Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 05:09 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
LOL Kernes was shot for taking the side of Ukraine over your Russian revolution! I remember it all very well and was there at the time so spare me your Russian propaganda version of the events. Cry more fake tears. He made all decisions for him and his oligarch backers sake. In this case, they/he knew Russian plots meant to turn Kharkov into a ruin like Donetsk.

You obviously know only PART of the story and don't understand the details discussed above.
ORIGINALLY Kernes thought that that assassination attempt took place as a revenge for his refusal to support "the Russian Spring."
But later he changed his mind and pointed at A. Avakov ( and his protege - the governor of Kharkov region, I. Baluta.)
Shortly before his death, in the last interview he confirmed this point of view.

Kernes was not dumb, therefore I assume he had good reasons for changing his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
West of Donetsk things are better than the pre maidan for most. That is a very low bar though.

It is only a US colony per Russian propaganda

It is US colony now, because Ukr. government has no freedom to make any decisions whom to appoint and what to do in general.

Quote:
to explain to Russians why Ukrainians want to be part of Europe instead of with their corrupt hole of a country. It is to say, that Ukrainians don't actually want to be Europeans and instead are told to reform their country by their US masters.

They can "want" whatever they like.
There are OBJECTIVE reasons why being part of proverbial "Europe" is unrealistic for them.
Oh, and they are still a corrupt hole as much as they pretend to "move to Europe."
( Objective reasons, as I've said.)

Quote:
Adding to the mess is the fact that there are still pro Russian Ukrainians (who benefited from corruption) fighting reforms, keeping the corrupt system in place and threatening to de-rail the transformation. The issues Ze has with the corrupt "Constitutional Court" being only the latest example. Ze gave in well before this and we all watched reformers slowly get shuffled out of his cabinet. There was supposed to be an Energy Minister confirmed by the rada but they smell blood and see they can regain their corrupt schemes by blocking further reform. Now he and Ukraine are stuck in limbo between reforming along a European path and clinging to the soviet/Russian system of corrupt patronage. He is in real trouble now, although not for the reasons Russian propaganda wants people to believe.

Yes he is, for a reason that he promised so much to Ukrainians that voted for him, yet instead of publicly acknowledging the truth that he is not capable to deliver any of his promises, since he has to do only what his American overlords are dictating him, instead of stepping down, he decided to proceed with lies and to take the path Poroshenko took before him.

But since for people that support Poroshenko he will be never good enough, he is in trouble on each and every front now.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:31 PM

177 posts, read 48,994 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4rR3Z64Io

Old 12-18-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, I get that it angers Russians that Ukraine will get a normally tested safe european vaccine and Russians get their untested might make them worse product. Not my problem. This is going to keep frustrating you because they will continue adopting European standards and products across their entire spectrum of society. It's already happening with the massive construction projects going on around Kiev to absorb people fleeing the "russky mir". This decade will be a painful one for a Russian to watch...

This was said on 10/23/2020 or something.
Fast forward and I read today in the news, that Ukraine is not even on the list "so far of the 92 (!) countries, that are prioritized for receiving the vaccination in January-February. "

According to Bloomberg, Ukraine is somewhere between Uganda and Vanuatu, planning to buy vaccine for only 5% (!) of its population (around 2 million people.)
Yet another 8 million doses will be supplied through Covax ( which will cover yet another 4 million Ukrainians.)
So much for the "normally tested safe European vaccine" vs "evil Russian vaccine" that was offered to Ukrainians, and our collective "frustration."

What the heck.

https://korrespondent.net/ukraine/43...vare-zelenskyi

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

Old 12-18-2020, 02:44 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It is US colony now, because Ukr. government has no freedom to make any decisions whom to appoint and what to do in general.
Which other countries are actually US colonies?

Old 12-18-2020, 02:45 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
You obviously know only PART of the story and don't understand the details discussed above.
ORIGINALLY Kernes thought that that assassination attempt took place as a revenge for his refusal to support "the Russian Spring."
But later he changed his mind and pointed at A. Avakov ( and his protege - the governor of Kharkov region, I. Baluta.)
Shortly before his death, in the last interview he confirmed this point of view.

Kernes was not dumb, therefore I assume he had good reasons for changing his mind.
Why did Avakov want to kill Kernes when Kernes had already embraced Ukrainian unity by then?

Old 12-18-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Which other countries are actually US colonies?

When I think about it, at this point Ukraine is the only country that finds itself in this particular situation.

Old 12-18-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Why did Avakov want to kill Kernes when Kernes had already embraced Ukrainian unity by then?

It was about "biz" at that point more than anything I think ( not just political aspect of it.)
Avakov used to be in administration of the Kharkov region, and he wanted to have one of his people as the mayor of Kharkov, since Kharkov is a successful industrial city ( former capital of Ukraine.)
So he wanted to remove Kernes ( who, I am sure, had his own connections elsewhere, with some other oligarchs.)

Kernes was tying this assassination attempt with I. Baluta - then governor of Kharkov region, who was Avakov's protege.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
When I think about it, at this point Ukraine is the only country that finds itself in this particular situation.
There are many more. South and Central America is a good place to start.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
There are many more. South and Central America is a good place to start.

Can you point me at anything similar to THIS, taking place in South and Central America?

Such brazen speeches of US high top gov. official in the very parliaments of those countries?
Regarding the "unrelenting aggression of Kremlin" and such?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd7_8EGf0NE

( This is the whole thing if you have patience for it all.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLsUMM5zdQY

Last edited by erasure; 12-18-2020 at 07:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe