Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
It will be a great day fro Kiev when it falls under Moscow's control. In the last 20 years Ukrainians have demostrated their inability to govern themselves.

The best quote from an Pro-Lvov apologist "Russia is a third world country"
Oh, boy, the Putin sycophants are out in force today. I hope your check from the Kremlin is the mail.

Russia is the worst threat to the world today, and it would be a catastrophe if democratic Ukraine falls to Putin and his thugs. It would basically be the start of WW3.

And yeah, Russia is essentially a third world nation in most aspects. And fully by choice. That's why everyone leaves Russia when they have a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 02:16 PM

Great NY Times article on Czar Putin, why he is the greatest threat on earth, and why Ukraine is a relative beacon of democracy-

Czar Putin’s Next Moves

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/op...ext-moves.html

Old 02-27-2015, 02:23 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Oh, boy, the Putin sycophants are out in force today. I hope your check from the Kremlin is the mail.

Russia is the worst threat to the world today, and it would be a catastrophe if democratic Ukraine falls to Putin and his thugs. It would basically be the start of WW3.

And yeah, Russia is essentially a third world nation in most aspects. And fully by choice. That's why everyone leaves Russia when they have a chance.
I love this, you remind me of dog digging, just throwing earth around mindlessly. Only you are that way with words.

1. What about these past events in Ukraine suggest to you that Ukraine is a democratic country? I mean how does Ukraine fit into the definition of a democracy ?

2. Look-up the definition of 3rd world country in the dictionary, and tell me, witch country fits that definition, Ukraine or Russia ?

Here I will make it easy for you:
Spoiler
democracy definition. A system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives. Note: Democratic institutions, such as parliaments, may exist in a monarchy.

Spoiler
The term Third World arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned with either NATO, or the Communist Bloc..

Technically if Ukraine is not allied with Russia, they are considered a 3rd world country. If they are allied with Russia , then they are 2nd world country and if they enter NATO, then they become 1st world country.

The last 20 years Ukraine has been a text book definition of a 3rd world country.

You owe me $50, for eduction.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Great NY Times article on Czar Putin, why he is the greatest threat on earth, and why Ukraine is a relative beacon of democracy-

Czar Putin’s Next Moves

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/op...ext-moves.html
because Hillary see will the inside of white house ever again ?

Last edited by DPolo; 02-27-2015 at 02:36 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 02:27 PM

And, while we already knew that Putin had plans to invade Ukraine, long before the revolution in Ukraine, and just used the new leadership as a pretext for the invasion of Ukraine, here is evidence from Russia itself.

Whomever leaked this Kremlin document better have escaped to the West or they will go "missing" very soon.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine Planned a Year Ago

Russian invasion of Ukraine planned a year ago

Early Memo Urged Moscow to Annex Crimea, Report Says

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/26/wo...nnexation.html

Gee, I'm shocked! Who would think that Putin would invade a sovereign country under false pretenses? I mean, it only happened five or six times already, must be a complete coincidence! Let's blame the "evil West", pretend that Ukraine is nothing but "fascists", claim that Putin needs to "protect ethnic minorities" (of course Russia is hell for it's own ethnic minorities, but let's forget that minor fact).

Putin has already kidnapped Baltic border guards. He will likely invade the Baltics, using the same propaganda, in the coming year. After all, he can use the exact same "reasoning". He can claim these democracies are friendly with the rest of the world, so bad for Russian imperialism, he can claim he's "protecting Russian ethnics" and of course he can call everyone "fascists" when Putin is essentially the most prominent quasi-fascist regime on the planet. It's like Hitler or Stalin calling Poland or Czech Republic "fascists" as a pretext for invasion.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
And, while we already knew that Putin had plans to invade Ukraine, long before the revolution in Ukraine, and just used the new leadership as a pretext for the invasion of Ukraine, here is evidence from Russia itself.

Whomever leaked this Kremlin document better have escaped to the West or they will go "missing" very soon.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine Planned a Year Ago

Russian invasion of Ukraine planned a year ago

Early Memo Urged Moscow to Annex Crimea, Report Says

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/26/wo...nnexation.html

Gee, I'm shocked! Who would think that Putin would invade a sovereign country under false pretenses? I mean, it only happened five or six times already, must be a complete coincidence! Let's blame the "evil West", pretend that Ukraine is nothing but "fascists", claim that Putin needs to "protect ethnic minorities" (of course Russia is hell for it's own ethnic minorities, but let's forget that minor fact).

Putin has already kidnapped Baltic border guards. He will likely invade the Baltics, using the same propaganda, in the coming year. After all, he can use the exact same "reasoning". He can claim these democracies are friendly with the rest of the world, so bad for Russian imperialism, he can claim he's "protecting Russian ethnics" and of course he can call everyone "fascists" when Putin is essentially the most prominent quasi-fascist regime on the planet. It's like Hitler or Stalin calling Poland or Czech Republic "fascists" as a pretext for invasion.
I have never heard of dailykos.com, is that a credible news source ?

Remember Maidan ? They told Putin he was going to loose his lease on Crimea, so he annexed it. No Maidan, Crimea is still Ukrainian...

Old 02-27-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
1. What about these past events in Ukraine suggest to you that Ukraine is a democratic country? I mean how does Ukraine fit into the definition of a democracy ?
How about

A. Ukraine is universally regarded as a democracy, by the entire planet, except by Putin and his paid propagandists. This infuriates the Kremlin, because it is the complete opposite of Russian kleptocracy.

B. Ukraine has rule of law, a democratically elected govt., and democratic institutions (all of which Russia severly lacks). And it is part of the international community, unlike Russia.

C. Globally respected, Pulitzer Prize and even Nobel Prize winning commentators, such as Thomas Friedman, and Paul Krugman, all call Ukraine a beacon of democracy in that part the world (which is exactly why Ukraine angers Putin so much; it's the anti-Russia).
Quote:
2. Look-up the definition of 3rd world country in the dictionary, and tell me, witch country fits that definition, Ukraine or Russia ?
Definitely Russia, by far. Ukraine is poor but a democracy. It has democratic institutions. Russia is a kleptocracy out of the Cold War. It has all of Ukraines negatives, and none of the positives. Russia is poor, backward, everyone leaves Russia when they have the opportunity, just like Ukraine, but Russia essentially has no rule of law.
Quote:
Technically if Ukraine is not allied with Russia, they are considered a 3rd world country. If they are allied with Russia , then they are 2nd world country and if they enter NATO, then they become 1st world country.

You owe me $50, for eduction.
I love this quote, dear Kremlin propagandist, for many reasons. Truly brilliant if satire, though pathetically sad if spoken with sincerity.

First, because you misspelled "education", while trying to trumpet your own "education". Second, because you're begging for U.S. dollars, ironic in the context of rubles fast becoming worthless. And third, and funniest of all, you define "third world nation" exactly as it was defined in 1960, during the Khrushchev era. You, just like Putin, still think it's 1960, apparently.

The rest of the world has moved on. Russia will continue to die if its "leadership" clings to their Cold War ways.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
How about

A. Ukraine is universally regarded as a democracy, by the entire planet, except by Putin and his paid propagandists. This infuriates the Kremlin, because it is the complete opposite of Russian kleptocracy.

B. Ukraine has rule of law, a democratically elected govt., and democratic institutions (all of which Russia severly lacks). And it is part of the international community, unlike Russia.

C. Globally respected, Pulitzer Prize and even Nobel Prize winning commentators, such as Thomas Friedman, and Paul Krugman, all call Ukraine a beacon of democracy in that part the world (which is exactly why Ukraine angers Putin so much; it's the anti-Russia).

Definitely Russia, by far. Ukraine is poor but a democracy. It has democratic institutions. Russia is a kleptocracy out of the Cold War. It has all of Ukraines negatives, and none of the positives. Russia is poor, backward, everyone leaves Russia when they have the opportunity, just like Ukraine, but Russia essentially has no rule of law.

I love this quote, dear Kremlin propagandist, for many reasons. Truly brilliant if satire, though pathetically sad if spoken with sincerity.

First, because you misspelled "education", while trying to trumpet your own "education". Second, because you're begging for U.S. dollars, ironic in the context of rubles fast becoming worthless. And third, and funniest of all, you define "third world nation" exactly as it was defined in 1960, during the Khrushchev era. You, just like Putin, still think it's 1960, apparently.

The rest of the world has moved on. Russia will continue to die if its "leadership" clings to their Cold War ways.

And 3rd I am a US citizen of 28 years, Born in Kiev.

I am not going to read the rest of what you have typed, because Ukraine's Rule of law explains Maidan and corruption. Having been to both Ukraine and Russia these past 5 years I know that Ukraine is to corrupt for west to understand while Putin has cleaned up Russia.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I have never heard of dailykos.com, is that a credible news source ?
The dailykos article is directly from the NY Times and Economist. And, yes, obviously it's a well known and credible news source, which I realize is infuriating to the Kremlin. It's actually a very left-leaning/progressive news source, far to the left of the NY Times and generally not very pro-American or U.S.-centric.

Quote:
Remember Maidan ? They told Putin he was going to loose his lease on Crimea, so he annexed it. No Maidan, Crimea is still Ukrainian...
Crimea is 100% Ukranian right now. Not one country recognizes the Russian occupation of Crimea.

And, I know it's a foreign concept to you, but the global community will not recognize "loss of a lease" of land (which you're making up anyways) as a pretext for invading a foreign country. We all know Putin had the invasion plans long before leadership change in Ukraine.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
The dailykos article is directly from the NY Times and Economist. And, yes, obviously it's a well known and credible news source, which I realize is infuriating to the Kremlin. It's actually a very left-leaning/progressive news source, far to the left of the NY Times and generally not very pro-American or U.S.-centric.

Crimea is 100% Ukranian right now. Not one country recognizes the Russian occupation of Crimea.

And, I know it's a foreign concept to you, but the global community will not recognize "loss of a lease" of land (which you're making up anyways) as a pretext for invading a foreign country. We all know Putin had the invasion plans long before leadership change in Ukraine.
Obama Spoke of People right to self determination in regard to Ukraine. Crimea heard him loud and clear and self determined to become Russia.

As far as what International community says. I am a US citizen:

Spoiler
Crimea is Russia and has been so since 1783, and it has never been not Russia since!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe