Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 09:24 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Erasures correct in pointing out the necessities of what Ukrainians need when it comes to their neighbors. Ukraine is a bridge, it's not meant to be on one side of the fence or the other. The problem is that it's being forced to choose. Currently the radicals hold power throughout the country. So long as the current power structure is in place Ukraine is not going to move forward.

I only hope that it does not end up as a civil war. Then Russia will most likely have to step in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I read that there is another huge problem. Traffic control between Ukraine and rebels is an extremely profitable business. And both sides do not want to destroy it. Ukraine cannot control this. It seems that only international peacekeepers or an invasion of Russia can establish peace there.
Smuggling. I imagine it's everything from hard drugs to exotic pets. The OSCE is such a joke, just like the UN. Everybody is making something.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:21 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,624 times
A motorcycle pilot died on the way to the hospital in an accident near Kiev on the Gostomel highway. She was a famous Instagram model who talked about her passion for motorcycling. This reported dtp.kiev.ua
The girl Elena bounced on a motorcycle under the nickname @kuzavini against the left side of a Volkswagen car, which stood on the roadside and began to move. The girl was immediately revived successfully, but unfortunately could not be saved.

The girl has nearly 1,300 publications and 72,000 subscribers on the site. Most of the contributions were accompanied by photos of the model with motorcycles. She regularly wrote about how much she loves her bike and what the season is about. The girl has no photos with the young man, but there is a photo of a pug that was probably left alone after the death of the lover.

https://newsbeezer.com/ukraineeng/th...ffic-accident/

Old 10-20-2019, 12:43 PM

Sad Alec. To use anything on 2 wheels anywhere is a risk to your life.

Anyway. This is a video of the fighting in Eastern Ukraine. At about 8 minutes footage of Azov battalion begins. I'm certain, even with my limited language skills there are several different accents being spoken by these guys. Some may not even be Ukrainian or Russian.

What do the Russian speakers of this forum hear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l118fdnkS0

Old 10-20-2019, 12:52 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
^
Alec, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about the "motorcycle pilots."

I would worry more about things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFHMSMlczzE

"The deputies wonder, whether Ukrainian gas pipe will go for sale. Stop wondering, even though I am not a prime minister, I assure you it will. Every demand of IMF will be fulfilled. You will see. And in order to confirm my words, let me tell you something I've witnessed myself even though I don't have a video to show you. I'll tell you a bit what was going on behind the scene. I don't see it in my notes, but that's something I saw with my own eyes. ( I'll skip the details he is explaining here about the reforms of the Justice system - too many nuances to explain, but Russian speakers can come to their own conclusions what this is all about and how corrupt ( yet again) it is.)
Let's proceed straight to the land reforms ( the ones that DKM is so enthusiastic about.)

"So when it comes to the land reforms, that was some kind of circus.

The land reform committee was was scheduled at 2 p.m. The media reps arrive at 2, only to learn that the meeting already took place at 9 a.m. ( They claim that they supposedly "didn't have time to call everyone and to inform about the changed schedule.")

There were 11 proposed laws to look at; they've managed to go through all of them in one hour and to vote unanimously for one specific law, that - pay attention - from 202(1?) allows the companies that have foreign entities among them to buy Ukrainian land.
So if three of us sitting here would organize some "Horns and Hoofs" company and invite some American ( or European) "partner with money," we are good to go and buy Ukrainian land as much as we are pleased."

Что называется, доскакались.

No wonder Ze's gov is trying to shut 112 channel down.
It's "pro-Kremlin," don't you know.

Old 10-20-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^

I'm so tired about politics. There is insane information pressure from every speaker - radio, TV, youtube, streets walkers e.t.c. My brains is burning like a boiling kettle. I need some rest!

Old 10-20-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFHMSMlczzE

"The deputies wonder, whether Ukrainian gas pipe will go for sale. Stop wondering, even though I am not a prime minister, I assure you it will. Every demand of IMF will be fulfilled. You will see. And in order to confirm my words, let me tell you something I've witnessed myself even though I don't have a video to show you. I'll tell you a bit what was going on behind the scene. I don't see it in my notes, but that's something I saw with my own eyes. ( I'll skip the details he is explaining here about the reforms of the Justice system - too many nuances to explain, but Russian speakers can come to their own conclusions what this is all about and how corrupt ( yet again) it is.)
Let's proceed straight to the land reforms ( the ones that DKM is so enthusiastic about.)

"So when it comes to the land reforms, that was some kind of circus.

The land reform committee was was scheduled at 2 p.m. The media reps arrive at 2, only to learn that the meeting already took place at 9 a.m. ( They claim that they supposedly "didn't have time to call everyone and to inform about the changed schedule.")

There were 11 proposed laws to look at; they've managed to go through all of them in one hour and to vote unanimously for one specific law, that - pay attention - from 202(1?) allows the companies that have foreign entities among them to buy Ukrainian land.
So if three of us sitting here would organize some "Horns and Hoofs" company and invite some American ( or European) "partner with money," we are good to go and buy Ukrainian land as much as we are pleased."

Что называется, доскакались.

No wonder Ze's gov is trying to shut 112 channel down.
It's "pro-Kremlin," don't you know.
General Plan Ost.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost

European powers have been trying this for centuries. The Poles partially succeeded with the PLC (Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth) which had it's center of power in Poland. They exploited the lands to the east, taxed the peasants there into poverty and gave little if anything back. The Austrohungarian Empire took it's turn afterwards then other powers. Napoleon was only a little different in his plans. He didn't have much of a plan for afterwards.

As I said, if the Slavs don't stand together they will always be under someones boot. That's why all the perpetrators of this point at Russia. Russia is the only country there that can prevent it form happening.

Old 10-20-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
At about 8 minutes footage of Azov battalion begins. I'm certain, even with my limited language skills there are several different accents being spoken by these guys. Some may not even be Ukrainian or Russian.
From the eighth minute, pure Russian with abusive words. Оperational language of units of the Ukrainian army is Russian in war zone. From another side too.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:44 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Sad Alec. To use anything on 2 wheels anywhere is a risk to your life.

Anyway. This is a video of the fighting in Eastern Ukraine. At about 8 minutes footage of Azov battalion begins. I'm certain, even with my limited language skills there are several different accents being spoken by these guys. Some may not even be Ukrainian or Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l118fdnkS0

Ukrainians and Georgians speaking Russian ( when it comes to Azov segment.)

When it comes to Dnipro1 segment, at 38.08 I can see "Robert Hineline" written in Russian ( on a truck? or whatever this guy is behind.)
Can't see the rest of letters/numbers and don't know whether it has any significance.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,309 times
Quote:
Ukrainians and Georgians speaking Russian ( when it comes to Azov segment.)

When it comes to Dnipro1 segment, at 38.08 I can see "Robert Hineline" written in Russian ( on a truck? or whatever this guy is behind.)
Can't see the rest of letters/numbers and don't know whether it has any significance.
This is Robert Heinlein's book " The Cat Who Walks Through Walls"

At 37.59 at left in the frame on the boxes.

Last edited by Zimogor; 10-20-2019 at 09:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe