Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 10:37 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times

Advertisements

Re: 'Yes, I'm an idiot. I really believe in what I write here.
Although I am less and less want walk in this thread every day'

I think most here firmly believe in what they write. I can see how positions have hardened including mine.

Personally, I see a grave and possibly intractable issue that Europe and the US is facing. I am afraid I see Russia as the greater culprit in fomenting destabilization in the eastern border areas. Putin frankly to me looks like a man who doesn't want to sit at a table and hash out things. It's the last place right now where he'd rather be. To the detriment of European peace.

At this point I'm jaded enough to think that if he'd bag Latvia or Lithuania or any of those other 'little' states then maybe he'll propose possible peace talks. He's a man on a mission. His 'Russia' right now looks argumentative and looks to be cruisin' for a bruisin. He is a leader who just doesn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 06:08 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Quote:
He's just a "commodity populist"
It's difficult to a prophet these days, but I don't think that he posseses any serious treat to European Union.

As for the USA - I don't think that they face anything bad. Quite the contrary, the situation is good for them. It's much worse for Russia. Now we had an image of an aggressor.

Before Ukraine everyone was discussing Snowden and NSA spying, it was much better for us.

We should have said to Ukrainians: "Divorce, divorce, divorce" , find bacteria in their cheese or something bad in their chocolate. But to start an intervention was too much.

Last edited by Muscovite; 06-19-2015 at 06:19 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 08:19 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Beware of what you read in US and European papers nowadays.

The US paid Greek journalists to spin stories in favor of the EU 'bailouts'

Greek Journalists Allegedly 'Trained' by IMF to Present it Favorably | GreekReporter.com

Most news is heavily spun here in the states. They couldn't even get the China hack story right the first several times. Now, the official story is that the government databases were sourced out to foreign IT contractors who could view the information without any security screening. It wasn't even an internet hacking incident as alleged in several iterations of the news reports.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Putin's threat to increase Russia's nuclear arsenal was reported in the London Times in a tiny article on page 31. Nobody gives a damn about Putin's threats.
And where did it state Putin "threatened"? All Putin did was announce, just as every country does publicly with a large weapons system upgrade/project. It is only the West that threw in the term "threaten", in order to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

When the UK decided to upgrade some of its naval forces, did anyone state "the UK threatens to increase its naval forces"? Of course not, but when Russia, China or someone not in the West's favor does, it is a "threat". Look at Iran for example, it is a "threat" when they upgrade forces and do military exercises, but when Saudi Arabia does it, it is not at all considered a "threat".

Old 06-20-2015, 08:48 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Marcus you're in way over your head. Go get some facts before you comment.

Scary situation in America. Those fascists in DC want war and conflict, there's no other way to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=375&v=pljWG2BQJmc

Old 06-20-2015, 02:12 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus10 View Post
I'm horrified by the fact that Russians are tinkering with derelict nuclear weapons, they are not far enough.
Then I guess, "the rest of the world" does care?

Old 06-20-2015, 05:03 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus10 View Post
I'm horrified by the fact that Russians are tinkering with derelict nuclear weapons, they are not far enough. All their weapon systems are as good as junk, only good for terrorizing non-OTAN members.
If all their systems are good as junk, then what is the big deal then? Why does the US and others spend hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons then? Why freak out at Iran obtaining some "junk" AA system? Or Ukrainian rebels obtaining "junk" Russian weapons?

Old 06-21-2015, 01:30 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If all their systems are good as junk, then what is the big deal then? Why does the US and others spend hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons then? Why freak out at Iran obtaining some "junk" AA system? Or Ukrainian rebels obtaining "junk" Russian weapons?
There is no communication between expenses of the USA on the weapon and military threat from Russia. And Iran is compelled to buy Russian junk for one reason - the modern weapon to it do not sell any other country.
About bandits from Donbass it is such joke? You can provide though one document confirming the fact of official purchase of the weapon? But more, I can find a video, where russian bandits on Donbass reporting to Kurginyan (you know this name, yeah?) that Russia supplies old junk weapon to them and Russian granade launchers don't shoot and detonate in hands.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:51 PM

647 posts, read 797,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
There is no communication between expenses of the USA on the weapon and military threat from Russia. And Iran is compelled to buy Russian junk for one reason - the modern weapon to it do not sell any other country.
About bandits from Donbass it is such joke? You can provide though one document confirming the fact of official purchase of the weapon? But more, I can find a video, where russian bandits on Donbass reporting to Kurginyan (you know this name, yeah?) that Russia supplies old junk weapon to them and Russian granade launchers don't shoot and detonate in hands.
Man, your country just an area for geopolitical game between Russia and the US, and your words are nothing, because there will be peace in Ukraine only if Russia and the US will want it.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:12 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Russian S-300 is a quite modern weapons. China also uses these systems for their defenses. And if you look at different world conflicts of recent times, Russian weapons were used there always. Usually it is not expensive and reliable. Often these qualities (not expensive and reliable) are important in real war (as opposed to ceremonial parades).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe