Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 10:35 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ukraine is one of those countries (like Iraq) where a bunch of ignorant arses drew a line on a map without consideration of the ethnicity of the people within those borders. It's debatable whether it will remain a single national entity into the future. Ukraines economy is in shambles largely because of the stance of the ruling junta. 30 to 40% of their economy depended on Russia.
They grow a lot of tomatoes in Ukraine, they sold those tomatoes to Russian citizens, not Europeans. Motor Sich, Antonov Kraz and the huge machine works in Kharkov were supplying Russia with all kinds of stuff. Who in the west is going to buy goods from Ukrainian industries? Some actually do but the numbers in imports/exports pale in comparison to it's trade with Russia.
Cold hard right hook to the head is the future of Ukraine is at best bleak. The juntas leadership are disgusting, getting that IMF loan is more important than their aged population who it seems for all intents and purposes are to be left impoverished in some old apartment to die.
Economic cooperation is only natural between Russia and Ukraine, it's simply what works best. If a farmer in Odessa has to let a field of tomatoes rot in the sun because of sanctions on Russia or whatever and the Europeans won't buy them where is the farmer going to make a living? If the technicians at Motor Sich have no aircraft engines to build how will they feed their families?

Maybe they'll move to Russia where they can get a job.

Putin wants a bridge in Ukraine and he is correct. The west? They want a banana republic, servile with an easily manageable/desperate population and lots of profit going out of the country
Like Poland? Estonia? Czech Republic?
Countries who escape (and I mean the word escape literally) the sphere of Moscow's influence do better than those who remain; this has been clearly proven over the last 25 years.
So, go to Tallinn or Gdansk and ask if they feel that they are living in a "banana republic."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
So, go to Tallinn or Gdansk and ask if they feel that they are living in a "banana republic."
Oh you must mean the success in Lithuania? Yup they solved their problems. 15% of the population just up and fled the country, they're cleaning toilets in Europe now. Christine LeGarde congratulated them herself. Poland? Personal experience says otherwise. I once talked to a guy at the Warsaw central trainstation. The only job he had found in 2 years was toting buckets of cement at the airport by hand. A lot of people from Poland fled for those free bennies in England. Bulgaria is right down there with Cambodia. Hungary is utterly corrupt and Romania is no better.

You got to read between the lines and stop listening to people in expensive suits.

You have nothing to contribute, just leave.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Tragic coincidences, no doubt.
I'd like to see a list of Putin/United Russia supporters who have met similar unpleasant circumstances
Considering what passes for journalism in the west nowadays they've got one hell of a good start.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Oh you must mean the success in Lithuania? Yup they solved their problems. 15% of the population just up and fled the country, they're cleaning toilets in Europe now. Christine LeGarde congratulated them herself. Poland? Personal experience says otherwise. I once talked to a guy at the Warsaw central trainstation. The only job he had found in 2 years was toting buckets of cement at the airport by hand. A lot of people from Poland fled for those free bennies in England. Bulgaria is right down there with Cambodia. Hungary is utterly corrupt and Romania is no better.

You got to read between the lines and stop listening to people in expensive suits.

You have nothing to contribute, just leave.
Poland is doing very well. I have been there many times myself. Obviously, not everyone is going to become a lawyer making six figures overnight just because the economy is doing well.

The PPP of Lithuania is stronger than Russia by roughly $4000/person.

Hungary has its issues, as does Romania, but overall countries that have escaped the Russian sphere are doing better than they were previously.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Considering what passes for journalism in the west nowadays they've got one hell of a good start.
So, no list, correct?

Edifying reading on the subject:

Ñûþó ßðÑÂтухþòð. ÃÂõ øÑÂÃ¿Ñ‹Ñ‚Ñ‹Ã²Ã°ÑŽÑ‰Ã¸à µ öðûþÑÂтø - BBC Russian

Old 03-03-2015, 01:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Russians are very contradictory evaluated Nemtsov. Many believe that he is to blame for the collapse of the economy in the 90's.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:13 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Poland is doing very well. I have been there many times myself. Obviously, not everyone is going to become a lawyer making six figures overnight just because the economy is doing well.

The PPP of Lithuania is stronger than Russia by roughly $4000/person.

Hungary has its issues, as does Romania, but overall countries that have escaped the Russian sphere are doing better than they were previously.
Incorrect to compare a small Lithuania and Russia with a huge extended infrastructure (which requires a lot of money) and a huge army. But this infrastructure allows Russians live in the entire territory of Russia and pursue an independent foreign policy.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
My sources say all countries in the area including Belarus Kazakhstan and Russia have seen significant rises in living standards for a long time now. PPP between Lithuania and Russia only has about $1000 difference and Russia. You can go back to 1995 and all countries concerned have made significant progress. One thing stands out glaringly though, immigration OUT OF eastern Europe was going like a bat out of hell for a long time.

Tossing you dog chit into your neighbors yard does not make a job well done. That's exactly what the Baltic states did so they could look nice and pretty. Don't try to tell me different. Ask a Brit. Most of my acquaintances here from that part of the world are not from Russia.

Ukraine has achieved little.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:43 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Like Poland? Estonia? Czech Republic?
Countries who escape (and I mean the word escape literally) the sphere of Moscow's influence do better than those who remain; this has been clearly proven over the last 25 years.

Ukraine does not need to become EU to raise the standard of living, they just have to clean up corruption for that.

Escape Russian field of influence is not possible for Ukraine unless they institute a totalitarian regime that is going to hunt down "Russian spies".

What is going to happen, Ukraine will get screwed either way, but Iran will get a nuclear arsenal. This is all that will happen.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:09 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
The list is endless. Russian nazis deploy terror and torture to cleanse the area for the Reich, tell me more about elections and referendums, comrade. From the day #1 after the Fuhrer made a decision to invade, Russian nazis and their collaborators started terror and killings, no silly things like demonstration, maidan, etc., there is no time to waste on that.

You view selected snap videos to match your existing bias. You make snap judgement that fit your existing bias. I view the same videos, read the same comments and I come to different conclusions, like enormous pathology of the Russian "spirit", Especially troubling is Russian nazi humiliation of Ukrainian POW. Russian nazi sickos are no ashamed or afraid of posting videos that violate Geneva convention, that should tell something. And Russian comments to those videos are even more telling, your people are sick in their soul..

Collaborators welcomed the first wave of the invading Russian nazis, for everybody else there were beatings, shanks and bullets, they kept quiet. And after that your Fuhrer does nothing but sends death to Ukraine. Original treasonous locals (who are not rabid Russian nazis) should feel like dupes. Deranged Banana Empire has used Donbass as a battleground without any regard to the locals and their needs.

Russian nazis using live shield to disarm Ukrainian troops is documented alright. After all, your Fuhrer told that he would send a live shield of women and children: "and let see how Ukrainian military men will be able to shoot at their own people... we will be standing BEHIND them (civilians) not IN FRONT OF THEM but BEHIND. I'll see how they would shoot their own women and children..."

Russian nazis in this thread would believe only the things Russian nazis are comfortable with, there are 205 pages to prove that. No, comrade, I don't lie, I use extensive references and reasoning to make my claims.
There is really something wrong with you. You just don't get it do you. I really could not care less what you people do. You want the west to help your self elected thugs, yet call our President names and call us "Nazis." Good luck with getting any help. Practice up on your Russian. From the looks of it, your thug Government is going down the tubes, AT the rate your Army is deserting, your going to have to call out the Boy Scouts. A lot of people here, like me, are writing and e-mailing our Government not to get involved and not to send any Military aid at all. Not even a box of bullets.

You have a nice war.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe