Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 10:06 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well you are wrong.
There is no "independent Ukraine" after Nuland officially acknowledged 5 billion dollars spent on "democracy" in Ukraine, after American officials arrived on Maidan, after Baiden's son got a lucrative job in Ukrainian gas company and so on.
Some naive Ukrainians think that Maidan is all about "Ukrainian independence," but there is no such thing. Those who pay, order the music.
I am just saying that till very recently at least westerners and people outside eastern europe considered just Russia as "something important" and all other countries were considered "pro-russian". The image of bulgarians abroad is as "russian speaking pro-putin communists" - I've lived many years abroad (in dubai - where most people are arabs, indians, english etc. so I got that...).

However when the Ukrainians showed that they aren't pro-putin, then the westerners still cannot understand how a country like that can be independent...especially since Ukraine till 2012 was considered just a country that serves as a source of mail-order brides.

The westerners are still confused I am afraid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 10:10 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The “Snipers ’ Massacre” on the Maidan in Ukraine

The
Quote:
The new government that came to power largely as a result of the massacre falsified its investigation, while the Ukrainian media helped to misrepresent this mass killing of the protesters and the police. The evidence indicates that the far right and oligarchic parties played a key role in the violent overthrow of the corrupt and oligarchic but democratically elected government in Ukraine. This academic investigation also brings new important questions that need to be addressed.
Looks like Canadians need to publish a scientific paper to state the obvious

Old 02-23-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Here's a link that can be overlooked as "yet another random news" but there's something in this I found to be very interesting:

http://dnr-news.com/dnr/15257-komand...iem-kieva.html

"Свою позицию командир озвучил в интервью, видео которого опубликовано на официальной странице полка «Азов» в Вконтакте. По его словам, «февральские договоренности являются лишь малодушием» со стороны Украины, которое Киев допустил под давлением России и Запада."

Russia AND the west. I am tired of desperate attempts of the american media to call ukrainians fighting on the "kiev's side" to be "pro-american". Why would the western ukrainians be be pro-american and pro-western? How is america related to ukraine and/or how many of them are planning to immigrate to america or even simpler question: how many ukrainians know how tom brady is?

There are just 2 sides of the conflict: Pro-russian and independent ukraine.

I think.

This is very ideologically correct. If Kiev served all the people of Ukraine in the first-place there would be little need to fight.

I hear Porosheno's approval rating is around 47%, and without getting to the bottom of it, I am going to assume the 47% comes from west Ukraine.

But I have not heard any-one speak of Independent Ukraine, since before Maidan. They are talking about Ukraine join one side or the other. So as well as he sounds, the masters that he serves are not on the same page with him.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:38 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: "If Kiev served all the people of Ukraine in the first-place there would be little need to fight"

Cough cough I'm kind of gagging there! Perhaps with a more stable government Kiev could naturally work things out if given the chance. They have many daunting things on their plate. But I'm afraid it is perfectly evident that Ukraine will not be given the chance. When barrels of guns are pointed at a populace, it is hard to think of tomorrow when death awaits today. It would appear Kiev's political and social current and future ministrations cannot compete with a people figuring out just how to live and survive in and I'll say it again a criminal war.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:07 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Well you are wrong.
There is no "independent Ukraine" after Nuland officially acknowledged 5 billion dollars spent on "democracy" in Ukraine, after American officials arrived on Maidan, after Baiden's son got a lucrative job in Ukrainian gas company and so on.
Some naive Ukrainians think that Maidan is all about "Ukrainian independence," but there is no such thing. Those who pay, order the music.
Yeah, yeah, 5 billions to promote democratic institutions, rule of law, education, exchange, media etc. spread over 23 years, that's a killer Russian nazi argument. It's not like post soviet feudal societies figured those things out for themselves or something. Comrade Erasure unravels yet another conspiracy which is 100% public access. How much, for what, to whom, everything is public.

The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a U.S. non-profit soft power organization that was founded in 1983 to promote democracy abroad. It is funded primarily through an annual allocation from U.S. Congress in the form of a grant awarded through the United States Information Agency (USIA).

Yet, comrade Erasure conveniently forgets that in the past 23 years Russia received billions of American help designed to promote freedom and democracy to no avail, Russian peasants like it rough and lawless, as long as their Fuhrer will invade something every 5 years or so. I just cite USAID help, but USAID was not the only donor, some sources estimate total amount of the foreign aid to Russia close to 200 billions over the past 23 year, 200 billions wasted on the homicidal ingrates and lairs with mania of grandeur.

Over the past two decades, USAID has provided assistance that has helped the Russian people improve public health and combat infectious diseases, protect the environment, develop a stronger civil society, and modernize their economy. As Russia has grown into a middle income country, the nature of USAID’s work has evolved beyond primarily providing technical assistance with a large focus on collaboration. By 2012, the majority of USAID’s engagement revolved around the promotion of an open and innovative society in Russia and a strengthened partnership between the U.S. and Russia.

USAID in Russia | U.S. Agency for International Development

President Vladimir Putin is expelling the U.S. Agency for International Development, the State Department said Tuesday, another in a series of *ever-more-aggressive measures meant to limit the work of Russian activists who support democracy, protect human rights and promote fair elections.

The move closes a two-decade window, open since the end of the Cold War, that has allowed the American aid agency to operate fairly freely in Russia while providing $2.6 billion in assistance.

Russia boots out USAID - The Washington Post

It's not about aid, comrade erasure, it's about slavish mentality of your people seeking domination of others to validate their miserable everyday existence.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-23-2015 at 11:49 AM..

Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 AM

We have seen how American democracy ignored the referendums passed by different regions of Ukraine. American foreign policy is using "democracy" rhetoric to sell oppression world wide.

I still remember selling democracy to Iraq. Now we have to go and sell it again...

Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
When one accuses a president of their country of being a spy for another country, you will have to forgive me, but that person starts to look delusional.
It's not like we don't know where the former Ukrainian government brass fled with all those state "secrets" and stolen money, and some of those guys got fat jobs linked with Russian government. Ousted Yanukovich is openly used by the Russian propaganda to achieve their goals in Ukraine, Yanukovich clan finances some of the Russian hybrid efforts. One would guess that a president who appointed Russian agents to the key posts in his government didn't do that because of naiveté. Also, many sources point to Putin making his decision to attack Ukraine before Yanukovich fled Kiev. It's quite possible he deserted his post to accommodate Russian wishes, annexing Crimea while Yanukovich was in power would be a tough sell, with Yanukovich gone, and all 1,500 members of Pravii sector demonized, Russia had space for propaganda maneuvers.

The stuff written below wouldn't be possible without active cooperation of the guys holding key posts in Ukrainian government.

Mark Galeotti | Why Ukraine Is Losing the Intelligence War to Russia | Foreign Affairs

Russian intelligence services have for decades maintained a firm foothold in Ukraine—a presence with roots in Soviet history when the Ukrainian security apparatus was simply the local branch of the KGB. Russian operatives, most commonly working for the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), the KGB’s successor, permeate Ukrainian police and intelligence agencies. Russia sympathizers and agents, many of whom belong to the GRU, Russia's resurgent military intelligence agency, fill the Ukrainian army ranks. Equipped with an array of tools—from embedded spies to communications intercepts—the GRU is tasked with locating Ukrainian military units, uncovering their plans, and conducting paramilitary operations against them. The Russian Foreign Intelligence Service and Ministry of Internal Affairs, likewise, have also built extensive networks in the country. In particular, the Ministry of Internal Affairs’ long-standing relationship with its local counterpart, the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, has allowed the agency to easily identify Ukrainian counterparts amenable to FSB recruitment

Old 02-23-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
We have seen how American democracy ignored the referendums passed by different regions of Ukraine. American foreign policy is using "democracy" rhetoric to sell oppression world wide.

I still remember selling democracy to Iraq. Now we have to go and sell it again...
Hitler' referendum in Sudetenland in 1938 was a pinnacle of democracy compared to the Russian scams in Ukraine in 2014, and yet, it was ignored too; more than that Czechs ethnically cleansed the Germans from their 700 old home in Sudetenland as a punishment for the treason. You don't have to sell democracy to Ukrainians, one must get a homicidal wannabe empire off their back.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:01 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Cuba just booted out a USAID humanitarian aid contractor for bringing in communications equipment designed to evade government detection.

Quote:
Although Cuban President Raul Castro called Gross a spy, U.S. officials insist he was not. For its part, USAID has defended its actions in Cuba — which included a controversial effort to set up a social media app for Cubans called ZunZuneo, a program the AP said was intended to stir unrest in Cuba.
Here's The Part Of Alan Gross' Story That Obama Hasn't Been Talking About

Old 02-23-2015, 02:27 PM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Quote:

Hmmm... I wonder why it has got bombed.
I think it was bombed not because of the reasons you talked about. I'll finish reading new posts and explain why, if nobody else did it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe