Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 06:49 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

U.S. Should Stay Out Of The Russo-Ukrainian Quarrel: Why The Conflict In Ukraine Isn't America's Business, Part I - Forbes

Ukraine's Conflict With Russia Isn't America's Fight, Part 2 - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 08:33 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
^
Good that Mr. Bandow wasn't around in the early 18th when France and England were around here using the continent as a geopolitical playground. With attitudes like his and if they took hold perhaps the existence of the United States would have been a question mark.

All in all after his arguments are predicated on a 'neutral Ukraine'. Absolutely impossible. A fiction. If he believes that construct he is completely unrealistic. It just looks to me that for every 'degree' that Ukraine goes 'West' interference and destabilization will be increased proportionally by Russia. I don't believe she will back off. The country will be under attack for quite awhile. All because of Russian meddling. It's an infection that will not go away.

Also, his view on Ukraine as not important for Europe is a bit of crass discrimination on the country and its people who apparently are looking for a change. Surprised at that one. Wonder what he'd think if Putin decides to get a few divisions into the country and 'take it'. It'll be war and not beyond probability. I'm sure both Ukrainian and Russian defense ministers are looking at the worst if the conflict keeps on.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:16 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
^
Good that Mr. Bandow wasn't around in the early 18th when France and England were around here using the continent as a geopolitical playground. With attitudes like his and if they took hold perhaps the existence of the United States would have been a question mark.

All in all after his arguments are predicated on a 'neutral Ukraine'. Absolutely impossible. A fiction. If he believes that construct he is completely unrealistic. It just looks to me that for every 'degree' that Ukraine goes 'West' interference and destabilization will be increased proportionally by Russia. I don't believe she will back off. The country will be under attack for quite awhile. All because of Russian meddling. It's an infection that will not go away.
It's only normal that Russia ( and Russians) would "meddle" into Ukrainian affairs. Because there are Russians living there, because there are lands there that historically are tied with Russia.
And the US meddles in Ukraine exactly why?

P.S. The only "infection" here are Ukrainian nationalists.

Quote:
Also, his view on Ukraine as not important for Europe is a bit of crass discrimination on the country and its people who apparently are looking for a change.
One more time; this is the map of "Maidan"

http://i.imgur.com/q8vEQaz.jpg

So SOME people ( and hence- parts of the country) were looking for said above "changes" and some were clearly not.
Ukraine as "one and united" country is obviously a fiction.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:26 AM

49 posts, read 73,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
ps. Russia reputation is grown in fact. All independent world supports Moscow, not Washington.
Eeeh, what? How, when, why?
Is that a joke or some kind of trolling?
I think Russia's reputation's never been worse: attacking a smaller, weaker country just for the sake of the old Soviet/imperialistic glory, and then denying that fact, that's definitely not the best way to improve one's reputation.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 AM

22 posts, read 18,908 times
I think is sad you believe so. Just because England has historic ties to India or Avstralia does not mean they attack them, invade, kill their people, lie about it and then this (truth) all is discovered in interview with people that "came on vacation" from Sibir or Dalnyi Vostok. Really? Can it get more sad? Mugabe lies less about election result and rating than this regime. Azerbaijan, which say it have > 100% people vote for president, is make less mistake and lies than this Russian regime. Why? I ask why? Austria, with direct historical tie to South Tyrol does not invade it just because most peoples there speak Austrian/Tyrolian, not Italian. I don't understand this. If you want to show power, show it in an economy that does not depend on oil price. When oil price go down, then economy fail. When you attack neighbor like that you show you're as strong as Iraq when it attack Kuwait. Potential is much high in Russia than Russia using it. Such much opportunity, but very little result
And please, what DNR people doing right now in Mariupol and Donetsk is making the Donbas region become like Afghanistan when it was getting bombed! And action of DNR people is like cartel in Mexico. I don't understand why this happen and I feel very sad for this everything.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:49 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
They train the cartel death squads in the School of the Americas at Ft. Benning. That's why there's high level of similarity in techniques between the bad actors in Mexico, Iraq, and Syria. Probably active in Ukraine now.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFC View Post
I think is sad you believe so. Just because England has historic ties to India or Avstralia does not mean they attack them, invade, kill their people, lie about it and then this (truth) all is discovered in interview with people that "came on vacation" from Sibir or Dalnyi Vostok.
Please do tell us more about the "historic ties" of England to "India and Avstralia."

Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 AM

Question to those who might know;
Who is this person ( I understand that he is from Belgium) warning Ukraine against joining the EU back in.. June (?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...422503916#t=54

Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by povar81 View Post
And?
Are there any proofs that we were wrong about those facts?
There are quite a lot of information about these events in Russian language, which are considered different versions of events. And very often these versions are much more convincing and logical that the Western press reports. Usually the Western press does not proof, just giving ready-made conclusions.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by povar81 View Post
I think Russia's reputation's never been worse: attacking a smaller, weaker country just for the sake of the old Soviet/imperialistic glory.
It's not the desire to revive the Soviet glory. Russia is trying to protect military and economic interests. West made a mistake when brought the current government to power in Ukraine. You can prolong the agony of Ukraine, you can help the current government, but Ukraine has died. It happened May 2, 2014 in Odessa. Until you do not understand it, people will die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe