Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 07:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Those figures are not comparing total consumption, but total consumption divided by population (per capita) so wether Romania has a smaller or larger population than Ukraine that doesn’t play in. And yes China still heavily relies on coal and other sources. China right now is trying to switch from dirty coal into cleaner natural gas, that’s why the Siberian pipeline was so crucial. But China still needs to build out it’s natural gas infrastructure.
Those stats are heavily skewed by the consumption of gas for electricity production. If you took out the gas used to make electricity, then you are left with the gas consumption for heating and industrial uses. It would be a much different graph as Ukraine would be much higher on the list. Gas is a relatively small share of electricity production there since nuclear is such a large component (and even coal is used more than gas).

Your "statista" numbers are wrong for 2019. They didn't update them correctly as your number matches state run companies only and leaves out private producers (also missing those figures in 2017). Gas production does not vary that much year to year and it swings between 20 to 21 each year since the revolution. In 2019 production was 20.7. It is important to use facts, especially when dealing with Russians pushing a lie about Ukraine somehow being worse off associating with Europe.

I find it interesting, this could be a subject studied by people who have no relationship to the country. The removal of subsidies is obviously the reason for the decreased consumption. I have pointed out many times why subsidies are a bad idea, yet Russians and their propaganda agents in Ukraine (who stand to make billions) want them reinstated and keep this subject up as if it were a major national issue. Ordinary Ukrainians have much larger concerns than the price of natural gas. It makes said Russians angry when I point out their obvious lies, so on and on it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 09:21 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Those stats are heavily skewed by the consumption of gas for electricity production. If you took out the gas used to make electricity, then you are left with the gas consumption for heating and industrial uses. It would be a much different graph as Ukraine would be much higher on the list. Gas is a relatively small share of electricity production there since nuclear is such a large component (and even coal is used more than gas).

Your "statista" numbers are wrong for 2019. They didn't update them correctly as your number matches state run companies only and leaves out private producers (also missing those figures in 2017). Gas production does not vary that much year to year and it swings between 20 to 21 each year since the revolution. In 2019 production was 20.7. It is important to use facts, especially when dealing with Russians pushing a lie about Ukraine somehow being worse off associating with Europe.

I find it interesting, this could be a subject studied by people who have no relationship to the country. The removal of subsidies is obviously the reason for the decreased consumption. I have pointed out many times why subsidies are a bad idea, yet Russians and their propaganda agents in Ukraine (who stand to make billions) want them reinstated and keep this subject up as if it were a major national issue. Ordinary Ukrainians have much larger concerns than the price of natural gas. It makes said Russians angry when I point out their obvious lies, so on and on it goes.

And what that would be, DKM?

Old 01-10-2021, 09:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Whether or not they will have to frickasee Fido by spring or not.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:06 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

And what that would be, DKM?
I would probably be in their place, too, would be more concerned about the influence of Russian "liars" and not the fact that gas tariffs for the population have risen by 900% since 2014.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:42 AM

168 posts, read 128,874 times
https://www.rt.com/russia/512181-neo-nazi-fired-outcry/

Old 01-12-2021, 06:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Ukraines future is pretty bleak. Having chosen the path of colonial serfdom there's just not much left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGkW5ML00k

Old 01-12-2021, 10:07 PM

Yet another proof that Ukraine is a place of operation of American Democrats ( and those affiliated with them.)

And they are the ones helping the Nazi to fester there.

To make the long story short;

Someone named Elena Semenyaka received the grant ( or rather stipend) to do her studies in Austria's "Institute for Human Science"
Since the major focus of this institute is on "Cooperation between Western and Eastern Europe," Ukraine is part of the program.

Every year this institute offers placement to 100 people and is financed by the governments of Austria, Czechia and Poland ( and some other private donors.)
The aforementioned Elena Semenyaka was invited to participate in studies within the program "Ukraine in European dialog."

After her pictures with swastika on Austrian flag and her ties to "Azov" ( and Andrej Biletsky) became known in Austria, the "Green party" demanded the answers from the Institute ("why are you paying some Nazi with our tax money?")
The Institute was apologizing profusely and cancelled the stipend for her ( "We don't know how this could even happen, and it will never happen again.")

But at this point it needs to be noted, that "Ukrainian program" in this particular Institute is run by... some American professor of History from Yale University, Timothy D. Snyder.

And this professor happen to see no particular problems with the Nazi being on a rise in Ukraine; more than that - back in 2014, he came up with an article in Austrian media criticizing those, who were sounding the alarm.

It was about time, when Ukrainian Nazi with their open display of Nazi attributes ( "Azov" and the rest of the "National corps") got the attention of international observers.

Yet another organization that sponsors the Ukrainian program in Austrian "Institute for Human Science" is KBF Canada.

So as we can see, the "Ukraine" section of the Austrian Institute is run by US and Canada, ( which is full of Western Ukrainians, that escaped there after the WWII.)
And this might explain why someone like Elena Semenyaka got the stipend in the Austrian Institute, particularly keeping in mind the philosophy of Mr. Snyder, when it comes to Ukrainian Nationalism.

And so that you wouldn't have any doubts who Mr. Snyder is, ( and his affiliation,) - here is the latest from Wikipedia: ( yes I do my cross-references)

"In a May 2017 interview with Salon, he warned that the Trump administration would attempt to subvert democracy by declaring a state of emergency and take full control of the government, similar to Hitler's Reichstag fire: "it’s pretty much inevitable that they will try."[26] According to Snyder, "Trump's campaign for president of the United States was basically a Russian operation." He also warned that his lies would lead to tyranny.[27]
In January 2021, Snyder published a New York Times essay on the future of the GOP in response to the siege of the United States Capitol, blaming Trump and his "enablers," Senators Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, for the insurrection fueled by their false claims of election fraud"

Sounds familiar?
Now you know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTd01qKycpM&t=602s

Last edited by erasure; 01-12-2021 at 11:02 PM..

Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM

168 posts, read 128,874 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_n8UDqRU8

Old 01-14-2021, 07:56 PM

^
Sorry I can't stand listening more than a minute to this unkempt woman above, with very annoyingly aggressive manners, and her way of delivering the news ( any news.)

Yes, they do have protests all over the country going ( Zimogor, Montyan is saying that their tariffs went up only 600% not 900%.)

Big difference you know, so they still have ways to go, plus DKM is saying here that it's not the worst problem of the population.
So I am still waiting for the answer, what he considers to be more serious problem for Ukrainians at this point.

But I am listening to O. Medvedeva here, and apparently in couple of days they have the "language law" ( well another portion of it,) that's coming in place, that brings further restrictions on Russian speakers.
Now it's the turn of the service sector ( not government sector minding you) to switch to Ukrainian language only or else. ( The business owners are going to be fined, if the "language police" will receive a written report from a disgruntled consumer, that someone dared to speak Russian in his/her presence.

( Yes-yes, that's "free and democratic Ukraine" curated by Joe Biden, I remind again.
The "language laws" that "Russians on this board were "making up," all along, while "everyone in Ukraine is free to speak any language they like" ( according to DKM of course.))

So Olesya is passing the word to her listeners how to avoid the consequences of this law, because there is a loophole there, explained by one of the leading Ukrainian lawyers/former minister of Justice, Elena Lukash.

But obviously it's not going to be easy, knowing that the police ( which suppose to guard the order,) works hand in hand with the nationalists. ( We already saw how Sharij's people were attacked and beaten up by Nazi thugs, backed up by police.)

I feel sorry for the Easterners in particular, because Zelensky (whom they voted in the presidential office) made his money and fame on the Russian-speaking population, and his comedy shows were in Russian.

Now he supports all these "language laws" of forcible Ukrainization, that hit the very people that trusted him, and who brought him success and popularity.

I think he won't end up well, and for good reasons.

The clock is ticking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-QXr6tPZnM

P.S. Love the joke under this video, that got 1.7 k likes;

A Russian tourist comes to the bar in Tallinn ( Estonia) and orders a beer.

"Seven euros please" says the barman in English.
The tourist gives him 6 euros instead.
"Seven Euros please, not six" insists the barman in English.

The tourist is not paying attention.
Then the barman says to him in Russian; "This beer costs seven euros, not six."

The Russian tourist chuckles in return; "I knew that for one Euro you will recall Russian language. "

Last edited by erasure; 01-14-2021 at 09:25 PM..

Old 01-14-2021, 09:39 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Forcible Ukrainianization of Ukrainians. Now that's comedy right there.

Fun fact, I once translated between young Estonian hotel workers and Russian babushkas in Tallinn. First night, very tired but I did it. I could hardly believe young Estonians spoke perfect English and zero Russian but that's reality. Maybe I will do that someday in Kyiv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe