Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 08:39 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times

Advertisements

^
Paranoid? Well it has to be smart and practical when a country knows others would steal the eyes out if their heads if they weren't looking. In that European sea, minnows like the Baltics are prime pickings for the hungry tunas and sharks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 11:19 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Lugansk region, district Izvarino. Because of shootings in the area PPC Izvarino, refugees are forced to cross the border fields at your own risk:

Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
He must talk with the coal miners, with the people. Their worries for their
economic future are reasonable. But I'm afraid that it's difficult to talk with
some leading insurgents. They are a little bit crazy.
Am I wrong here?...They love Russia and would give their life-blood for Russia and hate everything the 'West/Nazis'' represent. The strength for the former is commendable, the latter disheartening. To me taken together both feelings cancel everything out. That's how things seem to get 'crazy'. Nobody knows just 'how' to talk to each other.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:39 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,458,026 times
Hi everyone! Who knows, did Zbignev Bzhezinsky say that "Orthodoxy - the main enemy of America"? If he said it then when and where?

Old 06-23-2014, 02:06 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Our intelligence has something else to tell about that. Activities of attempts of Russian recruitment has risen heavily since 2007 in Estonia, even Lithuania's president told the German magazine Focus that Russia is trying to lure the Baltic's to turn their back to EU and NATO in exchange for cheap gas and oil. Maybe I'm paranoid but this to me shows clear interest and not the lack of it.
Again - you exaggerate the importance of your country(ies.)
As I've already said it's all about money this time around, and I'm sure Putin wouldn't mind to expand his markets. He won't go out his way however to get those markets, Baltic countries including.
These countries might however fall in his lap as the ripe fruit.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
He must talk with the coal miners, with the people. Their worries for their economic future are reasonable. But I'm afraid that it's difficult to talk with some leading insurgents. They are a little bit crazy.
Right.
And *some leading forces* behind today's Kiev's government are not "a little bit crazy" you think?
Look at those nationalist bozos on the loose.
Craziness gives birth to craziness, so it all evens out.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Hi everyone! Who knows, did Zbignev Bzhezinsky say that "Orthodoxy - the main enemy of America"? If he said it then when and where?
Yes, and it is because of him, his influence on US policies, his direct statement about Russia (along with others), that Russia and generally other countries like China and the peripheral areas have a deep distrust of the US/West no matter how much of an olive branch and money we provide.

Basically, Bzhezinsky is part of the group of Western officials that have openly (and not openly) stated they would like to see the dismantling of the Russian state itself. This has been one of the guides for Russia's reactions to moves from the West. If you notice, about everything the West/US has done over the last 20 years has been nothing more than to circle Russia with bases, and slowly chip away at it. The West/US just wants the resources from Russia, and they want to remove an arms supplier that can provide arms to any and all West/US resistance.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Again - you exaggerate the importance of your country(ies.)
As I've already said it's all about money this time around, and I'm sure Putin wouldn't mind to expand his markets. He won't go out his way however to get those markets, Baltic countries including.
These countries might however fall in his lap as the ripe fruit.
What did I exaggerate? You said Russia has no interest in the Baltic's which is clearly not true. So don't put words in my mouth and read what is being said to you. And those ripe fruits might bare a too high price this time.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
He must talk with the coal miners, with the people. Their worries for their economic future are reasonable. But I'm afraid that it's difficult to talk with some leading insurgents. They are a little bit crazy.
The coal miners are already talking. The name of their recently created platoon is "Kalmius."
And they are not even hiding their faces any longer.
( Care to translate what they are talking about here or about the recent march of the miners against Kiev?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOz3chd_zxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHdzAsZ1SUE

So those "insurgents" are not as "crazy" as you think, and they do represent much more people in the region than you think.
The Kiev's government should have used their brains ( if they have any) before they've unleashed the bozo nationalists. Stupidity is punishable.

Last edited by erasure; 06-23-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
What did I exaggerate? You said Russia has no interest in the Baltic's which is clearly not true.
Russia has no interest in Baltics in the context that Travric keeps on pushing over and over again. As I've said you are ascribing too much POLITICAL importance to your countries, when it comes to Russia, while the importance in this case might be only a matter of economy, if any.

Quote:
So don't put words in my mouth and read what is being said to you.
I did and I am reiterating what is is all about.

Quote:
And those ripe fruits might bare a too high price this time.
Ripe fruits that fall off the trees bear no price - they are ready to be picked up, that's the point.

Last edited by erasure; 06-23-2014 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe