Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 07:17 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And Putin is not?
No. His opportunism is much better-calculated, that's number one, and number two - he is sitting in Moscow, with strings of oil/gas industries attached to his hands ( not to mention Russian army/nukes and all.)
Kiev has none of it. The only card that these people have in their hands, really ( and try to play it for the West) is their anti-Russian sentiment/policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I think that Yatzenuk is a very obedient little boy

I am sorry, I don't follow internal politics of Ukraine. My impression of him from international sources is that he is not strong enough to lead a nation. Maybe I have a wrong impression.
No, he doesn't make an impression of a good politician - just an economist. But that makes him a convenient figure in the eyes of a West, ( although a very unrealistic figure I'd say.)

Quote:
Ukraine is a strange place.

Vitali Klitschko is the mayor of Kiev. I mean how many times does one has to be hit in the head to become a good mayor?

In US we used to tell Polish jokes, it's like Chuxcha jokes in Russia. I think I found a people who are even funnier...
Ukraine is very reminiscent of Russia in the beginning of the nineties in this sense.
I don't know much about Klichko, except for he makes an impression of a person who is not in touch with reality and who sees things in his own *Western way,* while living in the Eastern country.
May be life in Germany messed him up and made him lose sense of reality - I don't know.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:35 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,428,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, he doesn't make an impression of a good politician - just an economist. But that makes him a convenient figure in the eyes of a West, ( although a very unrealistic figure I'd say.)

Ukraine is very reminiscent of Russia in the beginning of the nineties in this sense.
I don't know much about Klichko, except for he makes an impression of a person who is not in touch with reality and who sees things in his own *Western way,* while living in the Eastern country.
May be life in Germany messed him up and made him lose sense of reality - I don't know.
I don't think that US is going to fix the Ukrainian elections. Come next elections whole Ukraine might be voting, Putin might pull some strings. They could elect a pro-Russian...

The way this Ukrainian government came to power and what it does with the power, does resemble a criminal gang. You don't have be a brainwashed Russian propagandist to see that.

I always thought that since Boxers get punched in the head, this brain trauma tends to be more obvious as years pass. A retired Boxer might have a hard time doing jobs that require working with a mind.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Another blogger is saying that the killer may have been on the back of the streetscleaning truck.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...s-assassinated

Old 02-28-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I don't think that US is going to fix the Ukrainian elections. Come next elections whole Ukraine might be voting, Putin might pull some strings. They could elect a pro-Russian...

The way this Ukrainian government came to power and what it does with the power, does resemble a criminal gang. You don't have be a brainwashed Russian propagandist to see that.

I always thought that since Boxers get punched in the head, this brain trauma tends to be more obvious as years pass. A retired Boxer might have a hard time doing jobs that require working with a mind.
Klichko comes across as a person who was not too bright to begin with. ( Remember - in initial conversation between Nuland and Pyatt they had no interest in Klichko as part of a "new team" in Ukrainian government.) They were aware of his shortcomings I assume.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Another blogger is saying that the killer may have been on the back of the streetscleaning truck.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...s-assassinated
If Nemtsov has been shot in the back, than people in a snow-plow couldn't have done it most likely. The anchorman was saying that most likely his assassin was hiding on the stairways of the bridge. ( I was trying to figure out where exactly it was, since I out of all people should remember - it's like 15 minutes away from my ( former) home. ) So you see at certain point on video couple of people running down the stairs and then coming back. Who these people were, and why they've run away and then came back as the camera shows - my guess is as good as anybody else's.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:37 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,428,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Klichko comes across as a person who was not too bright to begin with. ( Remember - in initial conversation between Nuland and Pyatt they had no interest in Klichko as part of a "new team" in Ukrainian government.) They were aware of his shortcomings I assume.
I thought Klitchko had a PHD in dream analysis.

During 2012 Olympics Putin Annexed Georgia.
During 2014 Olympics Putin Annexed Ukraine.

2016 Olympics and world cup are up next.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
2016 Olympics and world cup are up next.

The world is next?

Old 03-01-2015, 12:07 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Wonder if this guy really jumped.

Yanukovych's ally Chechetov commits suicide under house arrest

Old 03-01-2015, 01:31 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
The consequences of the fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXDVtfcSwkU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe