Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 04:42 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
By the way. If we assume that the rebels themselves could not shoot down the plane because a weapon is too complex, it remains possible killers: Russia or Ukraine. Who was more profitable to shoot down the plane?
I don't think that Russia has a reason to do it, they don't need one more Afganistan, near their border. At the same time most squads of Ukrainian army have hmmm... some problems in Novorossia, so they needed a reason to ask for entry of NATO troops and as soon as this plane disappeared, they started to ask about it. By the way, how did Kiev government know that plane was shot? There even was no confirmation that this plane fell, but they were sure and even... posted a video about it, but it is unclear when they had time to film it. Also a video that allegedly considered a proof that the militias have Buks was made in Krasnoarmeisk, controlled Ukrainian army- there's a bigboard with adress on that video and one more thing: it is not confirmed, but possibly this video was already posted on Youtube in 2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 07:28 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: the attack on the plane in the sky over Ukrainian territory

I find it interesting that separatists are blocking access to the site. Another kink in moving the inevitable investigation along. Par for the course.

Slowly but surely the erosion of order and possibly the rules of international law when crimes have been committed in sovereign states are occurring with an alarm that Europe, Russia and the US have to heed. Ironic that a plane gets shot down in Ukrainian territory and so-called 'rebels' have control already in its investigation. Mr. Putin I think is in a tough bind now. I' m eager to see how he will get out of this one. He is doing everything in the past few months to isolate himself from the international community. It is getting worse.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:02 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: the attack on the plane in the sky over Ukrainian territory

I find it interesting that separatists are blocking access to the site. Another kink in moving the inevitable investigation along. Par for the course.

Slowly but surely the erosion of order and possibly the rules of international law when crimes have been committed in sovereign states are occurring with an alarm that Europe, Russia and the US have to heed. Ironic that a plane gets shot down in Ukrainian territory and so-called 'rebels' have control already in its investigation. Mr. Putin I think is in a tough bind now. I' m eager to see how he will get out of this one. He is doing everything in the past few months to isolate himself from the international community. It is getting worse.
Investigation has been conducted by the OSCE for the moment, its' representatives today visited the site of the crash. All evidences will be presented to ICAO. Russia can not make this investigation because on the board were no Russian citizens. This is nonsense. Oh, I forgot, Ukrainian media told about it, I read it today.
Who lies? I think we have a winner! Enjoy, Ukraine was caught on cheating, for the umpteenth time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLdRBaL4-wU

Last edited by Selena822; 07-19-2014 at 08:33 AM..

Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
BTW, the militaries deny that they gave the insurgents some kind of large armory, using such an argument: "We can't do it, because we can't hide it, and if we wouldn't hide, Americans will find and it will be bad for us. And so we don't do it".

No comments, I'm just telling you, what they say.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:08 AM

A German MP from CSU said that a UN peacekeepers should be sent there. In this situation I find this idea to be a good one. I don't believe any side of the conflict. Poroshenko is a good man,but some of his counterparts aren't. We need more international control.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:15 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
A German MP from CSU said that a UN peacekeepers should be sent there. In this situation I find this idea to be a good one. I don't believe any side of the conflict. Poroshenko is a good man,but some of his counterparts aren't. We need more international control.
I doubt that UN members will be eager to send troops when there literally is no peace to keep and OSCE observers got jailed the minute they touched ground in Eastern Ukraine.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 AM

Sad. Without the international interference, the conflict will be longer.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:50 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
You say "Russian propaganda". And what is it? The investigation has not been completed, but the media have accused Putin. This is not propoganda?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...81523536_n.jpg

Dirty game. However, in Russia people have become accustomed to the double standards of the West.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:07 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Investigation has been conducted by the OSCE for the moment, its' representatives today visited the site of the crash. All evidences will be presented to ICAO. Russia can not make this investigation because on the board were no Russian citizens. This is nonsense. Oh, I forgot, Ukrainian media told about it, I read it today.
Who lies? I think we have a winner! Enjoy, Ukraine was caught on cheating, for the umpteenth time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLdRBaL4-wU

Selena, Selena. It's clear to all the world (except for perhaps your portion of it) that the OSCE observers were only allowed to remain at part of the crash site (which covers at least nine square miles) for 75 minutes, and that shots were fired by a boozed-up "rebel" "commander" when some of these observers attempted to examine part of the area which the "rebels" evidently considered off-limits. The observers returned to their base and expressed their outrage and frustration at such highly unprofessional - and inhumane - behavior by the "rebels", aka terrorists.

Meanwhile, the pitiful bodies lie where they fell, covered only by whatever spare blankets or pieces of other cloth the local residents, extremely poor themselves, were able to find. Looting is going on - watches, cell phones, of course money, passports, credit cards, jewelry - most likely looting done by the "rebels" rather than locals, who are poor but who do have their pride. Knowledge of this criminal outrage and abuse of the dead has to add to the heartbreak of the surviving families. Shameful.

BTW, Torez is the location of a notorious orphanage/mental institution, to which small abandoned children with Down syndrome and other special needs were routinely sent at the age of four or so. Residents of this drafty, shabby, poorly funded institution ranged in age from four to about 35, and people with physical disabilities but typical intellect were also sent here, often to be kept in bed 24/7. Many died, of sheer neglect and lack of love. A few - a precious few, and they are precious - were adopted by American families and are thriving, now that they're receiving the medical attention, good nutrition, therapies, and most of all love that were all so sorely lacking in this place.

Places like Torez Institute/Orphanage are a carry-over of the old Stalinist notion that if people are of no use to the state, they have no value whatsoever. There are still many, many places like the Torez Institution throughout Russia, where Americans, Irish citizens, and members of other nationalities have been banned from adopting and few NGOs are allowed to visit.

Thankfully, a series of newspaper articles about the situation at Torez led to the transfer of many of its residents to better facilities, but the plight of many such children and adults throughout Russia and countries once part of the former Soviet Union remains dire, and little-known in the west. Prior to the current conflict, Ukraine did plan to bring an end to the orphanage system in favor of foster homes, but little has been said about plans for places which house abandoned, legally orphaned children and adults with special needs. At present, Americans cannot adopt children from Eastern Ukraine (where the majority of the orphanages are located) because of safety concerns, but orphanages in the peaceful western portion of Ukraine are still open to adoption by Americans.

Crimea now falls under Russian rules, so Crimean orphans, who retain legal Ukrainian citizenship, are also trapped, in more ways than one. Sad - many had American families who were in the process of adopting them, just as happened in Russia last year.

I hope that when peace and justice return to Ukraine, peace and justice will also come to places like the Torez Institution, not just in Ukraine, but throughout eastern Europe and Russia.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:26 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Stolichnaya and BUK is never a good combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe