukrainian government. Tells a lot what kind of man he is.

And it looks that weapons pour in from everywhere.
"The daily Helsingin Sanomat reported Thursday that an air freight consignment destined for Ukraine was discovered to contain numerous parts of a missile guidance system. The find was discovered in June as part of routine customs surveillance at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport.
Officials discovered however, that the shipment did not have the required clearance for transit through Finland to the far eastern part of Ukraine."

http://yle.fi/uutiset/daily_finnish_...onents/7364587

Whoops.

Last edited by Ariete; 07-18-2014 at 10:38 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

"But many airlines continued to fly over eastern Ukraine. According to Flight radar24, which monitors live flight paths, the airlines that most frequently flew over Donetsk in eastern Ukraine in the last week were: Aeroflot 86 (flights), Singapore Airlines 75, Ukraine International Airlines 62, Lufthansa 56, and Malaysian 48. It was not necessarily a risky approach. The chance of a rocket reaching above 32,000 feet was considered remote, says Sylvia Spruck Wrigley, author of Why Planes Crash."

BBC News - Who, what, why: How often do planes fly over conflict zones?
Over 32 00 feet? But I think that this particular flight was at 32, 000, per advise by Ukrainian dispatcher.
Another thing, if you look at the thread in the Current event section, they wonder why the rout of this plane has changed comparably to previous routs. (But it's all the details of course)

Quote:
Did you notice Putin's first reaction? No sympathy, no condolences, only a vicious attack against the Ukrainian government. Tells a lot what kind of man he is.
No, he followed the protocol of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2kgFBnQkYg#t=31

But it doesn't change my opinion about him and the fact that he will use every opportunity ( and everyone's misery) for his own gains. Very skillfully at that.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 AM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Where from is this audio? Yesterday was no audio, do you have a proof that it were exactly these people?

Old 07-18-2014, 10:59 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Where from is this audio? Yesterday was no audio, do you have a proof that it were exactly these people?
I posted the same clip yesterday. Source: MFA Ukraine's youtube channel.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:07 AM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I posted the same clip yesterday. Source: MFA Ukraine's youtube channel.
Youtube channel with video where painted someone's talk? Did I tell that I can use photoshop too? Nevertheless today was found that rebels didn't capture "Buk" installation, so Kiev confirmed that they couldn't hit that airplane. I am sure that now they will balme Russia, they have a good experience since 2001, or little green humanoids, or reptiloids from Mars. I am waiting with a great interest
Киев подтвердил, что ополченцы сбить «Боинг» не могли: они не захватывали «Буки» - Политика, СНГ - МК

Old 07-18-2014, 12:21 PM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times
Quote:
And the other politicians are gentle and timid people? In 2001 when our neighbors shot down an airplane, they at first denied it and than said something like this: "Oh, we shouldn't overstimate this tragedy, it wasn't the first and won't be the last case". I don't remember tears and ash on the head on that situation too.

All of them were the members of the same Party.

It doesn't mean that I don't want investigation. I want. And I agree that the sanctions will be proprtional, if they find that it's the rebels' crime. Alas, after that a lot of the things won't be the same.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
I just watched the 20.30 news. Putin had this dead calm sosiophatic look on his face and said: "This recent incident is something that the Ukrainian government needs to sort out."

My, my...

Old 07-18-2014, 12:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
I just watched the 20.30 news. Putin had this dead calm sosiophatic look on his face and said: "This recent incident is something that the Ukrainian government needs to sort out."

My, my...
Putin has always allowed Ukraine to sort out their own affairs....er....never mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe