Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 09:45 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Forcible Ukrainianization of Ukrainians. Now that's comedy right there.

Fun fact, I once translated between young Estonian hotel workers and Russian babushkas in Tallinn. First night, very tired but I did it. I could hardly believe young Estonians spoke perfect English and zero Russian but that's reality. Maybe I will do that someday in Kyiv.

Oh quit your pretenses already DKM. (I understand you are trying to be funny and all.)

And while we are at that, so what were your concerns for Ukrainians at this point, if not for their astronomic energy bills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 02:53 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^

Yes, they do have protests all over the country going ( Zimogor, Montyan is saying that their tariffs went up only 600% not 900%.)
Maybe. I used the figures of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine.

The tariff from 2010 to 2014 was 0.7-1.2 UAH. I rounded it up to 1.
https://index.minfin.com.ua/tariff/gas/2010-08-01/

The tariff from 2021 is 7-10 UAH. I rounded it up to 9.
https://index.minfin.com.ua/tariff/gas/

The tariff has increased by about 9 times, and this is 900%.
But I didn't take inflation into account. So taking into account inflation, maybe 600%

Old 01-15-2021, 02:48 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Oh quit your pretenses already DKM. (I understand you are trying to be funny and all.)

And while we are at that, so what were your concerns for Ukrainians at this point, if not for their astronomic energy bills?
From everyone I spoke to recently during the holidays, the virus is the main concern. I thought that was obvious but obvious things aren't always to everyone... Most also feel optimistic about the new year. I guess to Russians, 10 dollars for energy a month is a lot more than 5, but this isn't destroying their livelihood like the virus is.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:03 PM

168 posts, read 128,922 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAi_R4DqvDQ

Old 01-15-2021, 05:19 PM

Today's dispatch from "Strana UA" - "US sanctions on Alexander Dubinsky."

"An interesting situation is developing around the seven people, on whom the US Treasury Department imposed sanctions.
These seven people were taking part in the publication of Derkach’s tapes and exposure of the activities of the Dem Party in Ukraine.
These people were accused of the “interference in the US presidential election process,†apparently because the published tapes ( of Poroshenko and Joe Biden) were discrediting the Democratic candidate.
The official reason for sanctions published on US Treasury Department site, is that “these seven individuals and four entities are part of a Russia-linked foreign influence network,†associated with Andrii Derkach, who is a “Russian agent.†( The US sanctions on him were imposed already back in September.)
So let’s have a look at the commotion created around these people in Ukraine today, who these people are, and what’s the reaction of the Ukrainian government.
So the following individuals were sanctioned; Member of Parliament Aleksandr Dubinsky, former deputy Alexander Onishenko, and Konstantin Kulyk, a former prosecutor for the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine.
As you are already aware, Dubinsky was consistently critical of the so-called “Sorosorians†in Ukrainian government ( i.e. Ukrainian officials linked to George Soros,) and he was in close contact with Rudy Giuliani, when the latter one was visiting Ukraine.
Konstantin Kulik participated in Derkach’s press conference.
He was telling how Hunter Biden was getting his money in Ukraine, while working for Burisma.
As far as Alexander Onishenko goes, he became well-known already after he left Ukraine, still in Poroshenko’s times. He published few articles exposing Poroshenko’s corruption and wrote a book “Peter the Fifth.†among other things, he published some recorded conversations from Porosheno’s office. He was talking on numerous occasions about Biden’s corruption in Ukraine as well. Back in 2019, he was detained ijn Germany, following the extradition request by SAB and NABU ( anti-corruption organization, set up by Americans in Ukraine.) This happened right before his planned trip to New-York, where he was invited by Donald Trump for important witnessing in Biden’s case. In summer Onishenko was set free however, and his extradition back to Ukraine was denied.
It’s worth mentioning, that the Treasure Department believes that it was Onishenko that passed the tapes of Biden/Poroshenko to Andrej Derkach.
On top of these three mentioned above individuals, there was one more person that was sanctioned, namely - former diplomat, Andrej Telizhenko. He, ( according to Americans,) introduced Derkach to some important government officials in the US; most likely - Trump’s people.
Telizhenko is well-known as well as the first person who publicized the information, how back in 2016, the Ukrainian embassy in US was working to assure the success of Hillary Clinton during presidential elections.
The other three journalists sanctioned by the US, were members of “Derkach team†and were helping him with various tasks.
Other than “interference in US election,†all these people are incriminated with the active criticism of NABU and calls to replace its top officials.
So now their accounts in the US ( if they have any) will be frozen, and so on.
And of course the background theme of it all, is that this group of people has direct ties to Russia, although no tangible proof is provided.
And now - few words of reaction from the sanctioned individuals that followed.
Alexander Onishenko; “These sanctions were as predictable as my reaction to them - I don’t give a damn. This is the reaction of the new US government on my systemic exposure of corruption of Biden and Democratic party, as much as their agents in Ukraine, represented by so-called “anti-corruption bureau,†( NABU) It’s and expensive but worthless organization, that milks the Ukrainain taxpayers for years for its financing. Yet all the corrupt individuals are walking free.â€
Alexander Dubinsky: “Regarding sanctions;
Unfortunately, the falsified reports made by Shabinin and those swindlers affiliated with him ( Shabunin is one of the top officials in NABU; he is tied to George Soros) about my so-called “close ties with Andrej Derkach†( that were forced by the circumstances,) allowed these corrupt parasites to make yet another dirty deal possible.
I repeat one more time; I never interfered in election process of other countries, US election including, and didn’t have anything to do with those Poroshenko/Biden tapes. Everyone knows it.
As far as my further actions that’s going to follow regarding this situation - I’ll act accordingly, within the jurisprudence frame.
I feel sorry however, that some government officials in US use the deceitful reports of swindlers, that basically promote corruption in Ukraine.
But I accept to be part of this list temporarily, for my right to defend my independent position, while standing up for the rights of Ukrainian people. It’s worth it.
And this is only the beginning of the long and windy road of defence process of the national ukrainian interests.
I am obligated to my constituents, to people who elected me to represent them. I am not obligated to represent the interests of multi-national corporations and other parasites, that sap the life out of long-suffering Ukrainian people.
I am never going to be a puppet of the aggressor country ( Russia,) or for our so-called “trans-atlantic partners.â€
( By the way the aforementioned Vitaliy Shabunin acknowledged that the sanctions were imposed after his report, per his request. He mentioned that their next target is going to be the current prosecutor general - Irina Venedictova.)
On the 18th of January Dubinsky is going to hold his press-conference, since he is a member of Zelensky “Servant of the people†party, and “Sorosorians†are demanding his termination. He is also demanding the extraordinary session of his party, since the “unfolding situation indicates the blackmailing of Ukrainian government.â€
Although the overall opinion out there is that Duinsky is not going to be kicked out from the party, on January 13th, the head of the president’s administration, Andrej Yermak, made a post in English on his FB page, stating that “no matter affiliation with what party, this administration will make everything possible to punish those interfering in US election.â€
It looks like it’s a hint to Dubinsky, and a bow to the Democratic Party of the United states."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpG0zbPS4fQ

Old 01-15-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Maybe. I used the figures of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine.

The tariff from 2010 to 2014 was 0.7-1.2 UAH. I rounded it up to 1.
https://index.minfin.com.ua/tariff/gas/2010-08-01/

The tariff from 2021 is 7-10 UAH. I rounded it up to 9.
https://index.minfin.com.ua/tariff/gas/

The tariff has increased by about 9 times, and this is 900%.
But I didn't take inflation into account. So taking into account inflation, maybe 600%

You are right.

Some of the commentators use your figure (900%,) and some - 600%.
Can you please tell me what the heck 5 or 10 dollars DKM is talking about in terms of their household energy prices.

Because I have no patience for looking into their salaries/pensions, convert grivnas into dollars, and the rest of statistics.

Driving me nuts.

Old 01-15-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
From everyone I spoke to recently during the holidays, the virus is the main concern. I thought that was obvious but obvious things aren't always to everyone... Most also feel optimistic about the new year. I guess to Russians, 10 dollars for energy a month is a lot more than 5, but this isn't destroying their livelihood like the virus is.

Ah yeah..
Their health-care system is thoroughly destroyed by "Dr. Death," Ulyana Suprun.

Great "healthcare reforms" orchestrated by you know whom.

We talked about it earlier, so no need to mention it again.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:42 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times
Quote:
You are right.

Some of the commentators use your figure (900%,) and some - 600%.
Can you please tell me what the heck 5 or 10 dollars DKM is talking about in terms of their household energy prices.

Because I have no patience for looking into their salaries/pensions, convert grivnas into dollars, and the rest of statistics.

Driving me nuts.
I also don't know what 10 dollars DCM is talking about.It seems that when he can't object, he writes whatever he wants. I spent about $ 100 on utilities in my private home in December.This hundred dollars includes everything, electricity, water, garbage collection, and so on..

Old 01-15-2021, 11:55 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times
Ukrainians are concerned about the virus in the last place. All prices in Ukraine increased by 20 percent. In general, everything, products, tariffs, mobile communication and so on. The minimum wage has increased by 20% (minimum wage).But the value of the minimum wage ( minimum wage), this figure is tied to taxes and fines. So taxes and fines also increased by 20% . It's sad to be a colony...

Old 01-16-2021, 12:18 PM

168 posts, read 128,922 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTR7...ture=emb_title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe