Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 03:54 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times

Advertisements

Re:"When he will get tired to write this crap and leave this topic?"

You know really the points made are correct in assessing the situation. How can it be denied? As knowledgable pundits have proclaimed, 'The bear is on the loose' ......and the teeth and claws are being bared to the 'evil' and 'decadent' West. If there were geiger-counters placed on the European continent the count of 'Russian' activity in the affairs of nations would light the lands up like a Christmas tree.

We can't delve completely into Putin's mind but his actions could indicate an anti-Western mind-set driven now by jealousy, anger and I wouldn't say absolute hatred but rather absolutely intense dislike for 'democracy'. Thus his vitriol at Ukraine's ostensible move to the West.

The audacity of that is that he not only makes war but that war is to drive social and political behavior within the country. He actually wants to 'govern' Ukraine along that view. Will Ukraine bow to that? If he thinks that he is a fool. If he comes for them, Ukraine will certainly make ready to dig graves for Russian fighters. They will be a great adversary if this conflict widens. We will see if he pursues his advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 04:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

You know really the points made are correct in assessing the situation. How can it be denied? As knowledgable pundits have proclaimed, 'The bear is on the loose' ......and the teeth and claws are being bared to the 'evil' and 'decadent' West. If there were geiger-counters placed on the European continent the count of 'Russian' activity in the affairs of nations would light the lands up like a Christmas tree.

We can't delve completely into Putin's mind but his actions could indicate an anti-Western mind-set driven now by jealousy, anger and I wouldn't say absolute hatred but rather absolutely intense dislike for 'democracy'. Thus his vitriol at Ukraine's ostensible move to the West.

The audacity of that is that he not only makes war but that war is to drive social and political behavior within the country. He actually wants to 'govern' Ukraine along that view. Will Ukraine bow to that? If he thinks that he is a fool. If he comes for them, Ukraine will certainly make ready to dig graves for Russian fighters. They will be a great adversary if this conflict widens. We will see if he pursues his advantage.

Travric, let's face the truth - the US faltered big time in its policies in the nineties. It's time to pay for consequences.
Being in denial won't help, as much as this fella would like to push his nationalist agenda.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Erasure, almost) It was yestreday, we celebrated Defender of the Fatherland day.
As for Remembermee, I have what to say on his accusations, but don't see a reason.
I think it's forbidden now to celebrate it elsewhere in the rest of Ukraine? Hasn't it been recently outlawed?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:13 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

The Russian bear was foraging Taiga for berries and then some-one organized a gay pride parade to antagonize him.

You still fail to acknowledge the population of Ukraine that is not with Maidan, and are actually very aggressively against it. These Ukrainians live both in Ukraine and abroad. These people are more familiar with the bear and think of him as cuddly little cub.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:52 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,991,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
The Russian bear was foraging Taiga for berries and then some-one organized a gay pride parade to antagonize him.

You still fail to acknowledge the population of Ukraine that is not with Maidan, and are actually very aggressively against it. These Ukrainians live both in Ukraine and abroad. These people are more familiar with the bear and think of him as cuddly little cub.
I believe you have a point! In my country (based on what I see in real life and what I've seen on my FB feed), Russians and Ukrainians still get on as if nothing's happened! That says a lot in my opinion!

Last edited by mrconfusion87; 02-24-2015 at 09:40 PM..

Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
When he will get tired to write this crap and leave this topic?
Good question. I think it's his paycheck so as long as it pays the rent and bills he's likely to be around. What other reason can there be for the amount of effort put into this? I won't write off pure fanaticism (mental issues) but he has to eat.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Good question. I think it's his paycheck so as long as it pays the rent and bills he's likely to be around. What other reason can there be for the amount of effort put into this? I won't write off pure fanaticism (mental issues) but he has to eat.
Same reason as for banned "Amok." Purely Russian reason - a lot of passion; (negative or positive - it's a different question.) This particular topic is his obsession; he wants this world to operate the way he sees it fit. He really-really wants make people see things his way - his own likes and dislikes. And he hates anything and everything that interferes with it.
Quite typical for certain type of Russian males - young ones in particular.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:02 PM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think it's forbidden now to celebrate it elsewhere in the rest of Ukraine? Hasn't it been recently outlawed?
As they say, it is not recommended, but in fact the holiday is forbidden. At shools in Mariupol were special comissions which watched for kids in case girls will congradulate boys. One woman was fired because she congradulated her colleagues with this holiday. That's what I know from news, but I am sure such cases were everywhere

Old 02-24-2015, 10:03 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
re: " Travric, let's face the truth - the US faltered big time in its policies in the nineties. It's time to pay for consequences. Being in denial won't help, as much as this fella would like to push his nationalist agenda"

Would like? Vlad seems to be doing ok in his agenda! It was ironic really to see 'Defender of the Fatherland' batted about because the old boy is using separatist armies (and 'with a little help from friends' )to keep pressing itself into more and more of Ukrainian territory. Poroshenko ideally needs to be charging Vlad alot of rent for that business. No doubt US sanctions will probably pick that up.

Waiting now for the newsreels showing Putin 'on the March'...if it's Tuesday it'll be Mariupol...if it's Thursday look to Odessa . Sunday will be big...Kiev! Nothing like travel to see the sites in Ukraine. Really the country needs a break. Vlad's so busy with his machinations that he doesn't give them time to speak and help to decide AMONG THEMSELVES on their political destinations. Hopefully it will happen and it would be good to see Ukrainian signs that say 'Putin bye bye'.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
I believe you have a point! In my country (based on what I see in real life and what I've seen on my FB feed), Russians and Ukrainians still get on as if nothing's happened! That says a lot in my opinion!
I see a different picture on-line.
The mutual hatred is sky-high on one hand, with barrage of accusations and obscenities flying both ways, and at the same time a fair amount of people coming out and refusing to participate in all this, reminding each other of family ties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe