Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Now most of the Russian believes that it is not their war. But if Kiev will
continue to kill the Russian-speaking women and children, Russian can run amok,
take the bit between one's teeth and declare Holy war. And nobody knows where
then stop their tanks and what remains of Russia, Europe and the United States
in the case of NATO intervention.
Well no doub it'll be a matter of time where the level of violence WILL increase in the East. The 'edge' in propaganda and events is slowly and inexorably morphing to the 'Russian' side. The more 'defensive' Ukraine gets the more volatile the situation gets. The Russian 'plan' in the east really looks to be working. I can see where evtns will jump so far that Putin will argue he has no choice there to ostensibly 'bring back' the Russian troops who are now on 'siesta'. I'm sure by now he knows how many he needs to 'take' the East. In the meantime, his 'vanguard' is doing an exemplary job of fomenting violence. The business being done in the East to say the least is bad, very bad. To 'negotiate' with Putin or anybody else for that matter in a separtsist opposition now is absolutely ridiculous.

So with all that nefariousness going on in Eastern Ukraine it may be just the time for the NATO to to up some of the troops in Poland. From the looks of it they look kind of queasy seeing what's going on. You know the type of Putinian theater we're seeing is not only occurring in the East but takes in a whole geopolitical sphere. All in all, the West just has to keep the old Russian boy 'honest' since he just thinks he may be winning in the raging brush-fire in the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 09:39 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
WOW! This is getting ugly. But an armed conflict from the Russians stir up a lot of emotions in people who draw parallels to certain historical events that took place. Most notably during WW2. I'm half Scandinavian and it pisses me off that Russia is rearing its ugly head again. But i'm not to keen to support Ukrainians either with close ties to the notorius Insurgent Army.

I hope chairman Putin and Poroshenko will establish some sort of dialogue before things get really messy.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 06-04-2014 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-04-2014, 09:44 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times
I'm hoping some Habsburg can be found kicking around for the EU to set up as Tsar of Greater Galicia.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:46 AM

Why are the Russians in Ukraine so stubborn and establishing fake republics like People's Donetsk and People's Luhansk? Wouldn't it be easier for you to just pick you bags and move over the border to the nurturing arms of Mother Russia before you manage to escalate your personal vendetta againt the Ukrainians in to a full blown international crisis?

I hear from a relative in Finland that the Russians are practicing military drills close to the finnish border and that is an act of provocation.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 AM

In other words if Russia start messsing with Finland be prepared to get a taste of a classic finnish hand made "mora puukko" and some authentic SUOMI FINLANDIA WODKA poured down your neck like my mother used to say!

But right now Finland has a good relationship with Russia (russian women are hot) just don't do anything stupid. I hope (näin minä toivon) we can be friends.

Vai mitä, näinhän se meneee? (This is the way it goes).

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 06-04-2014 at 11:59 AM..

Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Why are the Russians in Ukraine so stubborn and establishing fake republics like People's Donetsk and People's Luhansk? Wouldn't it be easier for you to just pick you bags and move over the border to the nurturing arms of Mother Russia before you manage to escalate your personal vendetta againt the Ukrainians in to a full blown international crisis?

I hear from a relative in Finland that the Russians are practicing military drills close to the finnish border and that is an act of provocation.
Russians are probably the only people who never return to their beloved motherland, instead the Mother has to come to them. Paradise is only a couple of hours away but no, they rather die than return

Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Russians are probably the only people who never return to their beloved motherland, instead the Mother has to come to them. Paradise is only a couple of hours away but no, they rather die than return
Very true.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We've seen what happened in Chechnya.
Chechnya, Chechnya, Chechnya...
Do you think that the problem in Chechnya was just that they wanted independence? Why are you silent about the genocide of the population? Attacks on neighboring regions, where entire villages were killed? The fact that Russia fought on the side of a large number of Chechens who did not like the idea of ​​secession? You are silent, because you know nothing about Chechnya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The last hotshot you had sacrificed 25 million people without blinking a single eye so that his Soviet Empire wouldn't fall.
No. Not for the Soviet Empire.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:28 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Very true.
Ok. I think that when people with guns come to your home, you'll also collect your bags and leave your home.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 PM

Man, this is getting ugly...but i think Russia has a lot to learn from civilized countries like Finland and Estonia and to some extent Sweden. And i've noticed that USA could learn a few things from EU as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe