Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 10:39 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
I wish West could "colonize" Russia ASAP as well, because that psycho in Kremlin is not going to leave his tsar chair until he's dead, just like his soviet predecessors.
Nhe West has long made it, what's wrong? It is only necessary to look at who owns the majority of Russian enterprises and everything will become clear. And the oligarchs who supposedly lead them are just Western puppets..figureheads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 11:15 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
DKM, I post the videos of UKRAINIAN TV channels, not the Russian ones.

They are talking there about the disaster that their "vaccination campaign" is, and they are the ones giving the numbers that THEIR government is pitching them.

Ukrainian TV, not the Russian one, capisce?
In fact the majority of Russians wouldn't even understand a lot of it, since they use Ukrainian/Russian interchangeably on those channels.

It usually takes some time before Russians can adjust their ear to Ukrainian dialect.
Russian oligarchs who fund shows on Youtube using some Ukrainians is still Russian propaganda. They want to inflame any bad thing they can to get fed up people to join them on some quest to reject the west. The reasons are clear, they want to preserve their corrupt system that enriches the same kinds of elite who get rich in Russia...

They have to fight "westernism" because the West and IMF demands the dismantling of the corrupt chains. It's what this is all about and has been since 2013. Medvedchuk and all the like are against privatization, land reforms and the rest and his lapdog Sharijj you keep posting on here is another branch from the same tree. The oligarchy is hurting without these gas subsidies. And free trade rules with Europe make it harder to control exports for their profit. The possible reduction of MP's in parliament will further choke their hold on controlling Ukraine for their profits. It is very transparent and easy to see when you know about real Ukrainian society. Fortunately the people there of my generation get this and are running the show. Nobody with half a brain there sees Russia and thinks, yeah I want us to be more like that instead of like in Europe. And no, not a single person there is fooled into thinking the current situation is how Ukraine's future aligned with Europe will be like. It is a transition with a literal war being fought during a pandemic no less.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russian oligarchs who fund shows on Youtube using some Ukrainians is still Russian propaganda. They want to inflame any bad thing they can to get fed up people to join them on some quest to reject the west. The reasons are clear, they want to preserve their corrupt system that enriches the same kinds of elite who get rich in Russia...

They have to fight "westernism" because the West and IMF demands the dismantling of the corrupt chains. It's what this is all about and has been since 2013. Medvedchuk and all the like are against privatization, land reforms and the rest and his lapdog Sharijj you keep posting on here is another branch from the same tree. The oligarchy is hurting without these gas subsidies. And free trade rules with Europe make it harder to control exports for their profit. The possible reduction of MP's in parliament will further choke their hold on controlling Ukraine for their profits. It is very transparent and easy to see when you know about real Ukrainian society. Fortunately the people there of my generation get this and are running the show. Nobody with half a brain there sees Russia and thinks, yeah I want us to be more like that instead of like in Europe. And no, not a single person there is fooled into thinking the current situation is how Ukraine's future aligned with Europe will be like. It is a transition with a literal war being fought during a pandemic no less.
As always, you are absolutely far from reality and again you are talking follys. Both Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs are links in the same chain. The West and the IMF are in no way profitable to somehow infringe on them or destroy them, if they do that.what they are told. All the riches of these oligarchs is located in the West and works for the Western economy. They own real estate in the West, pay taxes for it there, their money is in accounts in Western banks, all sorts of yachts, planes they also order from Western companies. And this is a huge injection into the economy and support for many jobs. So the West and the IMF, I think, have not yet gone mad to slaughter the chicken that lays the golden eggs.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:59 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Let's try again.
NOT "shows on Youtube."
Ukrainian TV.

Capisce?

Quote:
They have to fight "westernism" because the West and IMF demands the dismantling of the corrupt chains. It's what this is all about and has been since 2013.
The West is dismantling the "corrupt chains" inconvenient for the West, and establishes the corrupt chains that serve the Western interests.
It's what this is all about since 2014.

Quote:
Medvedchuk and all the like are against privatization, land reforms and the rest
All Ukrainians in their sound mind are against the "land reforms" - i.e. the sellout of Ukrainian lands to the foreign corporations.

Medvedchuk is Putin's associate; Putin is one of the biggest corporatists out there, so what "against privatization" you are talking about, I have no idea.

Quote:
and his lapdog Sharijj you keep posting on here is another branch from the same tree.
These are two completely unrelated forces, only *Ukrainian patriots* of bleating kind see everyone out there who is not ready to join their bleating herd, as one collective "Putin."
Their latest idiocy is that people that join the "energy bills protests" now across the country - that's "all Putin" too. The "hand of Kremlin," you know.

Quote:
The oligarchy is hurting without these gas subsidies.
The oligarchy is actually thriving with these gas prices. They are the "middle man" in all these schemes of "reverse gas supply" from Russia, while the Ukrainians can't afford food any longer because of these bills.

I am listening what people are saying during these protests, and it's like their pensions are 2,000 grivnas, and they receive monthly bills for 2,500 grivnas.

Those that are still working - some of them, are saying that their salaries are 6-7 thousand grivnas per month, and they are receiving bills up to 5 thousand grivnas.

It's mostly rural areas of course, in Kiev the salaries are higher, but the idiots in Rada don't care about the differences. So obviously, the mass protests are "organized by Kremlin," and so they find more and more "FSB spies" among the Ukrainian retirees.

I kid you not.

Quote:
And free trade rules with Europe make it harder to control exports for their profit.
No one is talking about "trade rules with Europe" over there.
By now everyone understands that China is a number one partner in terms of trade, as much as a supplier of the Covid vaccine apparently.

Quote:
The possible reduction of MP's in parliament will further choke their hold on controlling Ukraine for their profits.
The possible reduction of MP's means less representation of population residing in rural areas, and easier control of the "Servants of the people" party by Zelensky.

Quote:
It is very transparent and easy to see when you know about real Ukrainian society.
It's "real" in your imagination only, the kind you are referring to.

Quote:
Fortunately the people there of my generation get this and are running the show.
They THINK they do.

They are trying, using their gangs and fists, but circumstances are stronger than them, so it's all coming crashing down soon, it's all coming to inevitable end.

Quote:
Nobody with half a brain there sees Russia and thinks, yeah I want us to be more like that instead of like in Europe.
It doesn't matter what they "want."
The fact is, they are far more like Russia than some proverbial "Europe."

Quote:
And no, not a single person there is fooled into thinking the current situation is how Ukraine's future aligned with Europe will be like. It is a transition with a literal war being fought during a pandemic no less.
They need to "align" their brains first of all.
If they'll ever find them that is.

Last edited by erasure; 01-28-2021 at 01:00 AM..

Old 01-28-2021, 12:12 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
As always, you are absolutely far from reality and again you are talking follys. Both Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs are links in the same chain. The West and the IMF are in no way profitable to somehow infringe on them or destroy them, if they do that.what they are told. All the riches of these oligarchs is located in the West and works for the Western economy. They own real estate in the West, pay taxes for it there, their money is in accounts in Western banks, all sorts of yachts, planes they also order from Western companies. And this is a huge injection into the economy and support for many jobs. So the West and the IMF, I think, have not yet gone mad to slaughter the chicken that lays the golden eggs.
You're halfway right. But where you are wrong is that we care or need oligarch money here. It is absolutely peanuts to our economy when another corrupt elite moves into our area (it helps our luxury real estate prices). But think about why they move their money here? Because business here is not beholden to corrupt officials.

The IMF functions not as a conspiracy to extract resources from poor countries, but as a stabilization mechanism. Countries in financial trouble usually get there by spending more than they can afford. So the IMF comes in with cheaper loans to refinance their bills do but with it comes the requirements to spend less money. For Ukraine, this mostly was to rein in spending on wasteful subsidies, but also other issues they have where the oligarchy is strangling the economy to enrich themselves.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
You're halfway right. But where you are wrong is that we care or need oligarch money here. It is absolutely peanuts to our economy when another corrupt elite moves into our area (it helps our luxury real estate prices). But think about why they move their money here? Because business here is not beholden to corrupt officials.

DKM...
What planet do you live on, or rather how old are you?

This is a serious question.

The reason why "corrupt officials" in Russia/Ukraine/other former CIS countries hold so much power, is because this whole class has been created with the help of the Western banking system.

When back in the 90ies all these "corrupt officials" turned into the "business people" overnight and were greeted by the Western powers, where do you think they moved their money to, in order to run their shady business in Russia/Ukraine?

To the Western banks, that's where.

Because THEIR RIGHTS as the account holders were protected there; no one was prodding how they made those money, or no one could swindle those money from them, while these very "business people" ( or "corrupt officials" - one and the same thing,) were robbing their own population dry, when people were trying to place money in THEIR respective banks.

The money of your average Russians, Ukrainians were protected by no laws, no Western institutions - nothing, and were gone in a matter of days, simply swindled from them and transferred yet again to the Western banks, on the private accounts of the "corrupt officials."

Then the "corrupt officials" were picking and choosing where/how to invest back in Russia/Ukraine, steadily growing their capital, and once the quick profit was made, the money were going back on Western accounts, protected by Western laws.

And that's how the crooks ( call them "corrupt officials") came in total control of Russian/Ukrainian economies.

So now when we are clear on that, calling "peanuts" billions and billions of dollars sucked out of Russian economy and transferred to the West ( for "safe keeping") is funny to say the least.

But all this goes back to your age/planet question.

Quote:
The IMF functions not as a conspiracy to extract resources from poor countries, but as a stabilization mechanism. Countries in financial trouble usually get there by spending more than they can afford. So the IMF comes in with cheaper loans to refinance their bills do but with it comes the requirements to spend less money. For Ukraine, this mostly was to rein in spending on wasteful subsidies, but also other issues they have where the oligarchy is strangling the economy to enrich themselves.
were
Right.
A "stabilizing mechanism" to keep the system going, extracting from some, and transferring to others.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:

I don't even want to comment on this nonsense.

I have only one question for you: have you ever received a salary by socks in your life? Or by umbrellas? Or by pasta?

Old 01-28-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:

I have only one question for you: have you ever received a salary by socks in your life? Or by umbrellas? Or by pasta?

"In" Zimogor, "in", as in "have you ever being paid in socks or umbrellas," ( instead of money,) but even then, I am afraid, DKM won't understand what you are talking about.

But I do.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"In" Zimogor, "in", as in "have you ever being paid in socks or umbrellas," ( instead of money,) but even then, I am afraid, DKM won't understand what you are talking about.

But I do.
Sorry for my english.... and thanks..
That's exactly what I wanted to say.
I still remember my apartment, littered with boxes of socks and pasta.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:07 PM
DKM

Quote:

Of course, the Russian propagandists who support oligarchy are trained well to disregard this as nonsense. All western programs to help Ukraine fight corruption (especially financial support for doing so) are to be undermined and attacked at every opportunity. It is as anti Russian as can be, pushing a country down the path of governance reforms in exchange for assistance.

It must be driving you guys nuts that even the pandemic didn't collapse this "anti Russian" project. And they are stealing your language so you can't infect the younger generation there with your lies. What is the long game other than depopulating the Donbas and claiming that somehow means Ukraine is ruined? Eventually they are going to kick your army out, one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe