Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 03:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Don't use such words.
It has been used in this thread by Russians before. It wasn't meant as an offense. It's an expression which you are familiar with and know what it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 04:35 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
A few days ago - I met a Russian Menopausal lady.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:50 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete
It ("untermensh" word) has been used in this thread by Russians before.
Even if it was so, it's a weak excuse, in my opinion. Though, you can think that you want. This topic turned into a gibble-gabble a long time ago, it's our collective fault. I won't participate anymore, I think I said all I could say.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:54 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Yes.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:44 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Even if it was so, it's a weak excuse, in my opinion. Though, you can think that you want. This topic turned into a gibble-gabble a long time ago, it's our collective fault. I won't participate anymore, I think I said all I could say.
It was an expression, not an opinion.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:31 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Quote:
I'm proud of these young Frenchmen, makes me think of my son who is also
fully on the side of the Donbass rebels (he doesn't fight though , he is working
right now in Africa) , I believe there is a young new generation in my country
which make me hopeful for the future.
You know I think if the French are depending on Mr. Putin they build on mud as well as their antipathy to the West.

The fact they are there shows that perhaps Mr. Putin has bit off more than he can chew and has unleashed something that even he cannot control. I'm sure curious how the Donbass militias feel about Rossiya's 'help'. No doubt they have to feel it should do more and i woldn't be surprised if there's much consternation in the kremlin that they aren't doing anything more.

At this point, I'd say the Crimean annexation which started this Russian 'Reconquista' tidies up Rossiya's strtagic and geographical interests. They look good now with more control in the Caspian and Black Sea. What's proving difficult is winning the battle among the people that is going in Eastern Ukraine turning brother against brother. It frankly is not going well thus attracting all pro-Russian sympathizers from different nationalities. Btw some Spanish are there too...understandable....see 'Reconquista'.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Ok, Ariete, no problem. My decision to stop wasn't connected with your post, just with the common situation here and my conviction that I can't say anything interesting and new.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:33 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
Have you ever said something that you regret?
No.

Quote:
For example calling your neighbor a fat disgusting human beign?
For that I'd have to care enough about anyone being fat.
See the difference? YOU seem to care, I don't.

Quote:
I've done that and i regret - for saying that to her.
Look, if the human being is disgusting ( and we all have our own definitions of what "disgusting" is I suppose, ) then I have no reservations to hate such person. But my hatred, you see at this point is apparently far more solid than yours and calling someone "fat and ugly" doesn't do any longer.
I insist on drawing blood in unlimited quantities and I suspect they can sense it before I can even say anything. So they usually miraculously disappear from my life, before I have a chance to say something ( which I usually don't,) and such thing as "regret" then is simply irrelevant.
So if you ask me, you waste your emotions on god knows what, instead of using them sparingly.

P.S. On a serious note - it all depends on the personality type ( one particular professor I used to know explained to me it all rather well,) and up to a certain extent on the culture/country of your background.
I remember working with one Finn in particular who was going at that point through a lot of personal problems in his life, (unrelated to his job per se) - it was back in my Soviet days, and I didn't have too much experience with people of different backgrounds at that point in time yet, as I have now,) so...
I remember listening to him, about the effect these problems had on him including, and I caught myself thinking "Jeez, what would have happened to you if you'd live in Russia, facing kind of problems/tragedies that Russians are facing and are still keeping their sanity? I mean what would have become of you in this case, how you'd even survive?"
Granted - he was a musician, but still - what you let to affect you and how, depends on your particular background and circumstances.

Last edited by erasure; 08-26-2014 at 09:42 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 09:40 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Thank you earsure, I'm proud of these young Frenchmen, makes me think of my son who is also fully on the side of the Donbass rebels (he doesn't fight though , he is working right now in Africa) , I believe there is a young new generation in my country which make me hopeful for the future.
Quite honestly, I was surprised when I came across that video; ( glad you like it,)
when I do have time though, I'll translate that interview with a DNR fighter from Afghanistan - I've found it to be very interesting too.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 PM

261 posts, read 256,510 times
> He said the Russian economy could lose about 100 billion roubles ($2.8 billion)
> if European goods reached its markets via Ukraine after Kiev signed the trade
> deal with the EU in June. Moscow would retaliate with trade measures if that
> were to happen, Putin added.

I don't understand. Why is it, how does Russia lose money on that ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe