Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 10:28 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,457,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, and it is because of him, his influence on US policies, his direct statement about Russia (along with others), that Russia and generally other countries like China and the peripheral areas have a deep distrust of the US/West no matter how much of an olive branch and money we provide.

Basically, Bzhezinsky is part of the group of Western officials that have openly (and not openly) stated they would like to see the dismantling of the Russian state itself. This has been one of the guides for Russia's reactions to moves from the West. If you notice, about everything the West/US has done over the last 20 years has been nothing more than to circle Russia with bases, and slowly chip away at it. The West/US just wants the resources from Russia, and they want to remove an arms supplier that can provide arms to any and all West/US resistance.
Thanks for the detailed answer. But where can I find a link of the primary source in which his words about Orthodoxy as the main enemy of America are published?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 12:18 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Thanks for the detailed answer. But where can I find a link of the primary source in which his words about Orthodoxy as the main enemy of America are published?
I've tried to check it and it seems that he didn't write something like this in one of his works - he rather said it somewhere, and it's mentioned in the work of this Austrian author, Peter Bachmaier;

"The victory over the Soviet Union was particularly achieved with the help of these non-military methods. The strategy, which did not intend any coexistence with the Soviet Union, but aimed at “disassembling” the Soviet system, was elaborated by the Reagan administration in 1982.6 The plan included seven strategic initiatives, among them as point 4: Psychological warfare, aimed at producing fear, uncertainty, loss of orientation both among the nomenclature and the population.7 This war was not only waged against communism, but against Russia, as Brzezinski’s direct statements testified: “We destroyed the USSR, we will also destroy Russia.” “Russia is a dispensable state, anyway.” “The orthodoxy is the main enemy of America. Russia is a defeated country. It will be divided and put under guardianship.”8

Soft Power – the USA’s Cultural War against Russia, 1991 – 2010

This is yet another one of his statements apparently;

"Don't fool yourself. We are not at war with communism, but with Russia, whatever it may be called.” – Zbigniew Brzezinski

Zbigniew Brzezinski - First thoughts about

The proof of this particular Brzezinsky's "train of thought" you can find here, in his article in "Free Republic."

"In these circumstances, Russia's first priority should be to modernize itself rather than to engage in a futile effort to regain its status as a global power. Given the country's size and diversity, a decentralized political system and free-market economics would be most likely to unleash the creative potential of the Russian people and Russia's vast natural resources. A loosely confederated Russia -- composed of a European Russia, a Siberian Republic, and a Far Eastern Republic -- would also find it easier to cultivate closer economic relations with its neighbors. Each of the confederated entitles would be able to tap its local creative potential, stifled for centuries by Moscow's heavy bureaucratic hand. In turn, a decentralized Russia would be less susceptible to imperial mobilization."

A geostrategy for Eurasia by Zbigniew Brzezinski (America should break up Russia - strengthen China)

And you can read about it more here;

"Zbigniew Brzezinski: the Empire’s Adviser

The outrageous strategy to destroy Russia"

The outrageous strategy to destroy Russia, by Arthur Lepic

P.S And the last but not least, on a subject of Ukraine -

"Brzezinski Mapped Out the Battle for Ukraine in 1997"

"Why would the United States run the risk of siding with anti-Semitic, neo-Nazis in Ukraine?
One of the keys may be found by looking back at Zbigniew Brzezinski’s 1997 book, The Grand Chessboard in which he wrote, “Ukraine, a new and important space on the Eurasian chessboard, is a geopolitical pivot because its very existence as an independent country helps to transform Russia. Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire.”
“However, if Moscow regains control over Ukraine, with its 52 million people and major resources as well as access to the Black Sea, Russia automatically again regains the wherewithal to become a powerful imperial state, spanning Europe and Asia.”
The former national security advisor to Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981 and top foreign policy advisor to Barack Obama, Brzezinski wrote that US policy should be “unapologetic” in perpetuating “America’s own dominant position for at least a generation and preferably longer still.”

http://original.antiwar.com/chris_er...raine-in-1997/

Last edited by erasure; 06-24-2014 at 12:29 AM..

Old 06-24-2014, 12:38 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,407 times
@erasure

I wonder why Russians that try to make a point always quote the crazy ones... The Austrian "author" in question, Peter Bachmaier, spends most of his past time at court because he insists on using a Prof-title he hasn't earned and making up conspiracy theories (common themes: Judaism, gypsies, Eastern Europe v. The US, the EU, ...) that he then publishes in the far-right "newspaper" Zur Zeit

Old 06-24-2014, 12:40 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,457,517 times
Thank you so much erasure!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
@erasure

I wonder why Russians that try to make a point always quote the crazy ones... The Austrian "author" in question, Peter Bachmaier, spends most of his past time at court because he insists on using a Prof-title he hasn't earned and making up conspiracy theories (common themes: Judaism, gypsies, Eastern Europe v. The US, the EU, ...) that he then publishes in the far-right "newspaper" Zur Zeit
And I wonder why *some Austrians* here consider every other Austrian that Google refers me to as the "crazy ones"...

Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Thank you so much erasure!
You are welcome

( if you have time and patience to go through the marvelous thoughts of this genius)))
I don't.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 AM

84 posts, read 138,639 times
Great posts Atai J., erasure, and Maksim_Frolov. I support the pro-independence movement in southeast "Ukraine" (i.e. Novorossiya), because half of my ancestors lived there during the Russian Empire. I know that that land was never truly "Ukrainian." The Soviet government simply merged a bunch of territories together and created a Ukrainian SSR, but that was never intended to be a single, "united" independent Ukrainian state. And now we see the results. After what Obama's puppet regime in Kiev has done to the southeast, there will never be peace there again except as a separate country, Novorossiya.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Nebraska Native View Post
Great posts Atai J., erasure, and Maksim_Frolov. I support the pro-independence movement in southeast "Ukraine" (i.e. Novorossiya), because half of my ancestors lived there during the Russian Empire. I know that that land was never truly "Ukrainian."
It was not. Culturally Donbass is much closer to Southern Russia than to Ukrainian Western provinces, and if idiots in Poroshenko government ( and the US government) deny the importance of history, there is a price to pay.
( I'll quote the 100th time here)

"Don Cossacks (Russian: Донские казаки) were Cossacks who settled along the middle and lower Don. Historically, they were located within what was the Don Cossack Host (Russian: Всевеликое Войско Донское, Vsevelikoye Voysko Donskoye), which was either an independent or an autonomous democratic republic in the present day Southern Russia and the Donbas region of Ukraine, from the end of the 16th until the early 20th century."

Don Cossacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Soviet government simply merged a bunch of territories together and created a Ukrainian SSR, but that was never intended to be a single, "united" independent Ukrainian state. And now we see the results. After what Obama's puppet regime in Kiev has done to the southeast, there will never be peace there again except as a separate country, Novorossiya.
Ukraine is really a buffer/transitional zone between Russia and Poland ( hence so much difference between different regions,) and if someone wanted to keep that buffer zone as one state, they should have thought hard before making dumb decisions.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It was not. Culturally Donbass is much closer to Southern Russia than to Ukrainian Western provinces, and if idiots in Poroshenko government ( and the US government) deny the importance of history, there is a price to pay.
( I'll quote the 100th time here)

"Don Cossacks (Russian: Донские казаки) were Cossacks who settled along the middle and lower Don. Historically, they were located within what was the Don Cossack Host (Russian: Всевеликое Войско Донское, Vsevelikoye Voysko Donskoye), which was either an independent or an autonomous democratic republic in the present day Southern Russia and the Donbas region of Ukraine, from the end of the 16th until the early 20th century."

Don Cossacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ukraine is really a buffer/transitional zone between Russia and Poland ( hence so much difference between different regions,) and if someone wanted to keep that buffer zone as one state, they should have thought hard before making dumb decisions.
P.S Thanks lord at least someone starts figuring something out..
At least BBC.
About time.

BBC News - Ukraine: Common history pulls in aid from west Russia

Old 06-24-2014, 03:10 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,611 times
In February 2014 I said some guys from maidan - If maidan win Ukraine will lose Donbass. Then it happened. Maidan is a bunch of fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe