Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No, it can't, and it couldn't. And we are not going to war with Ukraine, so it's a silly scenario.
Oh my, Finland is even weaker then Ukraine, go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 02:45 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Oh my, Finland is even weaker then Ukraine, go figure.
ATO has some 25k people, and the freiwillige-battalionen has another 20-25k in their ranks. 90% of Ukraine's equipment has been completely neglected since 1991. Finland would have 1.1 million people in arms who rather die than see the Slav tricolour fly over the Parliament building. We also have one of the largest field artilleries in Europe.

Come to take a shot. How many did we destroy of you the last time? 1.5 million? We would achieve the double next time. But oh, you're in NYC, far away from danger. Don't worry, we still have a grave for you too.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
ATO has some 25k people, and the freiwillige-battalionen has another 20-25k in their ranks. 90% of Ukraine's equipment has been completely neglected since 1991. Finland would have 1.1 million people in arms who rather die than see the Slav tricolour fly over the Parliament building. We also have one of the largest field artilleries in Europe.

Come to take a shot. How many did we destroy of you the last time? 1.5 million? We would achieve the double next time. But oh, you're in NYC, far away from danger. Don't worry, we still have a grave for you too.
World Military Strength Comparison

There you go, Ukraine will decimate Finland's army in weeks, thanks for the military equipment, it is now so much easier to target Finland's tanks

Salo Ukraine !

Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Airmchair general much?

Old 03-02-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Airmchair general much?
Armchair General Magazine - We Put YOU in Command! | All things military history!

Thanks for the link, Now we will consult with Proshenko on the way to invade Findland.

Glory to Ukraine !

Old 03-02-2015, 06:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
In that strength comparison I noticed one thing in particular. Finland has no attack helicopters.

WTF??? Finland has a landscape that would be attack helicopter heaven. It's superbly suited for ambushes and stealth warfare. There's nothing a tank commander fears more than having attack helos in the vicinity in that kind of terrain. In cold weather helos perform much better too. The cold air is thicker and the blades can get a better bite, they can carry more further and loiter for longer.

That makes you wonder if the Finnish government even takes defense seriously.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
In that strength comparison I noticed one thing in particular. Finland has no attack helicopters.

WTF??? Finland has a landscape that would be attack helicopter heaven. It's superbly suited for ambushes and stealth warfare. There's nothing a tank commander fears more than having attack helos in the vicinity in that kind of terrain. In cold weather helos perform much better too. The cold air is thicker and the blades can get a better bite, they can carry more further and for longer.

That makes you wonder if the Finnish government even takes defense seriously.
Poroshenko is coupe appointed government with some hint of legitimacy aka phony Ukrainian elections.

Only things are not going well for Poroshenko's government, economy has collapsed. Retired people live in 1 dollar a day, and Ukraine can not settle her debts. What a coupe appointed government to do ?

Well the only for Poroshenko to stay in power is go to war, it really matter not with whom as long it is a lengthy war. Can't go to war with Russia, this war would not last very long. Belarus is Russian ally, but all the neighbors are pretty much no good, but Finland can not defend itself.

I think Poroshenko is going to attack Finland next!

Thus far Findand has relied on US (AKA NATO) to defend itself, only Obama is not going to do squat other then condemn the valance, so Finland is a safe bet for Poroshenko to attack.

Ukrainian's attack on Finland is imminent !

Old 03-02-2015, 07:10 PM

566 posts, read 503,662 times
Ukraine is latest of 35 countries where US has supported fascists, drug lords and terrorists - Stop the War Coalition

"I did not inhale" ...Pres.Clinton.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:14 PM

I just wondered on a news website KyivPost.com.
Found these 2 articles:

They are cutting pensions by 15% to $53 a month.
Verkhovna

Rada pushes gas production tax up to 70 percent

Then I found this article:
Ukraine Cuts Deals While Waiting for US

I am scared for these people.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:11 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I just wondered on a news website KyivPost.com.
Found these 2 articles:

They are cutting pensions by 15% to $53 a month.
Verkhovna

Rada pushes gas production tax up to 70 percent

Then I found this article:

I am scared for these people.
"The Ukraine-UAE announcement also marked a striking counterpoint to Russia's military cooperation agreement with the Arab world's arch rival, Iran, signed last month as a joint response to US "interference." A day before Poroshenko's announcement, news broke at the show that Rostec CEO Sergei Chemezov offered to sell a powerful air-defense system to Iran, a move that could not have endeared executives at the Russian pavilion to its hosts."

Well the gloves are off then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe