Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 09:45 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Thank you for the video and links. Good work. I had not seen the one with the blond woman and the behavior of her assailants is atrocious and totally unnecessary. At worst she should simply have been put on a train to Kiev. I do know that there are people in Novorussia who have the same thoughts she does. They don't want their country split, they never wanted war.

Bottom line is they MUST be heard too. Both sides must be heard. Unfortunately when games like this are played by people who value life so little this is what we get. The insanity drowns people like her and the artist.

I will stand by my assessment though, the Kiev junta and the western powers are to blame for this mess. The Ukraine should be a bridge between Russia and Europe, that is where Ukraine will benefit most. Russia should become part of NATO as should Ukraine.

Sadly, nutters in high places can not have such a thing.
NATO only exists because Europe is afraid of Russia. If Russia enters NATO there would be no reason for NATO to exist at all. Ukraine is a buffer zone, they should be neutral between NATO and Russia.

Even both of them entering EU is problematic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 09:48 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
I didn't read comments Just interesting video
I've actually read the comments - quite funny))))

-It's warm outside now, otherwise the bear sleeps on my rug in the hallway.
-You go guys, keep on feeding him. Next thing you know - he won't let you out of the house unless he was fed.
- You could have invited him to a dinner table; you are not hospitable enough, the Russian way.
-Sure thing, we'll invite him - the next will be half-liter of vodka and dancing.
-Do they know that every Russian has a troyka of bears; one is guarding the house, another one is entertaining children while playing on balalaika)))
-That doesn't look like Russia; in Russia bears live in the houses, while people are all drunkards and bears feed them out of compassion.
-And mine has torn balalaika apart with his claws. I bought the new strings today; he is like son to me, can't deny him.
- C'mon, it's Sakhalin. The geologists are feeding their chum.

I saw such videos before. I assume bears come close to people in those areas ( Sakhalin in this case) and get used to small treats.

I bet that "Russian nazi" turned it into some political agenda, judging by your reaction?

Old 02-26-2015, 09:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
---------
I ........ i
I ....... O
I......... i
I ....... / \
I
I
I

That is what's going to happen to Selena. So party while it's still on.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the video and links. Good work. I had not seen the one with the blond woman and the behavior of her assailants is atrocious and totally unnecessary. At worst she should simply have been put on a train to Kiev. I do know that there are people in Novorussia who have the same thoughts she does. They don't want their country split, they never wanted war.
I think I know the case you are talking about.
I remember it was all over the news - the story of some ( blond?) women being humiliated and tortured by the locals and LNR? soldiers? ( Wasn't it somewhere in Lugansk?) She was not treated this way because of her "thoughts." The locals were convinced that she was setting "tracking devices" in the area - not sure about the correct military terminology for it - to guide the enemy artillery. Don't forget that locals suffered immensely from Ukrainian bombing, and those devices were found in mines including. ( Not set by her in that particular case of course, but obviously they were some local people collaborating with Ukrainian troops, so the locals thought she was one of them, hence her ordeal.)

http://nnm.me/blogs/serena89/v-donec...kih-karateley/

Quote:
Bottom line is they MUST be heard too. Both sides must be heard. Unfortunately when games like this are played by people who value life so little this is what we get. The insanity drowns people like her and the artist.

I will stand by my assessment though, the Kiev junta and the western powers are to blame for this mess. The Ukraine should be a bridge between Russia and Europe, that is where Ukraine will benefit most. Russia should become part of NATO as should Ukraine.

Sadly, nutters in high places can not have such a thing.
The bottom line I think is that Kiev's government, as much as it's proclaiming "European values" have the same disregard for human life as the party they accuse of all kind of faults. So far more pretences, but the bottom line is the same - kill in order to reach your goals.
DNR/LNR - they are within their own "element." "Discipline," "left ideas" and the rest. They have experience how to survive through the centuries and are not in denial, unlike the other party.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 AM

It Says, come out Obama, we have to talk.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Final count of NAF trophies: 187 Tanks, 124 APCs, 110 Arty, 24 MLRS, 278 mortars, 139 trucks, 500+ tonnes of munition. I'd take 1/3 off.
I am more appalled by the number of killed (Ukrainian troops) they've mentioned another day (can't find it right away to give the link.)
Over 3,000 in Debaltsevo cauldron.
Can it be true?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:21 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
^
Who would be puttung out the figures? In this age of tons and tons and tons of information being produced 'truth' always seems to be precarious.

One has to be struck by the Russian perception by its representatives that they would hold beliefs that ''foreign invaders' now in the Ukraine, also termed 'armed foreign invaders', 'fifth column personnel', 'armed occupiers','fascists', 'Nazis', are ready for an attack on Russia itself. Ukraine is only the preparation. From that it is evident to see how the country views the war there as really a 'defensive-liberation' war.

It is fascinating to see WWii imagery cropping up in the reasons why Russia must destroy the 'Nazis' at any cost in Ukraine. For if they don't the 'invaders' will come after them and they are helped by insidious unpatriotic fifth columnists who also greased the way for Hitler prior to his invasion. With great info like this no wonder 99% believe in the war and Putin's way. Powerful stuff but it could only be only instilling more fear into the population where the 'truth' delivered to them is unfortunately based on fiction. Don't know where they can get it and the mass media sure ain't helping.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
^
Who would be puttung out the figures? In this age of tons and tons and tons of information being produced 'truth' always seems to be precarious.

One has to be struck by the Russian perception by its representatives that they would hold beliefs that ''foreign invaders' now in the Ukraine, also termed 'armed foreign invaders', 'fifth column personnel', 'armed occupiers','fascists', 'Nazis', are ready for an attack on Russia itself. Ukraine is only the preparation. From that it is evident to see how the country views the war there as really a 'defensive-liberation' war.

It is fascinating to see WWii imagery cropping up in the reasons why Russia must destroy the 'Nazis' at any cost in Ukraine. For if they don't the 'invaders' will come after them and they are helped by insidious unpatriotic fifth columnists who also greased the way for Hitler prior to his invasion. With great info like this no wonder 99% believe in the war and Putin's way. Powerful stuff but it could only be only instilling more fear into the population where the 'truth' delivered to them is unfortunately based on fiction. Don't know where they can get it and the mass media sure ain't helping.
I have been observing this Ukrainian war since the begining. From what I have seen Ukraine has a message of hate towards Russia and Russians, Russians don't have a message of hate towards Ukraine.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:34 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Meanwhile, Ukraine's economy dies. The hryvnia (Ukrainian currency) plummeted.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Meanwhile, Ukraine's economy dies. The hryvnia (Ukrainian currency) plummeted.

Is it fair for Russians to say that since Ukraine found a new friendship with Poland, let the Poles feed the Uks ?

I mean this is their own doing.

Russia should provide food and heat to Ukrainians while Ukrainians are saying that Russians are drunk nazi clowns ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe