Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 08:07 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Zelensky is a liar. This move is about one thing, silencing the opposition. He is living in fear. It's the same pattern I'm seeing here in America. Democrats silencing the opposition.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/zel...n-tv-channels/

You are correct Erasure.

P.S. Yet another important thing to mention, after I've read the article.
I've listened to all those three channels a lot.
They never even mentioned the word "Russia" there a single time.

But what Nazi propaganda does, ( in the same manner as this "neweurope" article,) is that they christen ANY criticism of Zelensky's government as "Russian propaganda," and now, increasingly - "terrorism."

Things like high energy tariffs that the population can't afford any longer, falling incomes/pensions, rising prices, the inept/unqualified government officials, loss of state sovereignty - it's all labeled as "Russian propaganda" and "terrorism."

The true reason why American Democrats supported the banning of these channels, is because sponsored by them "Ukraine as anti-Russia project" is in jeopardy.

That's why they need to shut everyone up, any dissent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 01:18 PM

The Nazi keep on gathering near the TV station NOT connected with the owners of the other three stations that were shut down earlier.
The only thing that ties them all, is that this TV channel challenges Zelensky's propaganda machine as the other three, and the Nazi find it unacceptable.

The police ( as usual) protects the actions of the militants.

When the police was trying to interfere with their attack on a TV station a day ago, the criminal cases were opened against few police officers of higher rank, who were in charge of it.

Since then, all the detained Nazi were set free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuu...re=em-comments

Last edited by erasure; 02-06-2021 at 01:33 PM..

Old 02-06-2021, 01:31 PM

On the closure of the TV channels in Ukraine, that dared to contradict Zelensky's propaganda machine;

"The U.S. Embassy voiced support for Ukraine’s efforts "to counter Russia’s malign influence, in line with Ukrainian law, in defense of its sovereignty and territorial integrity."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukrain...riendly-tycoon

( It was clearly unconstitutional move on Zelensky's part.)

"In a written statement on February 3, the spokesperson of EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell, said that "while Ukraine's efforts to protect its territorial integrity and national security, as well as to defend itself from information manipulation are legitimate, in particular given the scale of disinformation campaigns affecting Ukraine including from abroad, this should not come at the expense of freedom of media and must be done in full respect of fundamental rights and freedoms and following international standards.

The statement added that "any measures taken should be proportional to the aim" and that Brussels would be in touch with Ukrainian authorities to receive more information on the issue...

The EU statement contrasts with the response from the United States, which said that "the US supports Ukraine's effort to counter Russia's malign influence in line with Ukrainian law, in defense of its sovereignty & territorial integrity."

https://www.rferl.org/a/eu-questions.../31084591.html

Old 02-06-2021, 03:19 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

The opinion of Western Ukrainians of Zelensky was that he was BORN IN THE EASTERN PART OF UKRAINE, and thus he was the "second sort of Ukrainian" by default. ( Not to mention the activities of his "Kvartal 95" show, which lived off the satire on Poroshenko's government.)
So was half my family and many friends born in the eastern part of Ukraine. And you know what happened 7 years ago? The unimaginable, they had to take up arms to fight off Russians in their backyards. A friend of mine had a surreal moment: stumbling upon a group of Russians in a truck telling them "come on guys, join us and lets fight Bandera together!" They told them to leave but nobody got shot that day. Later on though, yep confirmed kills of guys wearing the tri color. Who knows, maybe they were from Donetsk and wearing that silly tri color. Dead all the same.

Quote:
So in order to prove that he was a "true patriotic Ukrainian," he turned backwards - he stopped speaking his native Russian.
Yeah, I agree this is silly. I wish he spoke Russian more often in public.

Quote:
Tell these fairy tales elsewhere.
No surprise learning this fact about minimum wages bothers you. Don't say facts that blur my disnformation DKM!

Quote:
P.S. Yet another important thing to mention, after I've read the article.
I've listened to all those three channels a lot.
Shocker, you listened to "Ukrainian" Russian propaganda channels

Quote:
The Nazi keep on gathering near the TV station NOT connected with the owners of the other three stations that were shut down earlier.
The only thing that ties them all, is that this TV channel challenges Zelensky's propaganda machine as the other three, and the Nazi find it unacceptable.

Nash TV is a bit complicated. It does not have ties to Russia's government like the other 3. But it is owned by a Russian affiliated politician. These "nazi" probably don't like their message, but since its not Russian connected, it should stay open IMO. Further investigation is warranted.

Quote:
"In a written statement on February 3, the spokesperson of EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell, said that "while Ukraine's efforts to protect its territorial integrity and national security, as well as to defend itself from information manipulation are legitimate, in particular given the scale of disinformation campaigns affecting Ukraine including from abroad, this should not come at the expense of freedom of media and must be done in full respect of fundamental rights and freedoms and following international standards.

The statement added that "any measures taken should be proportional to the aim" and that Brussels would be in touch with Ukrainian authorities to receive more information on the issue...
That EU statement, as I predicted, was rather neutral milquetoast. And I agree with it, you have to be careful when closing media but it was action to defend against disinformation like you post on here daily.

Here is the UK's position:
"I welcome @ZelenskyyUa’s bold action in tackling disinformation, which causes real harm to Flag of Ukraine. I also welcome his assurances on the need to protect media freedom and plurality #Ukraine"

He didn't close opposition TV stations, as Nash is still open and so are other outlets critical of Ze such as the Western Ukrainian ones and Poroshenko backers who think Ze is too pro Russian. Only the 3 connected with Russian govt are shut down.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
So was half my family and many friends born in the eastern part of Ukraine. And you know what happened 7 years ago? The unimaginable, they had to take up arms to fight off Russians in their backyards. A friend of mine had a surreal moment: stumbling upon a group of Russians in a truck telling them "come on guys, join us and lets fight Bandera together!" They told them to leave but nobody got shot that day. Later on though, yep confirmed kills of guys wearing the tri color. Who knows, maybe they were from Donetsk and wearing that silly tri color. Dead all the same.

This is the typical propaganda peddled by the Nationalists, void of any sense of reality, not to mention logic - "we are fighting war with Russia." And don't you dare to say anything different - they'll shred you to pieces, because this contradicts their convenient narrative.

Do you really think that after the coup d'etat in Kiev, the South-East rejoiced as one, to welcome alien to them Western Ukrainian culture and alien to them dialects of the Western Ukraine? ( Not to mention alien to them their "national heroes"?)

Of course not. The majority of the South-Easterners were not happy at all, but they were demoralized in their resistance to the new government for two reasons;
Number one - they already knew that Americans supported the coup d'etat in Kiev, the new government, and thus - the Ukrainian military had financial support from them.
And number two - that Putin basically betrayed them, and didn't provide the kind of protection he promised, and the kind they were hoping for.

However, such blue collar region as Donbass decided to fight the invaders ( i.e. the new Poroshenko's government along with Western Ukrainians,) Americans or not, and that's how the new military units of resistance were born.
You can say of course that "Russia's Girkin organized them," but Girkin still organized the LOCALS willing to fight, and not some "Russians."

Poroshenko, being aware that the South-East will not look kindly at his new pro-American government, started the hostile military actions in the South-East of the country to suppress any dissent, and that's how the civil war was unleashed in Ukraine.

Kremlin, that initially refused to back up Girkin with Russian troops, now decided to enter the game, providing Donbass fighters with logistic help ( and I am sure with the military reinforcement when really necessary,) not to mention that a lot of Russian volunteers joined Donbass as well ( why wouldn't they?)

And so there you have it. There is a proxy war going on in Ukraine - America against Russia, but it's a civil war first of all, and not some "Ukrainian war against Russia," as the nationalists claim on each and every corner.
I kinda understand their skewed thinking, where they are coming, pushing this line.

In their understanding, if not for Russian help, the Donbass rebels would have been suppressed and all killed, because of their smaller numbers comparably to Ukrainian Army. Therefore it's not really a "civil war, but war with Russia."

What these geniuses completely disregard though, is that if it were not for American backing and financing, they could have been wiped out as well; at least in the South-Eastern part of the country.
Therefore they fail to see the proxy war that is going on in Ukraine, keeping pushing for 'war with Russia" narrative. But then, again, I already mentioned many times that these are people of limited intellectual capacities, to put it mildly.

Where your friends ( or relatives) DKM fell into this whole picture is irrelevant, because their experience/loyalties do not define the existing situation.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree this is silly. I wish he spoke Russian more often in public.
It's not "silly" of him DKM.
As I've said, by refusing to speak his native tongue, Zelensky is trying to prove his loyalty to Western Ukraine and the Nazi. He is practically turning backwards for them.
Plus he is really afraid of the Nationalists, on whose squadrons he increasingly relies now.

Quote:
No surprise learning this fact about minimum wages bothers you. Don't say facts that blur my disnformation DKM!
DKM, we already know that Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe by now, so what are you huffing and puffing here, I have no idea.

Quote:
Shocker, you listened to "Ukrainian" Russian propaganda channels
The channels are shut down for three days now, but the tariff protests with people blocking highways keep on going. Apparently they didn't receive the memo that these tariffs were all "Russian propaganda?"

Last edited by erasure; 02-06-2021 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-06-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Nash TV is a bit complicated. It does not have ties to Russia's government like the other 3. But it is owned by a Russian affiliated politician. These "nazi" probably don't like their message, but since its not Russian connected, it should stay open IMO. Further investigation is warranted.

Truth to be told, one of the major factors why Zelensky wanted those three channels to be shut, was Sharij's participation in them in particular - he was invited there pretty often.
Medvedchuk and openly pro-Russian "Opposition platform" were less dangerous for Zelensky than Sharij.

While Zelensky and Co keep on selling Ukrainians "we are moving to Europe" punchlines, Sharij who actually LIVES IN EUROPE, keeps on exposing his lies, explaining in details to Ukrainians where exactly they are duped, things like European politics and economy, the laws and so on. Not only that - he exposes the corrupt schemes of Zelensky's cabinet, naming names and revealing crimes.

Zelensky has hard time dealing with all that, particularly knowing that Sharij contributed a lot to the downfall of Poroshenko before him, and now the younger and more educated electorate of the South East that used to support Zelensky, is flocking to Sharij.
So Zelensky was already sending his people to those three channels to negotiate the removal of Sharij from broadcasting, but apparently they refused, so there was a price to pay.

I see the same journalists working on "Nash" as on the other three channels ( and they are on very good terms with Sharij,) so...

Quote:
That EU statement, as I predicted, was rather neutral milquetoast. And I agree with it, you have to be careful when closing media but it was action to defend against disinformation like you post on here daily.
I have no idea what "disinformation" I am posting here daily.

But I've noticed one thing - anything and everything the Nazi in Ukraine are disagree with, is touted as "disinformation."

Quote:
Here is the UK's position:
"I welcome @ZelenskyyUa’s bold action in tackling disinformation, which causes real harm to Flag of Ukraine. I also welcome his assurances on the need to protect media freedom and plurality #Ukraine"
It remains to be seeing, who will take what position, because the journalists from those 3 TV stations appealed to international media organizations.

After all, it shouldn't be illegal to promote pro-Russian interests in Ukraine, even solely for economic reasons.

I hear the reports lately, that even Zelensky personally is going to get royalties from Russia, since his franchised "Laugh League" has been purchased by Russian TV channel. ( It needs to be noted that Zelensky himself started as a comedian on famous Russian show, then he broke off which didn't make the owner of that show happy, but now it seems 18 years later he is buying back Zelensky's franchise.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WGxYaxnZOk

Quote:
He didn't close opposition TV stations, as Nash is still open and so are other outlets critical of Ze such as the Western Ukrainian ones and Poroshenko backers who think Ze is too pro Russian. Only the 3 connected with Russian govt are shut down.
You are still not getting it; the "other outlets" in Western Ukraine are not "critical of Zelensky" - they downright call him the derogatory names and some *heroes* of these channels are threatening to kill him, since he is the Eastern Ukrainian who will never be good enough period, while he dared to apply for presidency.

These are those 20% that were voting for Poroshenko and 0.09% that were voting for the National Corps as political party.

Last edited by erasure; 02-06-2021 at 07:55 PM..

Old 02-07-2021, 07:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
This is the typical propaganda peddled by the Nationalists, void of any sense of reality, not to mention logic - "we are fighting war with Russia." And don't you dare to say anything different - they'll shred you to pieces, because this contradicts their convenient narrative.

Do you really think that after the coup d'etat in Kiev, the South-East rejoiced as one, to welcome alien to them Western Ukrainian culture and alien to them dialects of the Western Ukraine? ( Not to mention alien to them their "national heroes"?)

Of course not. The majority of the South-Easterners were not happy at all, but they were demoralized in their resistance to the new government for two reasons;
Number one - they already knew that Americans supported the coup d'etat in Kiev, the new government, and thus - the Ukrainian military had financial support from them.
And number two - that Putin basically betrayed them, and didn't provide the kind of protection he promised, and the kind they were hoping for.

However, such blue collar region as Donbass decided to fight the invaders ( i.e. the new Poroshenko's government along with Western Ukrainians,) Americans or not, and that's how the new military units of resistance were born.
You can say of course that "Russia's Girkin organized them," but Girkin still organized the LOCALS willing to fight, and not some "Russians."

Poroshenko, being aware that the South-East will not look kindly at his new pro-American government, started the hostile military actions in the South-East of the country to suppress any dissent, and that's how the civil war was unleashed in Ukraine.

Kremlin, that initially refused to back up Girkin with Russian troops, now decided to enter the game, providing Donbass fighters with logistic help ( and I am sure with the military reinforcement when really necessary,) not to mention that a lot of Russian volunteers joined Donbass as well ( why wouldn't they?)

And so there you have it. There is a proxy war going on in Ukraine - America against Russia, but it's a civil war first of all, and not some "Ukrainian war against Russia," as the nationalists claim on each and every corner.
I kinda understand their skewed thinking, where they are coming, pushing this line.

In their understanding, if not for Russian help, the Donbass rebels would have been suppressed and all killed, because of their smaller numbers comparably to Ukrainian Army. Therefore it's not really a "civil war, but war with Russia."

What these geniuses completely disregard though, is that if it were not for American backing and financing, they could have been wiped out as well; at least in the South-Eastern part of the country.
Therefore they fail to see the proxy war that is going on in Ukraine, keeping pushing for 'war with Russia" narrative. But then, again, I already mentioned many times that these are people of limited intellectual capacities, to put it mildly.

Where your friends ( or relatives) DKM fell into this whole picture is irrelevant, because their experience/loyalties do not define the existing situation.

It's not "silly" of him DKM.
As I've said, by refusing to speak his native tongue, Zelensky is trying to prove his loyalty to Western Ukraine and the Nazi. He is practically turning backwards for them.
Plus he is really afraid of the Nationalists, on whose squadrons he increasingly relies now.

DKM, we already know that Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe by now, so what are you huffing and puffing here, I have no idea.

The channels are shut down for three days now, but the tariff protests with people blocking highways keep on going. Apparently they didn't receive the memo that these tariffs were all "Russian propaganda?"
Russia turned its gaze from the truck loads of ammunition and supplies from the Chechen Republic and Khazakhstan crossing its territory and even 122mm guns found in gardens in the Urals moving across the Ukrainian border. There were thousands of Russian volunteers also along with soldiers going AWOL in order to get in on the action. There were also Chechen fighters there and other mercs. Rich Russians paid for a lot of this.

Russia proper also gave them very good intelligence on movement a where stores were kept apparently by sattelite imagery. This is why the Nazis had such a hard time with supply during a battle. It forced them to keep supply points far behind the lines to protect dumps from artillery raids.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia turned its gaze from the truck loads of ammunition and supplies from the Chechen Republic and Khazakhstan crossing its territory and even 122mm guns found in gardens in the Urals moving across the Ukrainian border. There were thousands of Russian volunteers also along with soldiers going AWOL in order to get in on the action. There were also Chechen fighters there and other mercs. Rich Russians paid for a lot of this.

Russia proper also gave them very good intelligence on movement a where stores were kept apparently by sattelite imagery. This is why the Nazis had such a hard time with supply during a battle. It forced them to keep supply points far behind the lines to protect dumps from artillery raids.

I wish all of this ( and then some more) would have happened much earlier in time, so that Russia would have cut off the entire South East from the Nazi, and the Western part would be cut loose to do whatever they were pleased - standing on their heads, "joining Europe," America - whatever.

Then this cancer wouldn't be spreading by now all over the place.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:42 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
I wish all of this ( and then some more) would have happened much earlier in time, so that Russia would have cut off the entire South East from the Nazi, and the Western part would be cut loose to do whatever they were pleased - standing on their heads, "joining Europe," America - whatever.

Apparently, then there would be a big war, which our potential friends so persistently sought." The very ones who really want to solve their problems once again at the expense of Russian blood.This has already happened in history.

Let's remember how it all started. On the second day after the Maidan, military equipment was sent to the east of Ukraine, all of which could be sent.At the same time, remember, there were many videos of Ukrainian boys on tanks,without ammunition,caught by collective farmers in the fields of Donetsk, etc. Then there was a "patriot" and in fact a provocateur Strelkov, who with a couple of three people armed with anything, held back the entire Ukrainian army, sitting at some checkpoint.we remember how Strelkov groaned.."Putin give weapons" Putin bring in troops" and so on. They started the war gently and carefully, first the village boys on the buses, then the Strelkov , and so on, then when the temperature rose, they started shelling peaceful streets and people.And then you know..

At the same time,all social networks were literally blown up with groans, shouts and demands that Russia invade with the whole army and restore order.
At whose command social networks explode and protests are organized, we can see perfectly well right now, online.

And what was happening in Europe at that time? Let's see, let's remember.

The most powerful PR company behind Bragsit, Britain, was just about to leave the EU to sit on the sidelines during the great war.

The whole of Europe, as if by magic, was suddenly flooded with refugees, and not just refugees, but young strong men, just familiar with war and weapons.Well, yes, they showed a couple of stories to distract the eyes, that they say we can not, we can not contain this wave of refugees in any way. ay ay. But aren't these refugees supposed to be mercenaries in the event of a war? They would have been left with no other choice. It's just that Europeans personally do not want to fight with the Russians, those people are still alive who remember how painful it is..So we decided, with someone else's hands, someone else's blood.

But this stupid Russia, did not want to fight and that's all. And Brexit was no longer needed, and the process was launched, and what to do with it now. Moreover, the money is paid. With the refugees, too, now it is not clear what, they were not called to work and they do not know how to work. The problem is terrible.. Russian aggression and monstrous Russian corruption (DCM won't let you lie) are the only things left to shake the air . But somehow everything went wrong. And all this is stupid Russia and Putin.

These are the considerations. How do you like the version of events?

Old 02-07-2021, 01:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:

It could only have bettered the situation had Russia plowed those aspiring 4th Reich warlords into the dirt.

It's going to get more complicated now. America having painted itself into a corner will have to look tougher and be more aggressive. Where the Trump admin avoided wars and sought to minimize expansionist policies Biden and the Democratic war machine is revving back up. I'm hearing rumblings of more aggression in Syria and possibly even Lebanon.

https://tass.com/world/1252523

Turkeys deal for their drones may toss a wrench into the works of any Donbas plans for peace. You don't give mad dogs guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d600KhA037I

Russia could still correct this problem with little effort. As it is widely known, there would be more Ukrainians begging for guns from Russia than there would be fighting Russian forces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe