Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 10:00 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: 'a war is a war'

Indeed. Can I suggest a plea to Putin to call off the dogs? He may listen! It's his play. Always has.
A lot of what you call "his dogs" are not "his dogs" at all. These are Russians that came to help out other Russians in the region that didn't want anything to do with the nationalists, who played the major part in change of the government and were given a free hand. This was one of the major reasons why there were huge rallies in the East.
No one needs this scum; if anything, Putin didn't do his job.
I hope you follow the latest news on Ukraine; this is already not the Eastern part of the country, but Western part of it.
We can only hope that Pravy Sector would call his dogs off Donbass and send them to fight that "liberal government" in Kiev.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_VpfGkgJg

Tensions rising in Ukraine as far-right militia

Last edited by erasure; 07-17-2015 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Then where should Ukraine's borders be?
Here it is - for starters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ut-in-ukraine/

(As for Western regions, added to "Ukraine" later by Stalin at expense of other neighboring countries after the WWII - that I can google later.)

Crimea - that's a known case; it was adjoined to Ukraine by Khrushev back in the 50ies.

So when Ukrainian government doesn't behave itself...))))
This house of cards is bound to fall apart.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:35 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Radio Liberty: "UAF are shelling Donetsk in response to rebels shelling Donetsk"

Here is the actual language: “The ATO* spokesmen [Major General Taran and colonel Sergei Galushko] have presented proof that Donetsk is being shelled by the rebels themselves, in order to provoke return fire from the UAF forces, and then blame them for shelling Donetsk.”

So, here is the reality as presented by "Voice of Langley" in East Europe:

The rebels start randomly shelling their own families in Donetsk. UAF see it, get “provoked” by somebody else doing their job, and start indiscriminately shelling Donetsk as well.

Radio Liberty: "UAF are shelling Donetsk in response to rebels shelling Donetsk" - Fort Russ

Old 07-21-2015, 02:55 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: 'the liberal government in Kiev'

Boy, something tells me the more those 'lil doggies 'keep intimidating the current Ukrainian government the more the heels will be dug in. At this point I'd think it dangerous for Vlad to take
an excursion to Kiev and 'show those Nazis who's boss'. I'd suggest he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in the court of public opinion. He'd be asking to get punched in the face. Right now I'd think it better if his doggies eat jello rather than hacks of meat. Better for the digestion...too much stomach aches in that part of the world..;-)...btw when WILL this war wind down? We've been discussing this for quite a while.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Re: 'the liberal government in Kiev'

Boy, something tells me the more those 'lil doggies 'keep intimidating the current Ukrainian government the more the heels will be dug in. At this point I'd think it dangerous for Vlad to take
an excursion to Kiev and 'show those Nazis who's boss'. I'd suggest he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in the court of public opinion. He'd be asking to get punched in the face. Right now I'd think it better if his doggies eat jello rather than hacks of meat. Better for the digestion...too much stomach aches in that part of the world..;-)...btw when WILL this war wind down? We've been discussing this for quite a while.
Trav-ric. Keep up with events, will ya?
It's not the 'lil doggies" intimidating the current "liberal" Ukrainian government, but the Nazi, the Nationalists, Pravy Sector and whatever bozos are with them.

It started with a recent stand-up in their stronghold, in Western provinces, but now it reached Kiev.
That's them, on the very Maidan, (the Independence Square,) holding the rally "Down with the government of traitors" ( i.e. Poroshenko Yatzenuk et al.)
I kid you not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=71&v=Q-xNPCdV464

Last edited by erasure; 07-21-2015 at 07:17 PM..

Old 07-22-2015, 03:05 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I'd rather have Pravyi Sektor in power in Kiev than Chocolatenko, because being openly fascists, they would lose all Western and Obamanite support. And frankly I don't believe they would exceed the cruelty towards the populace of the Donbass of the current government of Kiev, which has already set the standards pretty high.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:33 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re:Pravy Sektor

You know at this point there are not simply one of these kinds of parties practicing around in Europe but many. A part of the times. Now I'd think Vlad would love those guys obviously because it makes his job and goals easier namely have the opponent ripping themselves up to shreds. Implosion by Pravy! Saves a lot of time and materiel and discussion in the Russian high command. Wouldn't be surprised at all if provacateurs are having breakfast lunch and dinner in the cafes of Kiev. Such a glorious time for developing mayhem...;-)...

I would agree PS is ultra ultra nationalist and with all that entails cannot be dismissed. Of course I would detest that turn of events if they caused a coup since it is an u der statement to suggest they follow democratic principles. So with that I figure the patient will be looking forward to a heart attack and Russia will never ever supply the medicine. In fact she'll make sure death comes quicker to that plot of land. One big mess there one big mess.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I'd rather have Pravyi Sektor in power in Kiev than Chocolatenko, because being openly fascists, they would lose all Western and Obamanite support. And frankly I don't believe they would exceed the cruelty towards the populace of the Donbass of the current government of Kiev, which has already set the standards pretty high.
Agree. At least this would stop dumb, pretentious questions like "where do you see the nationalists" or "where do you see Bandera followers" once and for all.

P.S. They can't "exceed cruelty towards the populace of Donbass" because for the most part they are that force that implements the cruelty on behalf of Kiev's government; they are those mad dogs that "liberal government" uses for this purpose. At least that's how it worked until now, but the relations between nationalists and "liberals" ( two major forces behind "Maidan revolution") are strained by now, which was quite predictable. We'll see how it will work out after all.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Re:Pravy Sektor

You know at this point there are not simply one of these kinds of parties practicing around in Europe but many. A part of the times. Now I'd think Vlad would love those guys obviously because it makes his job and goals easier namely have the opponent ripping themselves up to shreds. Implosion by Pravy! Saves a lot of time and materiel and discussion in the Russian high command. Wouldn't be surprised at all if provacateurs are having breakfast lunch and dinner in the cafes of Kiev. Such a glorious time for developing mayhem...;-)...
Oh phleease. Some bozos in Ukraine are already coming up with conspiracy theories that Putin pays to Pravy sector to "destroy the revolution." Yeah right. He was probably paying them on Maidan too - 10 bucks for every Molotov cocktail or something.

Quote:
I would agree PS is ultra ultra nationalist and with all that entails cannot be dismissed. Of course I would detest that turn of events if they caused a coup since it is an u der statement to suggest they follow democratic principles. So with that I figure the patient will be looking forward to a heart attack and Russia will never ever supply the medicine. In fact she'll make sure death comes quicker to that plot of land. One big mess there one big mess.
Of course Putin did and still does uses the internal conflict in Ukraine for his own advantage and why wouldn't he? It's business, nothing personal. Russian oligarchs and their money are closely intertwined with Ukrainian oligarchs ( from Eastern part of the country in particular from what I know,) and their money. And money as you know rule in today's Russia above anything else. After all this idea came there straight from the US - Russian elite only tweaked it a bit, removing some inconvenient obstacles. But that doesn't mean that the US is trailing far behind.

What Do the Koch Brothers Want? - Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont

( Those are people that funded the governor of the state where I reside, during an attempt to recall him. So yeah, while you are all indignation when it comes to Putin, I see some stuff happening around me too. And it ain't good stuff either. )

Old 07-25-2015, 12:24 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
A lot of what you call "his dogs" are not "his dogs" at all. These are Russians that came to help out other Russians in the region that didn't want anything to do with the nationalists, who played the major part in change of the government
You mean Russian nazis invade another nation they deem inferior, whose identity they are determined to wipe out in order to build Russian Reich capable holding its own against scheming Anglo Saxons. Russian nazis are very clear and vocal about their objectives in Ukraine, you dont need to lie, we all have ears, not propagandizing is hard for you being a Russian nazi yourself, you lie and shill for, but stay away from the Russian Mordor. It is a smart thing to do. I envision a thread " The Future of Russia" on cd.

As for Donbass people it is a stretch to call them "Russian". They are a product of the Soviet assimilation/russification policies, the people in transition who've lost their ethnic identities to be dissolved in something that ceased to exist - Soviet identity, a mix of the Russified tribes extolling the virtues and superiority of the Russian people/culture yet stopping a tad short of the considering themselves ethnic Russians. "Luckily" after fall of USSR Donetsk mafioso and Russian fascists took over the task of forging a new identity for those hapless, lost people while Ukraine (ruled by the same mafioso) just watched mafioso forging their own fortress openly hostile to Ukraine. Assimilation/loss of identity is a tricky business, most of Donbass people are ethnic Ukrainians who've lost identity and language of their ancestors while physically remaining in Ukraine, I would imagine it is deeply traumatic experience forcing some to lose their marbles and repeat the same Russian nazi garbage you spout in this thread, after all you are a Russified minority yourself, from what I remember, you share that trauma with them.

Many Donbass residents betrayed their country to join invading Russian nazis, but they are just puppets, stupid lost puppets who destroyed their miserable but home to be on a leash of the Russian Fuhrer. They decided and decide nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe