Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 09:51 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is Robert Heinlein's book " The Cat Who Walks Through Walls"

At 37.59 at left in the frame on the boxes.

This one?

(Then it must be the tel. number of the distributor next to the name?)

Are they trying to educate the *warriors of light* then?

(Or just to make money on them with this big order, I wonder... )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 11:13 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This one?

(Then it must be the tel. number of the distributor next to the name?)

Are they trying to educate the *warriors of light* then?

(Or just to make money on them with this big order, I wonder... )
I do not quite understand your idea ..
I think this is most likely a book of someone from the local .. And the soldiers just picked it up .. Although it looks almost like new ..

The inscriptions on the cover: 1-the title of the series of books " " История(и)? будущего " 2-Title of the book "Кот, проходящий сквозь стены"
Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-1.jpg   The future of Ukraine-2.jpg  

Old 10-20-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I do not quite understand your idea ..
I think this is most likely a book of someone from the local .. And the soldiers just picked it up .. Although it looks almost like new ..

The inscriptions on the cover: 1-the title of the series of books " " История(и)? будущего " 2-Title of the book "Кот, проходящий сквозь стены"

Ahh... it was a BOOK displayed close to the camera apparently)))

I couldn't figure out where the name was written; from a distance it looked like it was written on a track or something ( as it's done for advertisement sometimes with tel number and all.)

But I can see now in these video frames what's going on, thanks)))

Old 10-21-2019, 07:14 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AffaZbiGI

Old 10-21-2019, 11:26 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
So what, there were Ukrainian speaking guys on the DPR side too. Give 2014 a rest already, its almost 2020 guys! The election spoke the desire of the people...

Old 10-21-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
So what, there were Ukrainian speaking guys on the DPR side too.

AND in LNR.
Mozgovoy was an ethnic Ukrainian, and so was Zakhar just in case you don't remember. ( Just an example.)

BOTH made it very clear that Ukrainian language will be kept on their territories, as it always has been a case, when a lot of people would speak Russian/Ukrainian interchangeably ( they still do.)

It always has been a *specialty* of Ukrainian South-East, however the more educated part ( be that ethnic Ukrainians or Russians) always knew good Russian. ALWAYS, since that's the language that you need to know in order to be "plugged in" in the world class academia. Ukrainian language couldn't even compete with Russian in this respect.

Quote:
Give 2014 a rest already, its almost 2020 guys!
But who, WHO STARTED these language wars? Was it Russian-speaking South East?
No, it were the Nazi from the Western parts of Ukraine. "Army, Ukrainian language and Ukrainian religion" was THEIR slogan, outlined by Poroshenko.

And so "it's almost 2020," and they are STILL pushing for the conquest of the South East of the country.

Now from the first September of 2020 Russian-speaking schools will be simply outlawed.

And you want Russian speakers to forget about it?

So that their children wouldn't have access to the quality academic studies any longer?

Quote:
The election spoke the desire of the people...
And what "desire" that would be?

Just in case you still didn't understand, what people have "voted for" and what they received, are two different things.

And the scandal only keeps on growing.

Ukraine is such a messed up country now, and on so many levels because of what took place in the last five years, that it's unclear all together where it's all rolling to.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post

Yes it's funny - I can appreciate good sense of humor and political satire of "Kvartal 95" - it's their trademark and supposedly "things as usual" even without Ze.

What I find alarming though, is the amount of dislikes and negative comments under this video, that intend to send Ze a message, that it was one thing when he was just a comedian, promoting political satire against the sitting government, and it's another thing when he is a head of the government himself.

People don't buy this satire any longer, because a lot of them consider that Ze now is part of the problem himself.

But that's mostly his former "friends and fans" are speaking out.

The hysteria that this satire brought in his enemies camp - I don't even want to touch this subject now.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:47 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:

It always has been a *specialty* of Ukrainian South-East, however the more educated part ( be that ethnic Ukrainians or Russians) always knew good Russian. ALWAYS, since that's the language that you need to know in order to be "plugged in" in the world class academia. Ukrainian language couldn't even compete with Russian in this respect.
Great, well now the most educated class of people will know English instead, starting with the youth. That's how you get plugged into world class academia. Not Russian unless you are studying how to lie and cheat on a national scale. English is the mandatory 2nd language of schools now as the nation is European now. Trade, tourism and educational exchanges are growing with the west and this is all done in English.

Quote:
Now from the first September of 2020 Russian-speaking schools will be simply outlawed.

And you want Russian speakers to forget about it?
Too bad, Russians and their supporters should not have pushed Russian language as an excuse to invade Ukraine and kill people there. This reaction should be a good lesson.

Quote:
Just in case you still didn't understand, what people have "voted for" and what they received, are two different things.

And the scandal only keeps on growing.

Ukraine is such a messed up country now, and on so many levels because of what took place in the last five years, that it's unclear all together where it's all rolling to.
Can't get over the election eh? I'm very sorry, elections have consequences in democracies. What can I say, I sympathize. There is no scandal from the election except the one in Moscow's hysteria that the people in the (apparently misunderstood) South East actually overwhelmingly voted for a pro EU party. As above, too bad so sad.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:39 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Great, well now the most educated class of people will know English instead, starting with the youth. That's how you get plugged into world class academia. Not Russian unless you are studying how to lie and cheat on a national scale. English is the mandatory 2nd language of schools now as the nation is European now. Trade, tourism and educational exchanges are growing with the west and this is all done in English.

Yeah, tell that to the Kurds that the Anglo-Saxons are angels in the flesh and never deceive anyone... simply so.."nothing personal, just business."

And about the language.. There is such a good anecdote: "the optimist learns English, and the realist-Chinese"

Old 10-22-2019, 12:04 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Yes it's funny - I can appreciate good sense of humor and political satire of "Kvartal 95" - it's their trademark and supposedly "things as usual" even without Ze.

What I find alarming though, is the amount of dislikes and negative comments under this video, that intend to send Ze a message, that it was one thing when he was just a comedian, promoting political satire against the sitting government, and it's another thing when he is a head of the government himself.

People don't buy this satire any longer, because a lot of them consider that Ze now is part of the problem himself.

But that's mostly his former "friends and fans" are speaking out.

The hysteria that this satire brought in his enemies camp - I don't even want to touch this subject now.
I have long liked this choir. Now I’ll definitely go to their concert on December 1 for 300 UAH/1 ticket.
Gontareva is one of the most odious and hated people in Ukraine. No wonder people like that her house burned out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe