Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 02:20 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
With a rock-bottom birth rate, Ukraine’s future is grim enough.

Add the huge migration out of the country to that.

"Free labor market" and stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 04:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
What's strange about it?
I remember some writings where the ease with which the girls body was found raised some suspicions. The whole thing had a bad smell to it.

Old 01-31-2021, 05:14 PM

Ukrainian bulk carrier Arvin breaks up in heavy seas.

https://www.reddit.com/user/primmlj/...o_ship_before/

The reason it broke up is because of its length. The keel flexed too much in the high waves. This type of ship is long and narrow for a reason. It's built for rivers, not the open ocean. I really do question why it was there especially this time of year as if the sea is calm it would have no problems.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:36 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ukrainian bulk carrier Arvin breaks up in heavy seas.

https://www.reddit.com/user/primmlj/...o_ship_before/

The reason it broke up is because of its length. The keel flexed too much in the high waves. This type of ship is long and narrow for a reason. It's built for rivers, not the open ocean. I really do question why it was there especially this time of year as if the sea is calm it would have no problems.
What is "Ukrainian" about this late ship? The fact that Ukrainian sailors died on it alongside Russians?

The USSR made these ships to transit the Black and Caspian seas.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
What is "Ukrainian" about this late ship? The fact that Ukrainian sailors died on it alongside Russians?

And why do you think this particular ship "built by the USSR" stayed in Ukraine all this time?

Because it was made in Ukraine.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:20 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And why do you think this particular ship "built by the USSR" stayed in Ukraine all this time?

Because it was made in Ukraine.
You committed a logical fallacy here. Can you guess which one? I also erred because this ship was not built in the USSR at all (including Ukraine).

Here are some facts: it didn't "stay in Ukraine all this time", register in Ukraine ever, nor have Ukrainian ownership. It used to be registered in Russia before being transferred to overseas registry. It also was not in transit between any Ukrainian ports. It simply had joint Ukrainian and Russian crew and was managed by a Ukrainian company. Perhaps you consider the Black Sea "Ukraine".

Old 02-01-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:

It was referred to as Ukrainian owned flying under the flag of Palau. Turns out ships of this type do frequent the coasts of the Black Sea often crossing it weather permitting and condition of the ship. The condition of the ship at the time is unknown but shipping companies are notorious for using near derelicts. Floating wrecks. Russia, Bulgaria, Turkey and Ukraine all have had complaints lodged against them for bad practices. The owners usually just ignore them.

It was anchored trying to shelter from the storm but it didn't work out.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
You committed a logical fallacy here. Can you guess which one?

Don't know, don't care)))

Quote:
I also erred because this ship was not built in the USSR at all (including Ukraine).

Here are some facts: it didn't "stay in Ukraine all this time", register in Ukraine ever, nor have Ukrainian ownership. It used to be registered in Russia before being transferred to overseas registry. It also was not in transit between any Ukrainian ports. It simply had joint Ukrainian and Russian crew and was managed by a Ukrainian company. Perhaps you consider the Black Sea "Ukraine".
I don't, but I am glad you dug into all this for a change, not me)))

Meanwhile, I am listening here the interview that Olga Sharij ( Anatoliy's wife) gave recently on Spanish radio about the stream of nazi, coming to Spain to literally hunt them and their child.
While Zelensky/his party ratings are plunging, Sharij's party popularity is going up, and obviously nazi can't live with that.

So the lives of Sharijs are definitely threatened, and Spanish police is very much aware of that.

They already caught one thug in connection with that, who was on the Interpol list, but Sharijs gave them the list of others, who are currently in Spain, in spite of all Covid and closed borders.

Sharijs caught as well one of the Ukrainian officials making pictures of their home, in order to publicize it on Nazi sites, for "open hunt."
Which is of course illegal in EU, unlike in "free and democratic Ukraine."
Uh-oh.

Don't you love it when Zelensky and his nazi hutzpa are exposed in EU for what they are?

I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr13lyHvzMg&t=14s

Last edited by erasure; 02-01-2021 at 08:15 PM..

Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 PM
DKM

Disinformation drives Russian imperialist aggression. Against the truth of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine the Putin regime fostered the “civil war in Ukraine” lie, etc. This Sharij figure is paid by the same people who paid Dubinsky to drum up support from Trump to undo Ukrainian reforms. It all blew up in his face with his expulsion from the SN party today.

Doesn't bother me that Russian connected oligarchs find their paid helpers getting treated like this.

I can totally understand why some people would take the violence brought to their families in the east of Ukraine and hunt down these people who still support it. Probably because I know someone who did. You can call them nazi all they want, but they are determined to end this nonsense destroying their hometowns. Maybe dear Sharrij should stop attacking Ukraine with his rhetoric online and his problems will lessen.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Disinformation drives Russian imperialist aggression. Against the truth of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine the Putin regime fostered the “civil war in Ukraine” lie, etc. This Sharij figure is paid by the same people who paid Dubinsky to drum up support from Trump to undo Ukrainian reforms. It all blew up in his face with his expulsion from the SN party today.

Doesn't bother me that Russian connected oligarchs find their paid helpers getting treated like this.

Mkay, so you liked the interview given to the Spanish radio as much as I did, I take it?

I knew it.

P.S. As far as Dubinsky goes - yes, I listened to his first interview given to Ukrainian TV today too.

See, his problem is that he was supporting Zelensky personally for too long, (he still does,) all while knowing that people around him are promoting the interests of colonial powers, and not Ukrainian national interests.

So while Sharij points at Zelensky directly, as a person who betrayed the vote of millions of people, and who runs today the nazi hutzpa, Dubinsky preferred to play the game of "good king, bad ministers."
But this couldn't last for long, obviously, and as soon as he dared to point at corrupt ties between Bidens and Ukrainian officials, he was immediately reported to US government by the "friends of American democrats."
His "Servants of the People" party could expel him of course, the problem is - their ratings along with Zelensky are going down significantly lately and when they'll lose someone like Dubinsky, the rating will go even lower.

But what do you do - such is life.
Dubinsky will have to think it all over, and decide what he wants to do next, to look for new alliances or to keep on staying on his lonely path.

The rest remains to be seeing.

Quote:
I can totally understand why some people would take the violence brought to their families in the east of Ukraine and hunt down these people who still support it. Probably because I know someone who did. You can call them nazi all they want, but they are determined to end this nonsense destroying their hometowns. Maybe dear Sharrij should stop attacking Ukraine with his rhetoric online and his problems will lessen.

You mean the nazi will stop threatening his life going after him in EU?
Whaddayaknow, that's how "democracy" works "European way" apparently.

And no DKM, it's not about "some families in the East" - the Nazi have their home turf in Western part of Ukraine.
Once that part is cut loose, the ones in the Eastern Ukraine will be finished off fast.

Last edited by erasure; 02-01-2021 at 10:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe