Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 05:56 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I have watched the video, they are talking about remote villages in the middle of nowhere. Villagers themselves are saying that they expect some-one to provide for them.

What you have posted does not prove anything, you just googled something random that criticizes Russia.

The only criticism I have for Russia is their political future and lack of attention to building a real economy.

Let's hope Putin will learn his lesson and and tries to promote an economy that is not based only on exports of natural resources.
You've just said that a separately taken human life doesn't mean much in Russia.
Pretty much what this video shows.
I can take this "random" one, then next, then next.
The whole picture consists of such small pieces.
And yes, the thieves on top don't care.

Putin had money pouring into the economy yet didn't do squat for the economy.
He definitely cannot do much NOW, when the coffers have barely enough money to cover the approaching bills. And not just the money, they don't know how and what to do. All they know is how to personally steal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 05:59 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
I was just talking to some-one and pension in Ukraine is 50 grivnyas. I even asked twice, not $50, but 50 grivnyas.

So when he is saying that retired people can't buy bread, they mean it literary. They can't afford bread.
As I've said many times before - these people in Kiev are downright criminals. Their opportunism is criminal.
To know how much ( historically speaking) Ukrainian economy was dependent on Russian one, not having any guarantees that EU/US would securely replace Russia in this sense, to dismiss the danger of the Donbass insubordination ( we'll squash them - let them only dare to resist,) not weighting in Russian interests in the area - as I've said that's downright criminal opportunism. All what mattered to these people in Kiev is to become a "new elite," sitting at the same table with "Western masters" and having a personal access to a "club."
They were not too much concerned with what price the average citizens of their country might pay for this opportunism, if things would go not the way they've *envisioned.*

Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
You've just said that a separately taken human life doesn't mean much in Russia.
Pretty much what this video shows.
I can take this "random" one, then next, then next.
The whole picture consists of such small pieces.
And yes, the thieves on top don't care.

Putin had money pouring into the economy yet didn't do squat for the economy.
He definitely cannot do much NOW, when the coffers have barely enough money to cover the approaching bills. And not just the money, they don't know how and what to do. All they know is how to personally steal.
It all started when Ukrainians rampaged through their capital city Kiev, destroying property. They were screaming "Our president is corrupt" This is in most corrupt country in Europe. I have not heard an ounce of proof that Yanuk was corrupt, but that's besides the point. Then they were screaming obsenities at Putin, who is not the president of Ukraine and does not represent these people.

After that Ukrainians elect a president who is truly corrupt, but since he hates Russians it's OK that he is corrupt. This new president starts a civil war in Ukraine where Ukrainians kill one another. Ukraine runs out of weapons and thus war has to stop.

But lack of sanitation in a remote Russian village that is located in the middle of nowhere is strong proof of Russian imperialism.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As I've said many times before - these people in Kiev are downright criminals. Their opportunism is criminal.
To know how much ( historically speaking) Ukrainian economy was dependent on Russian one, not having any guarantees that EU/US would securely replace Russia in this sense, to dismiss the danger of the Donbass insubordination ( we'll squash them - let them only dare to resist,) not weighting in Russian interests in the area - as I've said that's downright criminal opportunism. All what mattered to these people in Kiev is to become a "new elite," sitting at the same table with "Western masters" and having a personal access to a "club."
They were not too much concerned with what price the average citizens of their country might pay for this opportunism, if things would go not the way they've *envisioned.*
I have read somewhere that White House considers Poroshenko corrupt

Maybe I should run for president of Ukraine? I mean I can do a better job then Poros'.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Why are the Russians on this forum so careful about speaking about the Nemstov assassination? I was hoping to read more posts.

It's sad that you can't say what you think.
Because we don't know much at this point yet. However all of us seem to agree that it was not "Putindidit," as Western media would love to make everyone believe.
We don't see any need for him to kill someone like Nemtsov, ( knowing at the same time what the deceased was all about.) So we are waiting for more details to emerge. And they do.
So here is the new footage that video cameras captured on that bridge that evening. It definitely shows that there was more than just "drive by shooting" with some "white Ford" leaving he scene, that we've heard about initially. See that snow-plower? It was definitely invlolved in the plot, with a person emerging from there and then jumping into the appearing car. The whole murder scene it looks, takes place when Nemtsov and his companion were behind the snow-plower. (The view was blocked from the camera by it, or did the killers know about the exact location of the camera? My guess is that it might be a case.)
The news-makers are saying here that the killer was hiding on the stairways of the bridge and it was a well-calculated murder, although they point at the fact that professional killers usually don't like crowded public places ( which this particular location is.)
Another thing we know that Nemtsov's companion was a 23-year Ukrainian model ( yes, we are aware of his playboy personality,) which now is questioned in relation to this whole ordeal. Since it all happened in front of her, she is the ultimate person to talk to about what she saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc73JjNPtmY

Last edited by erasure; 02-28-2015 at 06:59 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I have read somewhere that White House considers Poroshenko corrupt

Maybe I should run for president of Ukraine? I mean I can do a better job then Poros'.
I've heard that he is becoming an inconvenient figure for the West. Oleg Tzarev is saying on FB that the bet is on Yatzenuk, really.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 PM

I follow news via reading it online. I Stopped reading CNN, so I really on BBC and RT right now. I don't watch Russian news channels. I never knew Nemtsev even existed. I have seen a re-run of his speeches. He indirectly criticized Putin's policies, but never offered any constructive alternative. "War in Ukraine is bad, we should not be involved, we should strive for peace".

Old 02-28-2015, 07:05 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Because we don't know much at this point yet. However all of us seem to agree that it was not "Putindidit," as Western media would love to make everyone believe.
We don't see any need for him to kill someone like Nemtsov, ( knowing at the same time what the deceased was all about.) So we are waiting for more details to emerge. And they do.
So here is the new footage that video cameras captured on that bridge that evening. It definitely shows that there was more than just "drive by shooting" with some "white Ford" leaving he scene, that we've heard about initially. See that snow-plower? It was definitely invlolved in the plot, with a person emerging from there and then jumping into the appearing car. The whole murder scene it looks, takes place when Nemtsov and his companion were behind the snow-plower. (The view was blocked from the camera by it, or did the killers know about the exact location of the camera? My guess is that it might be a case.)
The news-makers are saying here that the killer was hiding on the stairways of the bridge and it was a well-calculated murder, although they point at the fact that professional killers usually don't like crowded public places ( which this particular location is.)
Another thing we know that Nemtsov's companion was a 23-year Ukrainian model ( yes, we are aware of his playboy personality,) which now is questioned in relation to this whole ordeal. Since it all happened in front of her, she is the ultimate person to talk to about what she saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc73JjNPtmY

Thanks for posting the video.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:11 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
And Putin is not?

Old 02-28-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I've heard that he is becoming an inconvenient figure for the West. Oleg Tzarev is saying on FB that the bet is on Yatzenuk, really.
I think that Yatzenuk is a very obedient little boy

I am sorry, I don't follow internal politics of Ukraine. My impression of him from international sources is that he is not strong enough to lead a nation. Maybe I have a wrong impression.

Ukraine is a strange place.

Vitali Klitschko is the mayor of Kiev. I mean how many times does one has to be hit in the head to become a good mayor?

In US we used to tell Polish jokes, it's like Chuxcha jokes in Russia. I think I found a people who are even funnier...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe