Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 01:55 AM

504 posts, read 465,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Trav-ric.

So as you can see Travric - nothing personal on Putin's side. Just business.

Nice one.

Fear of ingress of EU manufactured goods, so annex the country. Where is Russia on that peace index again?

And aren't the "byiznizzmen" becoming worried about getting spares for their Mercs and BMWs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 02:29 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
It seems to me Vlad is of late caving in to the West's blackmail and giving up Eastern Ukraine (at least is the analysis of Igor Strelkow), and I find that utterly sad.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Nice one.

Fear of ingress of EU manufactured goods, so annex the country. Where is Russia on that peace index again?

And aren't the "byiznizzmen" becoming worried about getting spares for their Mercs and BMWs?
Tell me why Ukrainian leaders do not sit down at negotiating table with the leaders of the breakaway republics? Why they continue to bomb peaceful cities? Rebel leaders are ready for a constructive dialogue. They are willing to discuss constitutional reform. Why Poroshenko not ready for it?

These issues are much more important than the issue of spare parts for Russian cars.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:06 AM

@ Maksim Frolov : have you heard of the history of Western Sahara ? the Moroccans had a (in my view legitimate) revendication on that former Spanish colony , contiguous to southern Morocco. What did they do ? instead of waging war , they sent hundreds of thousands of families during the "green march" in 1976 over the border to take possession of that territory, which since then is an integral part of the Kingdom of Morocco. There was a national mobilization of the civil society to "melt" W sahara into Morocco. Why do I mention this ? because the situation with the Donbass is pretty similar!
the region is to begin with contiguous to Russia . Already there is humanitarian aid and (I hope so although there is no proof of it contrary to what western propaganda is affirming) economic and military aid from the other side of the border.
But why isn't there -as in the case of Morocco vs. Western Sahara- a massive movement from Russian civil society over the border ,thus dissolving de facto that insane border, with hundred of thousands of people who would settle voluntarily in Donbass to build a bullwark gegen ukie expansionism ? the Russians seem strangely little involved , and it is a big mistake, because rught now the very future of Russia is decided in the Donbass.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:11 AM

Oh and by the way ... the US is one of the staunchest allies of Morocco and closed their eyes on the annexation of WS by Morocco....food for thought.....

Old 06-09-2015, 03:37 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
But why isn't there -as in the case of Morocco vs. Western Sahara- a massive movement from Russian civil society over the border ,thus dissolving de facto that insane border, with hundred of thousands of people who would settle voluntarily in Donbass to build a bullwark gegen ukie expansionism ? the Russians seem strangely little involved , and it is a big mistake, because rught now the very future of Russia is decided in the Donbass.
As far as I know, Russian border guards are not allowed across the border people, who do not have military experience. Also, number and density of Russian population is not sufficient for mass migration.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:49 AM

As far as I know, Russian border guards are not allowed across the border people, who do not have military experience. Also, number and density of Russian population is not sufficient for mass migration.

Oh come on that's no excuse! there is not such a big population density in Morocco either! and your border guards are de facto working for the Ukies if they hinder people to come to Donbass! think about it.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:49 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Re: 'Tell me why Ukrainian leaders do not sit down at negotiating table with the leaders of the breakaway republics? Why they continue to bomb peaceful cities? Rebel leaders are ready for a constructive dialogue. They are willing to discuss constitutional reform. Why Poroshenko not ready for it?'

Maksm...two to tango right? I'd say I had the same thoughts of negotiation of those niggling economic issues. There has been to my consternation a situation of 'no sittee, no talkee....;-)....the muteness of possible deliberation is deafening! Poor not ready for it? How about Vlad? He sure don't look like he's ready for 'economic prime time!' ...;-)...

Old 06-09-2015, 12:08 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Oh and by the way ... the US is one of the staunchest allies of Morocco and closed their eyes on the annexation of WS by Morocco....food for thought.....
The most comparable situation is Yugoslavia where the US provided military and economic aid to the individual republics in the Yugoslav federation separately. It's codified in the 1991 Foreign Operations Appropriations Act. They were seeking a breakup of Yugoslavia, while in this case, the US seeks to keep Crimean and Eastern Ukraine in the fold after having engineered a coup in Kiev.

Congress was recently debating a similar bill for Iraq.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:01 PM

@ Ichoro : so in fact what you are saying is that the "king is naked", the US has no consistent international doctrine anymore (as in the Kissinger era with the doctrine of "containment") , it acts fickle like a headless duck on the spur of the moment and following the mood of the politicians of the day or the media hype of the day,, condoning the Anschluss of former Spanish Sahara by Morocco one day, closing its eyes on the turkish invasion of northern Cyprus another day, financing the dislocation of Yugoslavia another day, supporting ungibus et rostro the legality of Ukraine's borders as established by Soviet leaders Stalin and Khrutchev (!!!!!), not mentioning of course the mother of all disasters , its schizophrenic policies in the Middle East ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe