Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2019, 09:17 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Most likely. Because the skilled workers from Eastern Ukraine are moving to Russia.
Since the language is the same, with their engineering diplomas they can get the qualified jobs.
Not sure what "skilled workers" from Western Ukraine are doing in Poland or Estonia.
But overall - yeah...
Ukraine is losing people fast. And that's the conditions under which they are forced to work in the coveted "paradise of the E.U," in order to send money home. (And these money sent home is a big chunk of their GDP.)
Nobody wants to work in Russia for salary +30% of Ukrainian. No sense! Even Latvia Estonia offers more! And they still speaking Russian partially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 02:17 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
1,27 millions according of researching by mobile phones system language

Wyborcza.pl

So approximately the same amount of Poles, that moved to UK.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Nobody wants to work in Russia for salary +30% of Ukrainian. No sense! Even Latvia Estonia offers more! And they still speaking Russian partially.

What do you mean "nobody?"
Of course people are taking those jobs.
Beggars are not chooser Alec.
And of course there is always an option to pick strawberries in Poland, (if this kind of job pays more that is.)

Another thing - I am not sure what you are talking about, when you write "+30% of Ukrainian?"

Are you saying that in Russia they pay 30 percent less than in Ukraine or what?

P.S. Does Latavia and Estonia offer "white collar" jobs to Ukrainians?
Such as in engineering field?
Do they even have those jobs available for the newcomers?

Old 11-09-2019, 02:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
The DNR forces have pulled out of some small town called Petrivskoe not far from Gorlivka.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XJ07M

Old 11-09-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
And of course there is always an option to pick strawberries in Poland, (if this kind of job pays more that is.)

Another thing - I am not sure what you are talking about, when you write "+30% of Ukrainian?"

I just talked to a friend who went to Germany for October Fest. He said there were a LOT of young Ukrainian women working as prostitutes. A LOT.

It's just sad.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:

The devils in the details. Did you read the Grapes Of Wrath?

Old 11-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The devils in the details. Did you read the Grapes Of Wrath?

No, I stopped after "An American tragedy."
I decided that if I ever wanted to know about people's misery, reading Russian classics ( such as Maxim Gorky) was already enough, without looking for it it elsewhere.

But I can guess about "devil is in details," looking at this particular phrase from the Wiki:

"Reaching California, they find the state oversupplied with labor; wages are low, and workers are exploited to the point of starvation. The big corporate farmers are in collusion and smaller farmers suffer from collapsing prices"

Old 11-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:

You are thinking of situation 7-10 years ago. Open your eyes and look at eyes of Truth! The times had changed.

Poland, Estonia, Litva etc offers and jobs include engineering positions and since 1th January 2020 Germany too.

Quote:
+30% its mean "ukrainian same position salary"+30% (maybe 50%)=Russian salary. It's not enough for start to Russia for work!

Old 11-09-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I just talked to a friend who went to Germany for October Fest. He said there were a LOT of young Ukrainian women working as prostitutes. A LOT.

It's just sad.
What is their price per hour? 75 euros?
I can see we've got leak of prostitutes for last couple of years.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
You are thinking of situation 7-10 years ago. Open your eyes and look at eyes of Truth! The times had changed.

Poland, Estonia, Litva etc offers and jobs include engineering positions and since 1th January 2020 Germany too.

Alec, I suspect that I am not the one here who need to "look at eyes of Truth."
Just because HYPOTHETICALLY speaking Ukrainians are allowed to apply for jobs in EU, that doesn't mean that jobs are out there for them, and particularly well-paying jobs.
( Did you ever ask yourself why so many Poles moved to UK to begin with, so that now they accept Ukrainians in Poland in droves?)

And do you understand that Germans don't have any "special quotas" or "affirmative action to hire Ukrainian engineers?

Why should they provide them with high-paying jobs, when they have their own applicants, that have advantage of... actually knowing German, at the.. ermm.. "natives level."

Quote:
+30% its mean "ukrainian same position salary"+30% (maybe 50%)=Russian salary. It's not enough for start to Russia for work!

If these "50%" are not reserved specifically for Ukrainians (that would be downright discrimination,) I can think of only one more reason why Russian engineering salaries would be that much lower of Ukrainian ones.
That is that there is much more engineers in Russia than in Ukraine today, hence the law of "supply and demand."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe