Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 01:13 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times

Advertisements

The death toll of Ukraine crisis is 5k people, as published on major media networks. Of those 5k, how many are people who have only Russian citizenship ?

Major Russian media network are the only once who are cheering for the end of violance in Ukraine. West is not advocating the end violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 01:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Before sanctions Russians were buying 30% of their agriculture from Other countries. This is a normal rate for countries.
Next year they will grow 30% more and be fine.
Russia is making a deal with I believe Greece and Hungary. They'll allow them to sell their produce in Russia despite sanctions they have imposed on other countries in return for a small investment in Russian agriculture. Iran is stepping up it's production too and the Kazakhs are charging head long to get their share of the market.

It's a trend I've been seeing the last 15 years and it's accelerating. I think that now Russians have finally realized that as long as the US rides the Europeans like they are (have been and will be) they cannot be trusted in any way, shape or form. Russia is taking her business elsewhere. Slowly but surely. This is what cost me my job of 15 years back in 2008. Management decided Russias business wasn't worthy of being treated like other customers in 2005, by 2009 the company was bankrupt.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:47 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia is making a deal with I believe Greece and Hungary. They'll allow them to sell their produce in Russia despite sanctions they have imposed on other countries in return for a small investment in Russian agriculture. Iran is stepping up it's production too and the Kazakhs are charging head long to get their share of the market.

It's a trend I've been seeing the last 15 years and it's accelerating. I think that now Russians have finally realized that as long as the US rides the Europeans like they are (have been and will be) they cannot be trusted in any way, shape or form. Russia is taking her business elsewhere. Slowly but surely. This is what cost me my job of 15 years back in 2008. Management decided Russias business wasn't worthy of being treated like other customers in 2005, by 2009 the company was bankrupt.
I think there is a difference between doing business in the free markets with who ever you choose and only being able to do business with 3rd world counties.

For US to say that we will not do business with Putin's Russia, it does make sense and has merit.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:54 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
No, "Russian nazis" can not worry about Russia. They know that Putin cares about Russia and they are calm.
Sure, the knowledge that the Fuhrer thinks and cares about Russia takes a heavy burden of thinking (or doing) from people' shoulders, it's people' patriotic duty to support the Fuhrer as a small token of gratitude. Yet, I was inquiring about theoretical ability of the Russian nazis to worry about Russia. I doubt they have a gene for that.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-05-2015 at 03:11 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
All points to internet overload, your brain is incapable of organizing and making sense of bits and pieces of info you are full to the brim, it's like a broken kaleidoscope, if you will not turn this thing off, the next step would be random sentence generation, you are almost there but not yet. Turn it off, unless you serve some higher patriotic purpose with random nonsense generation.

And just to make things interesting, overnight Russia told a beleaguered Greece, and specifically its hurting farmers, that it "may lift its ban on food imports from Greece in the event it quits the European Union" according to Russian Minister of Agriculture Nikolai Fyodorov who spoke in Berlin on Friday.

“If Greece has to leave the European Union, we will build our own relations with it, the food ban will not be applicable to it,†Fyodorov said as reported by Tass.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
And just to make things interesting, overnight Russia told a beleaguered Greece, and specifically its hurting farmers, that it "may lift its ban on food imports from Greece in the event it quits the European Union" according to Russian Minister of Agriculture Nikolai Fyodorov who spoke in Berlin on Friday.

“If Greece has to leave the European Union, we will build our own relations with it, the food ban will not be applicable to it,” Fyodorov said as reported by Tass.
Link? Back up what you say.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Before sanctions Russians were buying 30% of their agriculture from Other countries. This is a normal rate for countries.
Next year they will grow 30% more and be fine.
Farming is not a video game. It takes years to introduce crops, boost yields, develop processing and storage facilities,etc. USSR failed at all of that despite many decades of trying. Russia doesn't produce many food items, and it has no/little processing and storage facilities. Russia imports 40% of its food (expressed in $), but Russia exports mostly grains and it imports everything else that people actually can eat. It would be tough to make up for the loss of vegetables, meats and fruits by boosting yields of wheat. There is a much simpler solution to predictable price hike "the poorest need to eat less", sacrifice a little to allow a genius of the Fuhrer to do its magic.

"No Money? Eat Less!" United Russia Lawmaker Advises | News | The Moscow Times

"We are all Russians, we have lived through hunger and cold," Gaffner told Novy Region television station.

"If supposedly there isn't enough money, people should think about their health and somehow eat less," he said lightheartedly.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Link? Back up what you say.
How could you overload yourself on trivia without mastering google search?

TASS: Economy - Russia may lift food import ban from Greece if it quits EU - Russian agriculture minister

Old 03-05-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
How could you overload yourself on trivia without mastering google search?
The main reason is I have a life and a real job, unlike some I know. Anyway in the article I mentioned nothing like that was reportedly said.

TASS Experts opinions: Russian authorities consider possibility of easing food import embargo

Usual BS. Everybody flapping their yaps. All different people too. Considering the Poles, Chechs and other EU members will shriek like banshees if they do Hungary and Greece will once again regret ever joining the EU.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:13 PM

Is the title true? I just want to be certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h56Hkq__Y4o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe