Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 06:19 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times

Advertisements

Whatever happens on the Ukrainian front between now and next year, we can be sure that the next US President, whoever he (she) will be, will be eager to pour (more) oil on the flames, if one believes this author :
Enter Jeb and Hil | KUNSTLER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
There is no communication between expenses of the USA on the weapon and military threat from Russia.
I think you meant to say there is no link between US weapon spending and Russia? Oh yes there is, Russia is often one of the talking points in weapon spending justification. The entire basis of keeping the US SLBM fleet out to sea is because of Russia.

Quote:
And Iran is compelled to buy Russian junk for one reason - the modern weapon to it do not sell any other country.
Why they have to buy it does not matter; if the system is such junk, then why does the West, especially the US, get all concerned about it? Why is Israel ranting about the sell of the AA system if it is such junk?

Quote:
About bandits from Donbass it is such joke? You can provide though one document confirming the fact of official purchase of the weapon?
I do not know, Petro is the one claiming Russia is supply tens of thousands of troops and thousands of pieces of equipment to the rebels. I, like you, am waiting for something a bit more official than picture of one tank somewhere, some passports, etc.

Quote:
But more, I can find a video, where russian bandits on Donbass reporting to Kurginyan (you know this name, yeah?) that Russia supplies old junk weapon to them and Russian granade launchers don't shoot and detonate in hands.
Yea, things not maintained and operated correctly tend to malfunction. I can show you a news article where eight US Marines were killed by a mortar they were training with, operator error was the cause. I was in the US Navy for 12 years, I can tell you plenty of things regarding people injured by malfunctions, operator error, and poor maintenance.

By the way, how is Ukraine's military looking?

And for Russia having such junk, how is it they are one of the largest weapon's suppliers in the world?

Old 06-23-2015, 12:29 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russian S-300
Cool down, Max, it's not Russian system, it's Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
By the way, how is Ukraine's military
looking?

And for Russia having such junk, how is it they are one of the largest weapon's suppliers in the world?

If the world seriously perceived Russian army the USA would not close military bases in the Europe last 20 years.

What do you wish to see? It is enough to me to see the choked offensive on Mariinka of Russian army on June, 3rd.

I have already answered - the Russian weapon is bought by those who saves money. An example is the Indian contract - while India was poor it bought Russian fighters when has grown rich - at once has refused in favour of modern French.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:06 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Cool down, Max, it's not Russian system, it's Soviet
S-300 has a lot of modifications. For example, S-300VM developed in 2005. A more modern missile defense system can not be bought. S-400 is not being exported at present.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:14 AM

I have already answered - the Russian weapon is bought by those who saves money. An example is the Indian contract - while India was poor it bought Russian fighters when has grown rich - at once has refused in favour of modern French.

Question : who won the Vietnam war, the US with their awesome latter -day military technology or the Vietcong with their "antiquated" Soviet weapons ?

Old 06-23-2015, 06:17 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
What do you wish to see? It is enough to me to see the choked offensive on Mariinka of Russian army on June, 3rd.
What Russian division fought in this area? What modern weapons were used?

Old 06-23-2015, 07:20 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: 'If the world seriously perceived Russian army the USA would not close military bases in the Europe last 20 years'

And to add if recent activity by the U.S., Europe and NATO along 'weapon' lines is any indication the perception of the potential actions of the Russian army has concentrated the minds of Western military analysts.

Perhaps we are now perhaps in serious 'Talking Heads' territory to bring in a musical motif...'this ain't no party, this aint no disco this ain't no fooling around?'

Really things would be a lot easier if Putin exited his visit to Ukraine. He won't. So we I'll see how good or how bad of a poker player he is. NATO has spoken.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Looks like the west has succeeded in forging one of the greatest combined powers in history. China and Russia are only getting closer.

LiveLeak.com - Russia just one-upped the Saudis in China

Old 06-24-2015, 04:57 AM

Default great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Looks like the west has succeeded in forging one of the greatest combined powers in history. China and Russia are only getting closer.

LiveLeak.com - Russia just one-upped the Saudis in China
Now the question is : will brainless Jeb (worse than Hil in my book) if he is elected POTUS in 2016 (not impossible) -3rd in line in the Bush "royal family"- implement the hawkish international politics -worse than Obama- that are in his program? ??? then my US friends, you should start thinking about revamping "fallout shelters"....

Old 06-24-2015, 08:34 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
The next election (for me as an American) is just a bad joke. If its a Bush or a Clinton the only way I have to protest is simply not to vote at all. As for the situation in Ukraine and Russia it will not improve as the president elect has little to say on the subject, we all know the pres is just a figurehead.

This warmongering is done by banks, corporations and the MIC of America and Europe mainly. It's the powerful entities of the former that run the west, not the presidents or whomever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe