Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2019, 09:24 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
I agree. People like this character performed by Antin Muharsky

Oh, Orest Luty. I first heard them a few years before 2014. He is talented, but... I think he is not sincere. This is just a business project. Ukrainian Shnurov. Unfortunately, he is not talented enough to make interesting content without inciting ethnic hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 09:27 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It never ends in Ukraine as the Western-backed forces are already threatening a counter-revolution.

parliamentary results defeat second color revolution
Expect a purge of US and EU appointees from the previous Poroshenko government, many of whom were placed there to satisfy the demands of the IMF to oversee the fire sale of public assets to foreign investors.

Ukraine on the cusp of change

Old 07-23-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Expect a purge of US and EU appointees from the previous Poroshenko government, many of whom were placed there to satisfy the demands of the IMF to oversee the fire sale of public assets to foreign investors.

Ukraine on the cusp of change

But Zelensky also needs IMF loans.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:27 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Unfortunately, he is not talented enough to make interesting content without inciting ethnic hatred.
Why not? For example
https://youtu.be/hH7zMIzX2GI

Old 07-23-2019, 12:43 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
maybe offtopic but:
just saw news how the president of bulgaria had vetoed purchase of american f16 fighter jets by the military which were supposed to "modernize" the military. The reactions as i thought were "he is pro-russian!", meanwhile as an american-educated person he is doing what most of the people in the country agree with: they are old and overpriced. The best deal was to buy swedish ones which of course the parliament rejected...

Old 07-23-2019, 01:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
1/5 of parliaments seats is women's

But pro Russian "For Life" got 13%

DKM was clearly not aware that Poroshenko's former opposition from the Eastern part of the country was not any longer a united front, before bidding for parliament.
And THIS actually makes Zelensky's position potentially even worse.

Because really, those 12-13% of openly pro-Kremlin party sitting in Rada are not his ONLY opponents from his voter base at the Eastern part of the country, but now you have to add at least 6% ( and probably much more) that Evgeny Muraiev was representing, before he decided to join A. Vilkul and create a block consisting of mayors/governors of different cities and regions of the South-Eastern part of the country. ( That's what the "Oppo-Block" really is.) This move proved to be unpopular among Muraiev's supporters, but that doesn't mean that he is going to disappear because of that from political field - far away from it. He is a fire brand I think, and his influence in the East is only going to grow, the more Muraiev's outlook on economy prove to be true.

Not only that, but now Zelensky managed to make enemies of Sharij's people as well, by denying them access to official polls, (not to mention TV news.)
So Zelensky is already up against a sizeable force at his own voter base (including his native region, that I keep on pointing at, as the next place of upheaval. ( Forget Donbass region - that one is already "blue" voting for Boiko/Medvedchuk - i.e. "Opposition platform" sitting in Rada,) I am talking about Kharkov, Krivoi Rog, Dneprodzerjinsk ( I assume that this is already not a Donbass region (?), that looked so deceptively "green" to begin with.) )

Yet at the same time, Zelensky will be never be trusted or accepted enough by the nationalists from the West, to whom he tried to cater as much as he could.

So once the South-Easterners will realize that what they've got under him is not a "new deal," but old re-packaged deal, they will NOT be happy, I understand that much.
In essence, what I see here, is the repetition of the Russian scenario of the nineties. As in Russia, the genuinely popular, democratically elected top official being hijacked by the West, and used as the ultimate tool of American interests.

At that I still personally like Zelensky ( unlike Yeltsin, whom I never cared for.)
But at the end, they both got in the same trap of sold to them by IMF bag of goodies, so-called "liberal economy."

Old 07-23-2019, 01:51 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
For the most part, the people who won the "For Life" votes are eastern oligarchs and their representatives. This is nothing new as they are rebranded from the Party of Regions days and still have their regional alliances. Their 13% result from mostly aged 60+ Russian speaking voters from the East is the best they could hope for. There isn't much to make of this as they will clearly have no power, even if their members fly to Moscow to shake hands with Putin. They pretend to be pro Russian but are mostly pro themselves and protecting their economic interests in ex -Soviet industries they control.

So while there are some here clinging to hopes that Ze's voters are really pro Russian and were somehow recently fooled (twice!) to vote for a pro European integration platform, the reality is many of those along the Dnieper river know full well who wants to help them reform their country (the West) and who is attacking them for trying to make this choice (Russia).

Old 07-23-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Why not? For example
https://youtu.be/hH7zMIzX2GI
Another talented video (no kidding I like it):

https://youtu.be/7jA0vS5GOcs

But it is about one thing in general. Incitement of hostility, demonization and ridicule of Soviets. This is largely propaganda.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:53 PM

I think good irony looks like this:

https://youtu.be/l_4uS1VRwhQ

Old 07-23-2019, 03:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

But it is about one thing in general. Incitement of hostility, demonization and ridicule of Soviets. This is largely propaganda.
Soviets are not looked upon so fondly by those victimized by them. The Soviet Union was not a benefactor to most, so this hostility is understood especially against those who still promote the Soviets. But no, rather than seeing it for what it is, your kind blame Western propaganda for those who hate what the Soviets did to their communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe