Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 AM

504 posts, read 465,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Perhaps, will you allow Russians to decide who should be their president? Stop insulting Russian president. If he wants play hockey, he plays hockey. Why do you care? 100 years ago Stolypin (Russian Minister of Finance) said: "You want a great upheaval, I want a great Russia." Currently, Russians do not need your advice.
Russians can do what the heck they like so long as they a) treat minorities properly and b) respect internationally recognised boundaries. Otherwise I shall call them as I see fit. It's a free speech forum - a concept that I appreciate is novel in contemporary Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio777 View Post
I noticed a tendency to demonize Russia and Putin is only growing
You're suprised?

He's a total clown, and that he's so popular domestically says far more about Russians than it does the rest of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 PM

28 posts, read 20,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Russians can do what the heck they like so long as they a) treat minorities properly and b) respect internationally recognised boundaries. Otherwise I shall call them as I see fit. It's a free speech forum - a concept that I appreciate is novel in contemporary Russia.

You're suprised?

He's a total clown, and that he's so popular domestically says far more about Russians than it does the rest of the world.
Firstly , no need to get personal, Russian people on anybody did not attack first. Russian people are always fighting for the rights of its citizens. I think no country would be nice, if its citizens will be without prejudice to the rights in other countries. If and fight for freedom of speech, fight honestly not humiliating people
P. S. In the future be more careful in the expression...the Hatred of the Russian people is very evident

Old 05-21-2015, 01:16 PM

The public as far as I know on Ukraine, so I see no need to recall here about Putin once again.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:36 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Russians can do what the heck they like so long as they a) treat minorities properly and b) respect internationally recognised boundaries.
Russians do not treat minorities properly.
And they respect boundaries analogously NATO in Serbia (first military change of postwar borders).

Quote:
Otherwise I shall call them as I see fit.
In this case, you should not be offended when Russians would show aggression towards you.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:43 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Video from Shirokino. Fighting continues.

https://youtu.be/BX1M09XkU0U

Old 05-22-2015, 07:51 AM

Summary of military events for 21.05.2015

21 may combat situation in the Donbas remained tense. Ukrainian security forces do not stop the night shelling of Donetsk, Gorlovka and other towns DNR. The fighting near Shirokino. In LNR for the first time since the beginning of the so-called truce shots rang out in Lugansk. Presumably, the Ukrainian sabotage group opened fire from mortars in the administrative center of the capital LNR.
Military events in DNR

The night of 20 to 21 may in Donetsk was held under the sounds of heavy guns, which subsided by morning. May 21 at 14:10 in the Kuibyshev district of Donetsk were heard gunshots. As at 17:00 in Donetsk remained calm. May 21 22:10 Ukrainian Army shelled the area of the Iveron monastery, the shopping center "Metro" and Donetsk airport. at 22:30 in Kubicheskom the area again were heard the shots. May 21 23:10 underwent attacks Putylivky and the Kiev district of Donetsk.
According to the Ukrainian side, at 23:25 there was a fight in the area of Marinci between the 28th mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian armed forces and the militia DNR.

The Ukrainian side stated that on may 21 at the Sands during a mortar attack was wounded military battalion "Sich".
May 21 at 16:40 and 17:20 in n of the item Donetsk were heard gunshots.
In Yasynuvata district on the night of may 21, 2015 from 23:30 to 06:30 Ukrainian military has carried out an artillery attack on the railway station of Donetsk-North of depot, resulting in the fire 22 passenger cars. There were no casualties.
21 may at 17:35 in the village Andreevka shots.

May 21 20:03 Gorlovka was shelled by the Ukrainian security officers from the mine "South" (Dzerzhinsk). The bombardment lasted until midnight may 22. at 22:45 in Gorlovka there were several fires in the private sector, was also killed in the gas line. At 23:00 the Ukrainian Army were firing at Gorlovka from Dzerzhinsk, Kodem, Kurdyumovka.

Exploration DNR continues to record the presence of foreign military mercenaries on the territory of Donbass fighting on the side of the Kiev authorities. So, in Dzerzhinsk installed the finding of the children's hospital group of persons of the Negroid race. Representatives of PMCs are protected by the military personnel of VSU on the perimeter of the hospital.

May 21 at 16:30 in the village of Debaltsevo there was an explosion. What exploded, were not reported.
In a populated area of Svetlodarsk (under the control of the Ukrainian government) may 21 16:50 to 17:55 more shots. Details were given.

In the town of Ilovaysk near the school №14 may 21 on a land mine exploded under the car, the explosion killed two people, one civilian were seriously injured.
21 may at 22:00 in the village of Shirokino again was heard the cannonade. According to the Ukrainian side, the militants allegedly resumed firing Shirokino, killing one Ukrainian soldier was wounded. Militias, in turn, said that the shelling of Ukrainian Army village of Shirokino killed one militiaman, one was injured.
May 21 at 11:40 in the neighborhood of the Eastern city of Mariupol in the Ukrainian roadblock, an explosion was heard. Detailed information was not reported.

According to the defense Ministry DND, recorded may 21, 52 violations of the ceasefire by the Ukrainian military. Twice used rockets, 13, artillery, seven times — tanks. Were also produced by mortars, ATGM units, grenade launchers and small arms. The fire has been Gorlovka, Shirokino, Yasinovataya, Kuibyshev district of Donetsk, the Donetsk airport, mine, "October", Spartacus, Seranova, Kalinovka, Wide beam.

Military events in LNR

According to the Ukrainian side, on the outskirts of the settlement Katerinivka may 21 morning, the battle between the Ukrainian army and militias. It was alleged that the clash began at 5:45. The position of the Mat were allegedly fired upon by the militia from the village of Youth, then the militia came to the strong points close up and start the fight. The clash lasted until 6:20.
Katerinivka

According to reports of the militia and the testimonies of local residents, recorded on may 21, 43 attack from one or more types of weapons: 11 times used tanks, 5 times ACVS 20 times - mortars, 14 times - propelled grenades, antitank missile launcher and the missile, 4 times - charger, 1 - guns "rapier", 4 times - howitzer and SPG. Also across the front worked small arms. The militia for a day 3 times opened fire from artillery. Prevented 3 DRG to cross the front, 17 times drones were seen in the sky, 2 of them were shot down.
According to the headquarters of the people's militia LNR, may 21, from 22:00 to 23:00 Ukrainian security forces fired at a post of the people's militia at a destroyed bridge near the village of Luhansk from the APC and RPG. Also at the checkpoint arrived six minutes, fired from a caliber mortar 82-mm.

In addition, the evening of 21 may, presumably, a sabotage group of the APU from the settlement Dzerzhinsky opened mortar fire on the area adjacent to the Lugansk national agrarian University within the administrative boundaries of the capital LNR.

Other

The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on may 21, adopted the Declaration on the right of Kiev to retreat from a number of international obligations for the protection of human rights in some areas of Donbass. Voted 249 Ukrainian deputies with the required minimum of 226 votes.
Automotive column of EMERCOM of Russia on may 21, delivered another batch of humanitarian aid to the Donbass. Over 100 cars from the don and rescue emergency center in the Rostov region delivered for residents LNR and DNR more than one thousand tons of humanitarian cargo.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
I'd say a few good measures are how it treats it's minorities (of all kinds),
Russia treats its minorities great, so great in fact millions continue to immigrate to Russia, legally and illegally, in order to live better as Russia treats these minorities better than they are treated in their own country by their own people.

Quote:
whether it has a truly independent media,
I agree with you on this, however, I fail to see this as a real criticism in regards to the West vs Russia, as many Western allies have even stricter media controls than Russia has. Also, Russia is currently going through a "McCarthyism".

Quote:
whether the rule of law prevails for everyone
It does, just as it does in the US; I am sure the US is just perfect in this area.

Maybe be a little more specific?

Quote:
and whether it's head of state is evaluated by quality of policy and competence rather than how many goals he/she can score in a stage managed ice hockey game.
Putin took Russia from an economic basket case in 2000, to being an economic power in 2015. You ask "why do so many Russians like Putin?", it is because the quality of life and standard of living has increased a 1000 percent since Putin took office. While you may disagree with his stance on Ukraine, it cannot be debated about the large improvements for Russians he has made since 2000.

Quote:
Putin is a laughing stock from one side of the globe to the other.
I seriously doubt this one; exactly who is laughing at him? For someone being a "laughing stock", many world leaders sure are spending a lot of resources because of him and his policies.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
yes, a "laughing stock", that's the argument anti Russian usually put forward when they've run out of arguments. They believe international relationships are a Monthy Python sketch.They are pathetic.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Macedonia: The Next Ukraine

The Next Ukraine by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com

Old 05-23-2015, 08:40 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
I guess the Ukr Rada has voted or will vote on a bill to get out of paying their "private" loans back.

TASS: Russia - Russia will take tough position in case Ukraine refuses to repay debts

Medvedev and the Russian government need to understand that words mean nothing. They need to grow some balls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe