Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think what the real people of Ukraine really want is peace and stability. These Right Sector people I simply do not trust. They want a "pure Ukraine", what does that entail?

I fully understand that the Yanukovich government was corrupt but what do they have now? An American puppet setting up the country to be raped. Farmers are going to be pushed off land that they have owned for generations when they can't pay the higher property taxes. Corporations like Monsanto and Cargill will move in and buy it cheap. Old people have had their pensions cut and prices are sky rocketing. It seems to me the attitude of the current regime is just to let them all die off of starvation and disease.

Pretty cute how the son of vice president got into his position too. Maybe a Ukrainian should be there, up at the top. Never going to happen.

There's no way you're going to paint this pig boy.

I think Ukrainians are in for a very hard time, all thanks to people like you.
I don't see this happening either. American puppet is deemed corrupt by the Whitehouse and Ukraine is no where near a place that is safe for US investor. They have a revolution every 7 years with a corrupt court system... Porshenko is not going to get me to invest in Ukraine, and even if the next guy does make Ukraine favorable for investments there is always threat of another revolution.

Under Yanukovich there were no wars, people had shelter and food, now what do they have ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 02:57 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
I don't see this happening either. American puppet is deemed corrupt by the Whitehouse and Ukraine is no where near a place that is safe for US investor. They have a revolution every 7 years with a corrupt court system... Porshenko is not going to get me to invest in Ukraine, and even if the next guy does make Ukraine favorable for investments there is always threat of another revolution.
No private investors probably will not. Taxpayers will. They'll just set up a scheme where the US taxpayers give money to "Ukraine" (read corporations) to "enable the blooming of liberty, freedom and democracy". Corporations "invest in freedom, democracy and liberty" with some bribes and a couple of schools and a hospital here and there. After the freedom loving, liberated democratic people of Ukraine are in their place (sweating in the fields and digging through garbage bins) and the fields of GM corn, wheat, barley and beets are harvested for the first time the profits will go to the corporate share holders.

You're a taxpayer Dpolo. You'll invest and so will offspring and their children also, like it or not.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No private investors probably will not. Taxpayers will. They'll just set up a scheme where the US taxpayers give money to "Ukraine" (read corporations) to "enable the blooming of liberty, freedom and democracy". Corporations "invest in freedom, democracy and liberty" with some bribes and a couple of schools and a hospital here and there. After the freedom loving, liberated democratic people of Ukraine are in their place (sweating in the fields and digging through garbage bins) and the fields of GM corn, wheat, barley and beets are harvested for the first time the profits will go to the corporate share holders.

You're a taxpayer Dpolo. You'll invest and so will offspring and their children also, like it or not.
Other then spiting Putin, how consequential is Ukraine to us in the US ? American's don't care about Ukraine, maybe taxpayer money will go to pay for military bases, but that's about it. There is nothing in Ukraine that we might want.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 PM

Final count of NAF trophies: 187 Tanks, 124 APCs, 110 Arty, 24 MLRS, 278 mortars, 139 trucks, 500+ tonnes of munition. I'd take 1/3 off.

Quote:
Other then spiting Putin, how consequential is Ukraine to us in the US ? American's don't care about Ukraine, maybe taxpayer money will go to pay for military bases, but that's about it. There is nothing in Ukraine that we might want.

Things like this serve many purposes but the main point I think is Americans (citizens) don't matter in this. It's not what Americans want, it's what American elites want. What do they want? Opportunity to acquire money/power. Some don't really care and have had a hardon for Russia their entire lives. Look at Hillary Clinton, she specialized in Soviet studies at Oxford. People have made a career out of messing with Russia. It's said the the US arms industry would have collapsed decades ago were it not for the USSR along with a large part of the US economy. John McInsane has flash backs about his "torture" in N Viet Nam and has the US arms industry so deep inside his arse he owes them every bit of joy he's ever known.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:09 PM

Count from Debaltseve, take with salt but it seems in the area I would take 30% off. Trophies wrecks loot.

187 Tanks, 124 APCs, 110 Arty, 24 MLRS, 278 mortars, 139 trucks, 500+ tonnes of munition.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Final count of NAF trophies: 187 Tanks, 124 APCs, 110 Arty, 24 MLRS, 278 mortars, 139 trucks, 500+ tonnes of munition. I'd take 1/3 off.

Things like this serve many purposes but the main point I think is Americans (citizens) don't matter in this. It's not what Americans want, it's what American elites want. What do they want? Opportunity to acquire money/power. Some don't really care and have had a hardon for Russia their entire lives. Look at Hillary Clinton, she specialized in Soviet studies at Oxford. People have made a career out of messing with Russia. It's said the the US arms industry would have collapsed decades ago were it not for the USSR along with a large part of the US economy. John McInsane has flash backs about his "torture" in N Viet Nam and has the US arms industry so deep inside his arse he owes them every bit of joy he's ever known.

I don't think that the elite show their face to the public in the US. It's who stands behind the guy. Since this guy controls corporations, that's where the funding comes from. Elites run countries, that's how it's always has been with human history.

Sad for America, I thought it was a free country and then I see Soviet Style Propaganda on CNN, had it been about any other country, I would have believed it too. But I know about Russia and Ukraine. So they lie about other countries to.

Obama was arguing with Putin before the Olympics. McKane could not do anything without Obama, the orders come from Obama.

Putin told Hillary "Weakness is not a bad quality in a woman." I don't think Hillary can win elections, so if she gets democratic primary the one running against her will win.

The way I remember Putin did not leave Georgia alone, until he disarmed em.... And I am reading in the news that Ukraine is getting weapons from US and Poland and Brits to help em train with those weapons. So it might not be over yet.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I don't think that the elite show their face to the public in the US. It's who stands behind the guy. Since this guy controls corporations, that's where the funding comes from. Elites run countries, that's how it's always has been with human history.
I'm not sure whom you are referring too and yes, elites do run countries. Look to Catherine The Great as an example.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure whom you are referring too and yes, elites do run countries. Look to Catherine The Great as an example.

I mean that powerful people do not run for government here, in the US, they buy career politicians through legal channels. . At least that's how I see it.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:06 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I mean that powerful people do not run for government here, in the US, they buy career politicians through legal channels. . At least that's how I see it.
Generally, different people may run at the head of a ticket but the staff of political, economic, and national security advisors are the same for each party from one election to the next. Obama may have some national security people carried over from the Bush administration, but most advisors came from the Clinton camp.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Generally, different people may run at the head of a ticket but the staff of political, economic, and national security advisors are the same for each party from one election to the next. Obama may have some national security people carried over from the Bush administration, but most advisors came from the Clinton camp.
I don't know, but we always thought Obama was bad at foreign policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe