Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 03:28 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Reading many of the naive posts on here, I can totally understand why an autocratic bully like Putin can hoodwink a vast population by pretending to be the strong man. And that he can re-draw internationally recognised boundaries by force. You people are so gullible, but then you have no history of democratic scrutiny. You only play with democracy.
And you people are not.
You keep on believing in your "democratic scrutiny," while in fact living off the fruits of plunder and corruption, all while pretending to be righteous and dandy.
I think some in "leafy London" need to pull their heads out of you know where.

"A recent investigation by the Financial Times found that more than a hundred billion pounds’ worth of real estate in England and Wales is owned by offshore companies. London properties account for two-thirds of that amount. Charles Moore, a former editor of the Telegraph, says that London’s property market has become “a form of legalized international money laundering.”"

London

Last edited by erasure; 05-30-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 03:38 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Well Erasure told everything right. This man in fact pranker, the same who communicated with Kolomoisky, on behalf of Pavel Gubarev. He told that he is colleague of captured "russian officers". People working on the show had a week to verify the information he gave them, but they preferred just to bring him on the air and there's result.
Erasure, what fake are you talking about? I hope you are talking about video with excecution of opolchenets and his pregnant wife. I still want to believe that it was just a fake
I believe it's a fake; Shariy makes a good case, starting form the fact that DNR doesn't want to disclose the names of that fighter and his "pregnant wife," although they claim it's all true.
Plus if you look closer, this whole thing looks like a staged performance to be honest; no names, no car plate numbers and the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2eLvPGds6E

Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Pretty bad situation if Porkochunko is stooping this low. Shakeasswilly is a total failure.

Kiev Ukraine News Blog: Ex-President Of Georgia To Lead Ukraine Region

Makes my skin crawl.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:46 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Re: 'Quite telling about the quality of Ukrainian media overall'

Well there are kind of two themes there, eh?

1. The quality and veracity of 'news' presented to people all over the face of the earth. Very important!

2. And last but not least the probability and extent of 'Russian military personnel in Ukraine. Very important! Russia says nyet nyet nyet nyet. Maybe one day they'll be forced to say da da da??

You know if they make 'Russian' cheese in Donetsk a lot of people sure think something smells..........;-)...

Old 05-31-2015, 04:44 PM

238 posts, read 198,480 times
Volunteer from USA tells about war in Donbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgB2bhFfEtM

Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Thanks for the vid. I think the producers of this were enamored of Bob Vila's 'This Old House' production of building destruction and construction. Too much propaganda. I'm afraid it does nothing to solve the great problem occurring Ukraine.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:58 AM

261 posts, read 256,639 times
An Assessment of the Factors behind Disparities in Health Status of EU-and former
Soviet Union countries
The explanatory variables of the health production function can explain 83-87% of
the cross-country differences in mortality rates. The most important contribution
comes from the past economic and political system represented by historical
structure of production and the present level of development. Economic and lifestyle
disadvantages turn out to be more harmful for men than women. The effects of health
expenditure and the geographical location of the country are similar for
the two genders. The effects of the relative prices of alcohol- and tobacco products,
the consumption of spirits and tobacco, and the share of the hidden economy are
significant explanatory factors for men, but non-significant for women.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:10 AM

261 posts, read 256,639 times
sorry, here is the link:
http://www.grincoh.eu/media/serie_5_...5.03_lacko.pdf

(I can no longer edit my post above)

Old 06-01-2015, 07:46 PM

566 posts, read 503,953 times
wiser words have never been said:<br>
U.S. Should Stay Out of the Russo-Ukrainian Quarrel: Why the Conflict in Ukraine Isn't America's Business, Part I | Cato Institute
<br><br>
"The conflict could go on for a long time, with Kiev and Moscow locked in a small hot war and the U.S. and Russia stuck in a larger Cold War lite. An extended confrontation would be in no one’s interest, especially America’s.<br>
The U.S. has made a habit of promiscuously meddling around the world."

Old 06-02-2015, 08:07 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
wiser words have never been said:<br>
U.S. Should Stay Out of the Russo-Ukrainian Quarrel: Why the Conflict in Ukraine Isn't America's Business, Part I | Cato Institute
<br><br>
"The conflict could go on for a long time, with Kiev and Moscow locked in a small hot war and the U.S. and Russia stuck in a larger Cold War lite. An extended confrontation would be in no one’s interest, especially America’s.<br>
The U.S. has made a habit of promiscuously meddling around the world."
U.S., Russia engage in Cold War-like 'chess match' over energy

Quote:
It’s a Cold War reprise, but not for military supremacy, and the points on the map aren’t troop deployments, tank battalions and missile silos. Rather, pipelines, ports and power plants are the weapons of what could prove a generation-defining conflict between the U.S. and Russia over how Europe heats and electrifies its homes.

Success, U.S. officials say, would mean finally “liberating” former Soviet states and satellites from decades of economic bullying by Moscow.
The goal is economic isolation. The old strategy of avoiding direct confrontation and forcing a collapse from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe